Have you ever turned the TV off or left a game before it was over?

I started thinking about this question after the Holiday Bowl game this year against Washington. I've attended and watched numerous Husker games since I was in 1st or 2nd grade. I've witnessed my first home game loss against ISU in 09' and last years Texas loss in person. I watched the 01' beat down by both Colorado and Miami, 02' against Iowa State, 07' Okie State, 08' OU and Mizzou on TV and I listened to the whole 04' Texas Tech game on the radio but never turned off the TV or switched the station. There are other games that I've watch on TV that we got beat badly but those are the ones that I can think of right now.

But the Washington bowl game this year was the first game I've ever stopped watching not because I was upset or disgusted but because I knew we were the better team that was held back by the Offense that had already blown away this team earlier in the season. After Nebraska's first possesion in the second half, I stopped watching it to jump on Netflix to watch a movie hoping that ESPN would update my phone via text messages that Nebraska would score some TD's.

I watch all of the games. It pains me, but if I can watch, I do watch. There was one time when we were pulling our usual trip over Boulder stunt against the Buffs. Colorado was lining up for what appeared to be the game winning field goal. And it was a chip shot. I turned off the TV, turned around, but then picked up the remote and turned it back on to hear the words....He missed it. We went on to win in overtime. Bottom line, I just can't give up on my Huskers. In some strange way, I think if I endure the pain of losses, the thrill of victory will be that much sweeter.

• Fire 1

I am ashamed to say I left the Texas game early. I wish I would have just stayed to see the final few minutes and I regret leaving regardless of whether we lost or not. I was upset but at least I can say that's the only Husker game I've ever left early in my entire life and it will be the last.

:restore

I remember it quite vividly. October 4th, 2008.

I was dating a girl that went to Rockhurst University in KC, MO in 2008. I was psyched up for the game, hoping we would get revenge on Mizzou for the previous year in CoMo. First drive of the game, I'm pretty sure Mizzou ran a middle screen to Maclin and he takes it the distance...I should've known then that it was a bad omen. The next drive, we answer with a dart from Ganz to Swift (damn, I miss that guy). I'm thinking that we're in for a shootout at this point. Unfortunately, Mizzou held up their end of the bargain, but we did not. The only thing we got after that was an Alex Henery field goal in the second quarter.

We trailed at the half 31-10. It was pathetic, but there was still hope for a come back. I had seen crazier things happen.

The second half started and Mizzou started to pile it on. They scored 3 unanswered touchdowns in the 3rd quarter, making the score 52-10 for pretty much the rest of the game. I couldn't watch anymore after the 3rd quarter. It was embarrassing and I got the sickest feeling in my stomach.

I left to go get hammered at a frat party. The game was on in one of the rooms, so I saw the garbage Menelik Holt TD in the closing seconds of the game.

have i got too drunk to keep watching and end up passing out on my couch? you bet your happy arse i have!

have i ever intentionally turned the channel on the movie box? Nope.

have i ever got up and left a game? Why the HECK would i even consider that????!!!!! you never and i mean NEVER leave a game early and i dont care if we are losing 0-120, winning by 150-0, wanting to go get drunk, or even if you have freaking Jessica Biel naked in your dorm room (you send her to my room)!!! you never leave the stadium until that clock hits 00:00.

When I was a lot younger I turned the TV off in frustration in the closing minute of the 4th because I couldn't bear to see the Huskers lose. Luckily I turned it on several minutes later to catch the final touchdown of the game

yeah.

1997 Missouri :( :( :(

I think the only time I've really decided to tune out mid-game since, was ISU in '07, maybe A&Ma too.