Dennard and Crick projected as 1st rounders

todd mcgay

and mel the head kiper are just payed to be bullshiters... it especially annoys me that i dont any of these geeks played football or even sports in college or even high school.... just the worst arm chair dorks ever.. i can image them crusing around in the day snorting and playing d and d....

however ironicly i think these guys who make their money promoting or pummelling college kids used to get beat up by guys just like them back in the day..... poetic justice i suppose.....

McShay was actually a safety at Richmond. Not sure about Kiper though

<_<

well i've always hated kiper more anyways!!

:LOLtartar

You just hate his hair

todd mcgay

and mel the head kiper are just payed to be bullshiters... it especially annoys me that i dont any of these geeks played football or even sports in college or even high school.... just the worst arm chair dorks ever.. i can image them crusing around in the day snorting and playing d and d....

however ironicly i think these guys who make their money promoting or pummelling college kids used to get beat up by guys just like them back in the day..... poetic justice i suppose.....

<_<

You just hate his hair

MelKiper.jpg

You made me look. And you may be right.

The problem isn't Kiper or McShay, they get all their information from league scouts and then pass it off as being great talent evaluators. The problem is the way teams draft. A guy like Fairley can drop to 13 because he only had one year of production while a guy like Quinn can shoot up 14 and be a considered a great pick even though he had zero production last season while being suspended. Lavonte won't be evaluated on production, it will be his measurables. He'll go in the second round barring an injury.

I think the right way to look at it is not to look at college production, but just to trust your eyes as a scout and talent evaluator. A player's measurables tell you about what kind of physical talent he has. A player's performance in drills and interviews tells you more about his skills and the player as a person. A player's film tells you what kind of a player he is, more than some numbers on a sheet of paper ever can. How many ultra-productive college players just don't have the skills to translate to the NFL? As a fan, I would prefer teams who stick with what their eyes tell them over basing too much on statistics or not. It's all part of it, but...

I think it's the same way with college recruiting. Look at Blaine Gabbert's numbers as a senior at Parkway West...not too good, if I recall. So many things go into numbers, really.

McNeil and Paul had very bright futures at the beginning of the year. They both dropped like a rock during the season though. I think that's unsurprising. Paul exposed his weaknesses a bit and McNeil...I think I agree with other posters, he did have plenty of weaknesses to begin with. He was never a tenacious blocker, so he really needed to demonstrate productivity and reliability catching the ball - and he didn't.

• Fire 1

todd mcgay

<_<

You just hate his hair

MelKiper.jpg

You made me look. And you may be right.

He's an average man with above average hair.

Unfortunately, I don't see Dennard going that high. I really do think that he is a better DB than Prince was, I really do, the only way to really describe his game is the word physical, but he's a shrimp. Definitely don't see him being the first corner taken. Dre Kirkpatrick from Bama more than likely will be if he chooses to come out. I think that David could very well be taken in the first round as well. It all really depends though. The draft is very unpredictable. Christian Ponder 12th is exhibit A.

david wont go in the first round unless he bulks up, all the NFL cares about is measureables in the draft and lavonte is undersized to be what is considered the prototype NFL linebacker, they will come up with some bs excuse like he wont be able to shed blocks from the lineman in the NFL or something to that effect and someone will pick him up late in the 2nd or earlier in the 3rd and have a great steal

david wont go in the first round unless he bulks up, all the NFL cares about is measureables in the draft and lavonte is undersized to be what is considered the prototype NFL linebacker, they will come up with some bs excuse like he wont be able to shed blocks from the lineman in the NFL or something to that effect and someone will pick him up late in the 2nd or earlier in the 3rd and have a great steal

If he performs well in the Big 10 I think his stock could go up, especially since a lot of people view the Big 10 as a physical and bigger conference than the others.

If he performs well in the Big 10 I think his stock could go up, especially since a lot of people view the Big 10 as a physical and bigger conference than the others.

Yeah, a good performance this year will make Lavonte a wealthy man. But he's still a tweener. I can't believe how much bigger NFL LBs are these days. A lot of the best ones going over 240. Even college LBs are bigger now. Remember Donta Jones? He weighed 220.

Lavonte has gotten his weight up from 210 to around 225 pounds since last year, but I still dont see him being taken in the first round either. Crick could slide into the top 20 picks with a good season, and Dennard maybe between 25-32 range. As EZ said, Dennard is a shrimp (maybe 5'10") but he plays like a safety.

Dennard isn't towering, but he's solid and he's a good, physical tackler. That's going to be the difference between him and that Ras-I Dowling from UVA who went to the Pats in the second. He shied from contact, and slipped out of the first...Dennard is physical