What is our record next year?

Yeah, except they won't do any of that. Bo rolls out the 5-2 spinner, wisconsin won't get a first down till the 2nd quarter, and they fail to score unless they have a really good kicker.

Big slow power offenses aren't going to have any luck this season against the blackshirts. Zero.

I see the kool-aid is treating you well this evening.

This is way too funny. :snacks:

right now i see nebraska as 2 loss team this year. We just cant seem to find consistent enough play not to say we will go undefeated.

I could see that happening, but I could also see losing up to 3 or 4...

It's tough right now, things are still up in the air...

Four losses? Oh, you be trollin'.

Dude, stop... I've got a rep to protect

And i'll go further. All the pieces are in place for a National Title run. Bo expects to contend for a national title every season. I'll hold him to it, starting right freaking now.

GBR.

Um, I don't want to mess up your momentum, you were on a roll, but, we don't play a game for almost 3 and a half months..

I think next season going to be a lot like our last season.

Although, it should be improved, it's hard for me to see our offense being "leaps and bounds" better than it was last year. This transition could take some time. I think the road games at Wisky and PSU will be tough environments for us. To win on the road, you need to be able to rally the team and overcome adversity when things aren't going well. We need to make plays when they are ABSOLUTELY necessary. TM didn't show us he was capable of that last season and things didn't appear to be much different in the spring.

That said, I see us losing to Wisky and PSU on the road, but still making it to the CCG. I think we'll play tOSU and end up losing. It's always hard to beat a team twice in the same season.

FWIW:

I see us at 10-3 going into the bowl game.

The thing about Pelini's defenses are that they have all been great at stopping throwing oriented spread offenses. We have had issues with teams that run the ball well like Okie St and Kendall Hunter racking up yards like crazy. Not to mention Washington did an excellent job of running the ball against us the first time, but still kept trying to throw the ball for some reason. I don't know how well we can handle run oriented offenses.

Pelini defenses have done just fine against running offenses in the past. The only team that was able to really move the ball on the ground this last season was Okie St., but that was because they had a lethal passing attack. I seem to remember how KSU was going to run all over our "small" defense as well. Like most games it's going to come down to the players, how they play and how they matchup.

You might want to add SDSU in that group. Any team that decided to run the ball and kept with it did a good job against our defense.

Bo always has a game where we are not prepared, I do not see this year being different.

I think we win the conference, but not the MNC, I doubt we get to it, let alone win. A BCS game I think is in the offering, but we could lose 4 games just as easily.

Going to be very interesting for sure.

9/3 vs Chattanooga - Nebraska 56, Chattanooga 3

Nebraska will anally rape Chattanooga. Halftime score Nebraska 42, Chattanooga 0. Braylon Heard & Aaron Green both break off several big runs, & Jamal Turner has 120+ receiving yards.

9/10 vs Fresno State - Nebraska 42, Fresno State 10

Carr gets schooled by the Blackshirts. Nebraska leads 35-3 at halftime & lets foot off gas pedal. Second string D gets lazy & sloppy in final drive & gives up a touchdown

9/17 vs Washington - Nebraska 48, Washington 14

Revenge game. Nebraska dominate Washington. Rex Burkhead runs for 150+ yards. Jamal Turner returns a punt for a touchdown. Mauro Bondi kicks his first field goal. Defense dominates but gives up 2 scores on 2 big plays resulting from defensive breakdowns

9/24 at Wyoming - Nebraska 52, Wyoming 0

First shutout of the year. Defensive breakdowns are corrected & defense dominates. Lavonte David has 17 tackles, Braylon Heard rushes for 130+ yards.

10/1 at Wisconsin - Nebraska 17, Wisconsin 13

Nebraska trails 7-0 at halftime & Taylor Martinez is pulled in favor of Brion Carnes late in the 2nd quarter. Defense gets gashed by Wisconsin rushing attack in Wisconsin's opening drive but corrects itself & has Wisconsin on lockdown for rest of quarter. Nebraska & Wisconsin exchange field goals in 3rd quarter. Wisconsin hits a field goal with 9:05 remaining in 4th quarter to take a 13-3 lead. Carnes hits Jamal Turner for a 58 yard touchdown with 5:53 remaining & Rex Burkhead scores on a 33 yard run to take a 17-13 lead with 1:59 left. Defense holds Wisconsin in final drive & Brion Carnes takes a knee to end the game

10/8 vs Ohio State - Nebraska 10, Ohio State 3

Lavonte David & co put a cocky & overconfident Terrelle Pryor on lockdown for the entire game. Ohio State's defense is dominant & Nebraska's offense struggles entire game. Game is tied 3-3 halftime. Nebraska sustains a long drive lead by Rex Burkhead & Braylon Heard late in the 3rd quarter, capped by an 11 yard Rex Burkhead touchdown.

10/22 at Minnesota - Nebraska 31, Minnesota 0

Nebraska is rusty after a week off & is only winning 7-0 at halftime. They pick it up a notch in the 2nd half & win comfortable. Defense is absolutely dominate & pitches 2nd shutout of the season. Rex Burkhead rushes for 100+ yards & Jamal Turner has 80+ yards on the receiving end

10/29 vs Michigan State - Nebraska 21, Michigan State 7

Michigan State puts up a fight is unable to topple Nebraska. Game is tied 7-7 at halftime. Brion Carnes scores has a 15 yard touchdown run & Rex Burkhead has 2 touchdown runs.

11/5 vs Northwestern - Nebraska 36, Northwestern 9

Defense gives 3 field goals. Offense scores 4 touchdowns, Mauro Bondi kicks 2 field goals & Jared Crick records a safety. Aaron Green rushes for 100+ yards.

11/12 at Penn State - Nebraska 14, Penn State 10

The entire game is a defensive struggle & Nebraska edges Penn State. Brion Carnes hits Jamal Turner for a 26 yard touchdown & Braylon Heard scores on a 36 yard touchdown run. Rex Burkhead has 80+ yards rushing

11/19 at Michigan - Nebraska 42, Michigan 21

Denard Robinson gives Nebraska D some trouble in the 1st half & scores on 2 rushing touchdowns. Game is tied 14-14 at halftime. Nebraska puts Robinson on lockdown in 2nd half & a sh**ty Michigan defense breaks down. Brion Carnes rushes for 100+ yards in the 2nd half, Aaron Green scores on a 50 yard touchdown run & Rex Burkhead rushes for 3 scores. The other scores are a 9 yard td by Carnes & a 15 yard td pass to Kyler Reed

11/25 Iowa - Nebraska 16, Iowa 0

Nebraska's offense struggles against Iowa, but Nebraska's D pounds Iowa. Iowa finishes the game with 91 yards of total offense & 6 first downs. Jared Crick records 3 sacks. Mauro Bondi kicks 3 field goals of 47, 45 & 31, & misses a 53 yarder. Brion Carnes scores on a 21 yard run.

Big 10 Championship Game vs Ohio State - Nebraska 13, Ohio State 10

Game is a defensive struggle. Ohio State leads 7-3 at halftime. Nebraska takes a 10-7 lead with 5:29 left on a 18 yard Brion Carnes touchdown run. Ohio State ties the game with a field goal with 2:13 remaining. Brion Carnes hits Jamal Turner for 25 yards with :08 seconds left to put Nebraska in field goal range, timeout is called with :03 seconds left. Mauro Bondi hits a 50 yard field goal to send Nebraska to the National Championship

I honestly don't see why people are being so confident. This is a completely untested offense with new coaches all around, a schedule against some serious competition and some question marks from last season that have yet to be answered... I could definitely see this as a six-loss season.

Roark --- you are so correct. People who see us with 10 (or more!) regular season wins are to be commended for their enthusiam and are certainly updeat (which is good) but are bound to be really dissapointed. I see the regular season as a 7-5 record. There is an outside chance, probably the next most likely regular season record, at maybe 8-4.... though Roark, I'd agree that a 6-6 is also fairly reasonable a possibility. In no way can or should we expect this team to win more than 8 games in the regular season ... and that is with 4 teams on the schedule that are gimmes.

This team is way too inconsistant, is too prone to being flat, poorly prepared and play with out intensity, they have a "new" offense (maybe!) and are too prone to penalties, fumbles, taking needless sacks and... well we are still a mid-uppermis conference-level team... maybe inching up in the right direction... but a long way from a 10-11 win regular season against this upcoming schedule.

Roark and I may be wrong, and I'll go out on a limb and speak for the both of us in saying we hope we are wrong... but wow... I cannot see where these predictions are coming from... did you guys see the last 5 games of last season?

I honestly don't see why people are being so confident. This is a completely untested offense with new coaches all around, a schedule against some serious competition and some question marks from last season that have yet to be answered... I could definitely see this as a six-loss season.

Roark --- you are so correct. People who see us with 10 (or more!) regular season wins are to be commended for their enthusiam and are certainly updeat (which is good) but are bound to be really dissapointed. I see the regular season as a 7-5 record. There is an outside chance, probably the next most likely regular season record, at maybe 8-4.... though Roark, I'd agree that a 6-6 is also fairly reasonable a possibility. In no way can or should we expect this team to win more than 8 games in the regular season ... and that is with 4 teams on the schedule that are gimmes.

This team is way too inconsistant, is too prone to being flat, poorly prepared and play with out intensity, they have a "new" offense (maybe!) and are too prone to penalties, fumbles, taking needless sacks and... well we are still a mid-uppermis conference-level team... maybe inching up in the right direction... but a long way from a 10-11 win regular season against this upcoming schedule.

Roark and I may be wrong, and I'll go out on a limb and speak for the both of us in saying we hope we are wrong... but wow... I cannot see where these predictions are coming from... did you guys see the last 5 games of last season?

I do agree with you about this team having a history of coming out flat and playing sloppy. Predicting us going 7-5 or 6-6 is a bit of the stretch.

Lets look at the schedule....

Tenn-Chatt-W

Fresno St.-W

Washington-W

Wyoming-W

Wisconsin- Toss Up

Ohio State- Toss Up

Minnesota- W

Michigan State-W, everybody saying how the arent gonna be that good, but its still a game we have to be ready for.

Northwestern-W Stop Dan Persa-stop Northwestern, there offense plays right into the strength of our defense. Like there big brother Michigan they cant stop anybody.

Penn State-Toss Up Playing in Happy Valley is tough i wouldnt be surprised if we lost eventhough we are better than Penn State, see A&M 2010.

Michigan-Toss Up playing at the big house is gonna be tough, it really depends on well Michigans new offense is going and if they have figured out how to stop somebody.

Iowa-W Low scoring game, but the blackshirts are hitting there stride at this point, this game probably decides the division.

At worst case I see Nebraska with an 8-4 record. There is atleast 6 gimmes on that schedule. The 4 non conf games and Minnesota/Northwestern, for us to squeak 2 or 3 more wins is not that unreasonable. However saying we are gonna go undefeated and have a MNC appearance is unreasonable.

The thing about Pelini's defenses are that they have all been great at stopping throwing oriented spread offenses. We have had issues with teams that run the ball well like Okie St and Kendall Hunter racking up yards like crazy. Not to mention Washington did an excellent job of running the ball against us the first time, but still kept trying to throw the ball for some reason. I don't know how well we can handle run oriented offenses.

Pelini defenses have done just fine against running offenses in the past. The only team that was able to really move the ball on the ground this last season was Okie St., but that was because they had a lethal passing attack. I seem to remember how KSU was going to run all over our "small" defense as well. Like most games it's going to come down to the players, how they play and how they matchup.

But that is KSU. They didn't have anything to offer but Daniel Thomas. These Big 10 schools have some verteran QB's that will be able to do enough in the passing game that we can't just have our eyes in the backfield. If I remember right KSU had opportunities but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with their passes.

MSU and Wisconsin will provide some unique challenges we haven't seen in a while.

I do think Bo's defenses that he built here made their name as "spread-killers", which was the job they needed to do in the Big 12.

I think Bo's perfectly capable of changing things up, however.

Funny. I remember when Bo was hired as HC that everyone bagged on him because he couldn't stop the spread. They kept bringing up KSU, Mizzou, and Texas from 2003. They all had mobile defenses, and did pretty well against us. After 2008, we still had people questioning his ability to stop a spread offense.

And then 2009 and 2010 happens.

Funny how that works.

• Fire 1