Perlman and Dr. Tom Knew in may when we were going to the big ten

They had discussions in may but I'm not sure where you're getting the "knew in may" part. The Big Ten was having discussions with other institutions at the same time and wasn't planning on making a decision any time soon. The deadline from the Big 12 meetings was the key turning point. On June 4 Delany knew he had to make a quick decision. It was now or never on Nebraska (or Missouri).

Perlman and Osborne had a good personal chemistry with Delany and I think that helped a lot. Nebraska wasn't a slam dunk choice like Penn State and I think if those guys didn't get along so well it might not happen. Nebraska is also fortunate its AAU membership held out for an extra year or it probably doesn't happen either.

Just posted a thread about Pony Excess. Funny little note about the show. In it, they talk about how Arkansas felt out of place in a mostly Texas dominated conference and therefor found it easy to bolt for the SEC.

HMMMM, that sounds familiar. LOL

And the Texas teams continue to blame Arkansas for the dissolution of the SWC. Not that the monumental corruption in that conference had anything to do with it. Nah, couldn't be that.

Just posted a thread about Pony Excess. Funny little note about the show. In it, they talk about how Arkansas felt out of place in a mostly Texas dominated conference and therefor found it easy to bolt for the SEC.

And the Texas teams continue to blame Arkansas for the dissolution of the SWC. Not that the monumental corruption in that conference had anything to do with it. Nah, couldn't be that.

I think it's in the NCAA rules:

1) It's never Texas' fault.

2) If it is Texas' fault, see rule 1.

They had discussions in may but I'm not sure where you're getting the "knew in may" part. The Big Ten was having discussions with other institutions at the same time and wasn't planning on making a decision any time soon. The deadline from the Big 12 meetings was the key turning point. On June 4 Delany knew he had to make a quick decision. It was now or never on Nebraska (or Missouri).

Perlman and Osborne had a good personal chemistry with Delany and I think that helped a lot. Nebraska wasn't a slam dunk choice like Penn State and I think if those guys didn't get along so well it might not happen. Nebraska is also fortunate its AAU membership held out for an extra year or it probably doesn't happen either.

Don't kid yourself. Nebraska was a huge "get" for the Big Ten.

Delany said that nebraska would of gotten in even if it was not a aau member it just would of taken a little longer for the vote

Texas was a part of a conference that dismantled and another that was nearly dismantled. What does that say about them? Of course you could blame Baylor. :sarcasm

I can understand the "no animosity towards Texas" fact. I can believe that Nebraska and Texas shared the same interests for themselves, but that's where the problems would lay. The conference always seemed to give Texas what they wanted. Nebraska didnt leave Texas, Nebraska left the Big 12.

Delany said that nebraska would of gotten in even if it was not a aau member it just would of taken a little longer for the vote

It's possible but unlikely given the time constraints. The Big 12 deadline meant there was no extra time. Without AAU, Nebraska would have needed time to persuade the Big Ten presidents. Even then there was no guarantee. Delany is right, I think given unlimited time the Big Ten presidents could be convinced but it would take some work.

Penn State was a huge get. Penn State added all the same things as Nebraska, plus better academics, bigger TV markets and better recruiting areas. Nebraska is still a good addition but there are drawbacks as well.