Washington Names Sacrificial Lamb for September's Slaughter

To the best of my knowledge we have had to play an opponent in a bowl game twice after we had beaten them in the regular season. Neither time was good for the Huskers. Should it ever happen again that we are paired with an opponent that we have beaten in the regular season I say we tell the bowl to pi$$ up a rope and try to replace the 35,000+ Big Red Fans we would have brought with us.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

To the best of my knowledge we have had to play an opponent in a bowl game twice after we had beaten them in the regular season. Neither time was good for the Huskers. Should it ever happen again that we are paired with an opponent that we have beaten in the regular season I say we tell the bowl to pi$$ up a rope and try to replace the 35,000+ Big Red Fans we would have brought with us.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

Amen.

Trust me, our kids want blood. UW is going to be run out of that stadium.

Oh, yes. Yes they do.

I just hope they don't get over-amped and pull a Texas. This should be a bloodbath, but if our guys can't control themselves it'll be a cluster****.

Yeah, that's been mentioned before. I think there is zero chance of this happening. What you saw at the Texas game was over a decade's worth of disappointing losses to Texas, mixed with angst over the unbelievable end to the prior year's CCG, combined with the frenzy of our last season in the Big 12, with a dash of resentment for the Big 12, not to mention a pinch of shall we say "biased" officiating. That game was so overhyped and overemphasized that the pressure could not have been more intense. For crying out loud, I flew out to the game from San Diego, and on my connecting flight to Omaha from PHOENIX there were at least two dozen Husker fans on the plane in Husker red. That game was a make or break moment, not just for the season, but for our entire legacy in the Big 12. (See also the 2010 CCG against Oklahoma.)

On a hypeness scale of 1-10, the 2010 Texas game was a 100.

I think the upcoming UW game will be more of a 6 on the Hypeness scale. Bo will be telling those guys we have to get a little payback for the disappointing end to our 2010 season, but to come out and execute and get ready for our conference season.

In short, the game won't be overemphasized (2010 Texas), nor underemphasized (2010 Holiday Bowl); it will, to quote Goldilocks, be "just right."

Not to mention a Texas team with 2 straight losses and nothing to lose, all the talent in the world waiting to play the game of their lives for once, and all the confidence in world based on history. It was the perfect recipe for disaster. I seriously lost hope in that game once Helu fumbled. A fan behind me grumbled at me and all I said was "sorry ma'am, but I've read the book and seen the movie on this stuff." What a nightmare.

Trust me, our kids want blood. UW is going to be run out of that stadium.

Oh, yes. Yes they do.

I just hope they don't get over-amped and pull a Texas. This should be a bloodbath, but if our guys can't control themselves it'll be a cluster****.

Yeah, that's been mentioned before. I think there is zero chance of this happening. What you saw at the Texas game was over a decade's worth of disappointing losses to Texas, mixed with angst over the unbelievable end to the prior year's CCG, combined with the frenzy of our last season in the Big 12, with a dash of resentment for the Big 12, not to mention a pinch of shall we say "biased" officiating. That game was so overhyped and overemphasized that the pressure could not have been more intense. For crying out loud, I flew out to the game from San Diego, and on my connecting flight to Omaha from PHOENIX there were at least two dozen Husker fans on the plane in Husker red. That game was a make or break moment, not just for the season, but for our entire legacy in the Big 12. (See also the 2010 CCG against Oklahoma.)

On a hypeness scale of 1-10, the 2010 Texas game was a 100.

I think the upcoming UW game will be more of a 6 on the Hypeness scale. Bo will be telling those guys we have to get a little payback for the disappointing end to our 2010 season, but to come out and execute and get ready for our conference season.

In short, the game won't be overemphasized (2010 Texas), nor underemphasized (2010 Holiday Bowl); it will, to quote Goldilocks, be "just right."

Not to mention a Texas team with 2 straight losses and nothing to lose, all the talent in the world waiting to play the game of their lives for once, and all the confidence in world based on history. It was the perfect recipe for disaster. I seriously lost hope in that game once Helu fumbled. A fan behind me grumbled at me and all I said was "sorry ma'am, but I've read the book and seen the movie on this stuff." What a nightmare.

Yeah, that's a good call. I remember being more than a little concerned as soon as I heard that Texas lost to UCLA. It also didn't help that Texas had an extra week to prepare for that game. Honestly, that loss cost us two games because UW pulled the film for that game and had Locker do the exact same things as Garrett Gilbert (i.e., run like a bandit off of bootlegs and refrain from passing at all).

• 3 weeks later...

The reason few Washington Huskies respond on this board is that we actually have a life out here with oceans to boat on, mountains to climb and interesting terrain to cycle. So, when not watching football we actually have a life other than spending time spewing meaningless drivel on these boards and watching corn grow.

The reason few Washington Huskies respond on this board is that we actually have a life out here with oceans to boat on, mountains to climb and interesting terrain to cycle. So, when not watching football we actually have a life other than spending time spewing meaningless drivel on these boards and watching corn grow.

So the conversation would go something like

Guy #1: Dude, lets go row a boat, climb Mr Rainier, and ride our bikes down it, then we'll go have some Starbucks.

Guy #2: Dude, totally, we have this interesting terrain to enjoy, good thing we don't have to watch corn grow

Guy #1: Dude, I know right, that would be so lame, lets go to the ocean

Guy #2: Dude, seriously, lets go find the dude with the mohawk, he'll want to go to the ocean with us

• Fire 1

Mt. Rainier is pretty awesome, I'll give you that Mike.

But I lived with you guys for three years. I know the real deal. You love your teams, but they suck. Especially your beloved Huskies. You've been bitter ever since 1991, and it won't get any better with Sark. Enjoy that Holiday Bowl, because we are going to Roadhouse your throats come September 17th. See you there! :)

Mt. Rainier is pretty awesome, I'll give you that Mike.

But I lived with you guys for three years. I know the real deal. You love your teams, but they suck. Especially your beloved Huskies. You've been bitter ever since 1991, and it won't get any better with Sark. Enjoy that Holiday Bowl, because we are going to Roadhouse your throats come September 17th. See you there! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKDPMgve67Y

• Fire 1