Cody Green to transfer?

I don't question Cody at all. He is a good kid. Did everything he was asked from the program. Read on HuskerExtra and Omaha with the older articles of him. He helped out the younger QB's and players last year and was even open to a position change if it would help the team. He would likely end up 3rd going into fall camp and coaches weren't at a place to change his position because of depth. Hard place to be for the kid. Hope he does well in the future. NU was lucky to have him when they did. I know we leaned on him more than once in the last two seasons.

• Fire 1

Looks like we're going to get to know Ron Kellogg the Third a little better.

THIS. The kid showed promise in the spring game, I understand that game is just that...but he did. I was definitely impressed.

But, as far as Cody Green goes, I see this both ways. He hasn't necessarily lived up to the expectations that were set for him and some even by him since he arrived. He had a good year in 2009 with limited play of course, but was never exactly spectacular. In 2010, same thing. He seems to beat with the new kids and our current starter as of right now, or at least after the spring game. So I could see why the young man would want to transfer. However, I really wish there was more of a "I'm not giving up" kind of attitude. The kid has physical tools to do great things, but I'm not sure his head is in it 100% every play every game. I'm not sure if it is a mental thing or just a lack of knowing the system, and yet we've changed systems this year so why not give it a full shot? Time is running out for the kid for sure. So like I said, I can see it both ways. I just hope he succeeds wherever he goes, in school and on the field.

I guess we should also question how his parents raised him, like some did the Gabberts?

Or call him a spoiled brat and a sore loser, as many have called Martinez.

My response to both of these posts: I missed the part where he ever acted wishy washy, spoiled, or immature. That is what separates these other two situations with the Green situation. He has always been a team player, mature, works hard, and has made informed decisions.

• Fire 2

I guess we should also question how his parents raised him, like some did the Gabberts?

My response to both of these posts: I missed the part where he ever acted wishy washy, spoiled, or immature. That is what separates these other two situations with the Green situation. He has always been a team player, mature, works hard, and has made informed decisions.

People thought Martinez was wishy washy, spoiled, and immature because of the rumors about him transferring. Cody Green is actually transferring. I don't think either player is spoiled or immature, just trying to point out the pretty blatant hypocrisy in the fan base's reaction.

• Fire 1

People thought Martinez was wishy washy, spoiled, and immature because of the rumors about him transferring. Cody Green is actually transferring. I don't think either player is spoiled or immature, just trying to point out the pretty blatant hypocrisy in the fan base's reaction.

It is pretty comical. I guess it's because Martinez doesn't have that million dollar smile. I like Cody and all, but he was a bust. Hope he finds some success elsewhere. Best of luck to him.

Well so much for the political correct crap.

If Martinez had quit today 90% of you would be throwing him under the bus, Green quits, oh what a nice guy. Bull$hit. He QUIT, He is leaving us high and dry, because he failed to do what he was recruited for. Nebraska kept him for three years, he never gave us three years of service.

You start something, you finish, not pull up your panites and run some where else, where he will fail just like every one of them have so far. He is not a division one QB, we carried him to honor our commitment, he leaves. Loyalty, honor, dedication are words that have meanings. Learn them Cody, you will need them in life.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!!

BA BYE!!!!!

• Fire 2

It's not even the same. Cody has had two years worth of being a last-case scenario and has done it with a smile. He's been quoted repeatedly saying that he doesn't care what his role is, just so long as he helps the team. How many shots of him have you seen of him helping signal plays in with a headset with just as much zeal as if he were the starter? (See also Zac Lee and Kody Spano.)

Cody leaving is not an immature, "I'm taking my ball and going home" reaction, it's a sobering recognition that he wants to play and will almost certainly not have that opportunity here. As much as people think this speaks volumes about Carnes, it's more likely that it speaks to RK III, who may have passed Green on the depth chart to get the #3 spot.

Meanwhile, when he is sidelined for whatever reason, Martinez acts disinterested and seems totally aloof. There's been enough smoke to suspect there is at least something smoldering there with regard to his less-than-stellar attitude.

In sum, there is no doubt Cody loves the Huskers, and his transfer is clearly about looking for his best opportunity so that he can play someday. Martinez's apparent transfer threat was more about him not getting his way.

Edit: Let's put it this way:

There is a decent chance Martinez would transfer the SECOND he was bumped down to #2.

CG is transferring now that he is #3 or #4, with no hope of ever being the starter. Big, big difference folks.

• Fire 2

If Martinez had quit today 90% of you would be throwing him under the bus, Green quits, oh what a nice guy. Bull$hit. He QUIT, He is leaving us high and dry, because he failed to do what he was recruited for. Nebraska kept him for three years, he never gave us three years of service.

You start something, you finish, not pull up your panites and run some where else, where he will fail just like every one of them have so far. He is not a division one QB, we carried him to honor our commitment, he leaves. Loyalty, honor, dedication are words that have meanings. Learn them Cody, you will need them in life.

BA BYE!!!!!

Seriously????? Did you think the same thing about DTray or Kody Spano. Spano never played a down, I suppose you call him a quiter too. Where did Green fail to do what he was recruited for??? He is technically 4-0 as a starter, he saved our bacon when we needed him too. I highly doubt Kellogg wouldve been able to beat ISU and CU. If he didnt give us three years of service, how is he leaving us high and dry???

• Fire 3

There is a hell of a lot more to a player's contribution, loyalty, and service to their school than starting, playing well and winning games.

Cody is a great guy that I know personally, and gave everything he had physically, mentally and emotionally to this program and the guys on the team. Everyone loves him for good reason, and he's been totally devoted to the school and state of Nebraska in his time here.

BA BYE!!!!!

Seriously????? Did you think the same thing about DTray or Kody Spano. Spano never played a down, I suppose you call him a quiter too. Where did Green fail to do what he was recruited for??? He is technically 4-0 as a starter, he saved our bacon when we needed him too. I highly doubt Kellogg wouldve been able to beat ISU and CU. If he didnt give us three years of service, how is he leaving us high and dry???

Kody Spano didn't quit the team, but yes he did quit the game, because of injuries. Cody Green isn't transferring because of injuries, he's transferring for the same reasons as DTray, playing time. Sure, TECHNICALLY, he's 4-0 as a starter, but that doesn't mean he's exceeded the expectations set for him by the staff and I'm sure by himself.

I'm not saying (and I know I'm not the poster you responded to) that he's a big time quitter and whiner by any means, but he hasn't exactly wowed anyone the entire time he's been here. He's has underperformed. He had flashes of great play making ability, but he is very inconsistent. Now showing that he's not willing to fight it out and try to get better as a player against what is thin but motivated competition, isn't exactly worthy of high praise for the guy.

26 years in the Marine Corps makes my ideas of loyalty different than yours I guess, but to me a quitter is a quitter. He signed to play for Nebraska, he is not good enough, but we did not kick him to curb, we honor our side, he doesn't.

Spano did not quit, he was force do stop playing due to injury, totally a different thing.

Leaving us high and dry when you are number two QB with an injury prome starter, yea I think that qualifies.

Hey he may be a great guy, who cares, he quit when we truly needed him.

Trust me if Taylor had quit today the tone would be totally different about him. The two are no different, the signed to play for Nebraska. One stays one quits. Not much lower than a quitter to me. Winners never quit, quitters never win.

He will move on to another program and never start a game, never be more than he was here. He does not have the ability we wasted a scholarship on. That happens every single year at every single program. But most finish it out, stick by their choices.

I wish him luck, at what ever he does, but I have no undying love or respect for him.

Put Martinez in this and this would be the standard post, we all know it. Truth is truth.

BA BYE!!!!!

Kody Spano didn't quit the team, but yes he did quit the game, because of injuries. Cody Green isn't transferring because of injuries, he's transferring for the same reasons as DTray, playing time. Sure, TECHNICALLY, he's 4-0 as a starter, but that doesn't mean he's exceeded the expectations set for him by the staff and I'm sure by himself.

I'm not saying (and I know I'm not the poster you responded to) that he's a big time quitter and whiner by any means, but he hasn't exactly wowed anyone the entire time he's been here. He's has underperformed. He had flashes of great play making ability, but he is very inconsistent. Now showing that he's not willing to fight it out and try to get better as a player against what is thin but motivated competition, isn't exactly worthy of high praise for the guy.

I agree he hasnt wowed anyone while he was here and has underperformed at the position. With the switch to the type of zone read offense we had last year. Cody was pretty much done. Especially with playing making ability that Martinez/Carnes brings to the table.

Saying that he was a quiter and that he never gave us 3 years of service, we just kept him is just an asinine statement.