ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

Devin Fuller, if you want to forever be a slot receiver playing QB like Dennard Robinson is/was at Michigan when RichRod was there, so be it.

As sad as it may sound to some of you and as controversial as this may sound, in our game against Michigan, TAYLOR MARTINEZ WAS THE MORE POLISHED QB OUT OF THE TWO. I SAY THAT IN ALL HONESTY AND WITH A STRAIGHT FACE.

I like my QB's effective....I want the more effective QB, and Dennard is WAY more effective then Taylor.... I hope Taylor improves over the offseason, and I'm rooting for him, but right now give me Dennard, easily....

Devin Fuller, if you want to forever be a slot receiver playing QB like Dennard Robinson is/was at Michigan when RichRod was there, so be it.

As sad as it may sound to some of you and as controversial as this may sound, in our game against Michigan, TAYLOR MARTINEZ WAS THE MORE POLISHED QB OUT OF THE TWO. I SAY THAT IN ALL HONESTY AND WITH A STRAIGHT FACE.

I like my QB's effective....I want the more effective QB, and Dennard is WAY more effective then Taylor.... I hope Taylor improves over the offseason, and I'm rooting for him, but right now give me Dennard, easily....

Not to stray off subject here, but Dennard has shifty speed, he has more mobility than Taylor does. Taylor has more straight line speed. Throwing wise i don't see much of a difference at all.

Devin, from what i have seen, is more like Dennard than Taylor, when he gets out in the open, he makes defenders miss, while Taylor just runs and tries to run through the defender (or most recently slide).

Not to stray off subject here, but Dennard has shifty speed, he has more mobility than Taylor does. Taylor has more straight line speed. Throwing wise i don't see much of a difference at all.

Devin, from what i have seen, is more like Dennard than Taylor, when he gets out in the open, he makes defenders miss, while Taylor just runs and tries to run through the defender (or most recently slide).

This.

I don't think that Dennard is a great passer, but I find him better then Martinez at it. I am a Martinez fan, but when Martinez drops back you think " Oh Sh*t, don't throw a pick", or when he runs "Don't fumble, or get rocked by a Lb".... Dennard has a lot more big play ability in both areas (running, passing) then Martinez. That much seems pretty obvious to me.

Robinson is also going into his senior year, Taylor is going to be a junior who spent most of last season learning how to manage a game in a new offense. No excuses for some boneheaded decision making but lets put things in perspective.

They have started the same amount of years though (Robinson was a backup to the Forcier kid his freshman year). Martinez did a fine job managing the game for us last year, but he isn't going to win us many games with his play. The one game he looked great as a passer we lost (Northwestern).

Some people are prediciting Fuller to Arizona now. I really hope he doesnt fall for Richrods snake oil.

I hope not either, I really do. I can understand if he does though, but if he does he better prepared to lose and lose a lot. That isn't a hit on Devin, AZ needs serious talent upgrades everywhere to begin with. Where as NU has better OL, RBs, WRs, so if I were a QB prospect, I'd be ready to jump at the opportunity, not to mention the facilities, academics, fan support and bowl tie ins. As good as a recruiter Rodriguez is, it will take him some time to get it at a competitive level talent wise. I really hope the Fullers recognize this. As far as our QBs go I hope we get Devin, because I really, really like his potential.

Excellent points. I agree with them all --- save one. UA is an excellent academic institution --- their academics are first rate. NU, of course, is strong there too. But let us not overstate the case... UA is a fine school.

Football wise --- as you state, Devin likely has a better context at NU than at UA.

Fair enough Rob, I just think there are far more pros for Devin at NU vs U of A.

Oh, yeah. I agree whole-heatedly.

I don't think that Dennard is a great passer, but I find him better then Martinez at it. I am a Martinez fan, but when Martinez drops back you think " Oh Sh*t, don't throw a pick", or when he runs "Don't fumble, or get rocked by a Lb".... Dennard has a lot more big play ability in both areas (running, passing) then Martinez. That much seems pretty obvious to me.

agree about denard's big play abilities, but it's worth noting that he had about twice as many picks as taylor did this year (despite fewer attempts) as well as a lower completion percentage. robinson definitely "looks" better when he plays, but i have a hard time saying he's the better quarterback.

(had a hard time finding fumble stats for robinson to compare those, but i would guess that he comes out better than taylor there, though taylor did make significant strides in ball security this year.)

agree about denard's big play abilities, but it's worth noting that he had about twice as many picks as taylor did this year (despite fewer attempts) as well as a lower completion percentage. robinson definitely "looks" better when he plays, but i have a hard time saying he's the better quarterback.

(had a hard time finding fumble stats for robinson to compare those, but i would guess that he comes out better than taylor there, though taylor did make significant strides in ball security this year.)

Really?.... I find that very interesting, while I respect your opinion I couldn't disagree with you more on that. Dennard is mistake prone, but he has won a lot more games for Michigan then Taylor has for us. I just don't see it being that close at all.

Look at it this way. How much better would be have been with Dennard Robinson? In my opinion we would have significantly better then we actually were. I am open for someone to try and convince me otherwise, it is a great topic....