More revisionist derp from Barry Tramel on Nebraska leaving the Big XII

The fact that the article was written simply gives us more proof that the Big 12 still isn't over us breaking up with them.

Conversely, the fact that we need to talk about it is proof that we still aren't over them.

Hey, I wasn't the one that started the thread.

There have been a couple of articles written in the past 2-3 weeks that are full of Dan B's and Mr. Dodds quotes that have targeted TO as the reason we're leaving the B12 and how NU was so difficult to deal with. He's read them. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of "our side" of things to come out after the first of July.

• Fire 1

There have been a couple of articles written in the past 2-3 weeks that are full of Dan B's and Mr. Dodds quotes that have targeted TO as the reason we're leaving the B12 and how NU was so difficult to deal with. He's read them. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of "our side" of things to come out after the first of July.

Agreed, though they won't come from Bo or Dr. Tom directly, but assistant ADs/coaches, former players, and (less likely) Harvey the Wonder Chancellor.

---

And Knapplc--you're right about the quantity of derp increasing in the near future. Perhaps you could turn this thread into a 'derp' sticky for folks to link the latest and greatest derp/Big XII revisionist history to (and re-title accordingly)?

How appropirate is it that in the week we are joining a new conference, they are showing class and respect and doing things the right way by welcoming us to a new conference with open arms (Big 10 Network), and the conference we are leaving is taking every cheap shot as us they possibly can, I'm very excited to be done with the Big 12 and Texas's crap...

• Fire 2
How appropirate is it that in the week we are joining a new conference, they are showing class and respect and doing things the right way by welcoming us to a new conference with open arms (Big 10 Network), and the conference we are leaving is taking every cheap shot as us they possibly can, I'm very excited to be done with the Big 12 and Texas's crap...

Amen. They couldn't have illustrated our reasons for leaving any better.

I've got to agree with comments made by knapplc above. I'm sure any of these radio hosts and sports columnist would love to know how much Nebraska fans fret over the ignorant asinine comments they all have about the split of the Big 12. I'm sure Texas and Missouri fans would love to know that all this banter is getting under the skin of so many Husker fans. I unfortunately get stuck listening to a self righteous no-logic radio show host named Kevin Keetzmen (not sure on spelling, nor do I care)........he is a real Husker hater and will bend all facts and logic to make the story follow his personal beliefs. I can't get mad when I hear it though. I laugh at their sourness. I mean, if they are all so happy that we left, then why the hell do they seem so damn mad!? Right? In short, I think we are all better off. Nebraska is a true fit in the B1G. Nebraska fans who haven't accepted that I think no doubt will soon grow to love it in the Big 10. I wish the former conference well. I don't know if things are going to work out very well for the bottom 5 or 6 teams in the Big 12 that will probably find themselves at the bottom of the league every year. Only they can control their own destiny and it is no longer our problem. I hope we meet Texas in the National Championship game in the near future.

Linky link link.

Of note:

Not to pick at scabs, but the Big 12 has been all lovey-dovey since Nebraska left. I know the Cornhuskers tried to paint Texas as the troublemaker in the Big 12 firestorm, and it's always fun to throw stones at the Longhorns.

So it's not a stretch to imagine a stress-free meeting room when Big 12 athletic directors meet. Did you ever lose a cantankerous co-worker? Makes going to work a whole lot more enjoyable.

For years, some Big 12 leaders — Oklahoma State's Mike Holder, Beebe himself — fought for equitable revenue sharing. Holder's mantra was echoed by Baylor's McCaw: “I feel that you're only as strong as your weakest link.”

Sure, it all means more money for Texas. But it means more money for everyone, and the Longhorns always are going to grow money on trees, so why get upset about it? That school that left the Big 12 did get upset about it. The schools that remain did not. And now everyone in the league smiles on their brother.

This is why Barfy of the OWH can go f**k himself about stopping the hate parade on Texas, et al--frankly, if we do stop, then Dodd's minions of Beebe, Tramel, et al will deluge us with so much revisionist derp that people are going to take their account of events as gospel. And since we're a hair's breadth away from living in an idiocracy, any misinformation repeated enough times will be taken as gospel by the lay man--in this case, that Nebraska was a curmudgeon that wanted the other ten whipper-snappers off it's lawn.

Nebraska isn't Texas--Nebraska simply can't buy their way out of bad press (a la their ESPN deal). And since Nebraska did everything for the right reasons, no one within the confines of the state that is a sports journalist should take a powder on this.

Just remember that Brawndo's got electrolytes, and this message is brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Of course the new Big 12 is happy ...... because if Texas is happy the big 12 is happy ........nuff said.

Agreed, though they won't come from Bo or Dr. Tom directly, but assistant ADs/coaches, former players, and (less likely) Harvey the Wonder Chancellor.

---

And Knapplc--you're right about the quantity of derp increasing in the near future. Perhaps you could turn this thread into a 'derp' sticky for folks to link the latest and greatest derp/Big XII revisionist history to (and re-title accordingly)?

I posted this on another board today:

"The tripe that Beebe and now DingleBerry Trammel spew would be hilarious if it were not so insultingly wrong.

TO didn't/doesn't have the authority to make the move to the Big 12, the Board of Regents did. For the good of the University as a whole, and the entire state, this move would have been made regardless of who the AD was. I know that the haters will say that TO runs this University and this state, and that we follow him like a bunch of drones saying "Tom Osborne God, long live TO," but if that were true, why did we not vote him in as the governor when we had our chance? History doesn't lie.

I didn't care whether the Big 12-2 was alive or dead once we left. But now, due to all of the sour grapes and butthurt displayed by our former conference, I hope they shrivel up and die, leaving all of those schools to scramble for a home. texa$$ ruined the SWC, and almost did the same with the Big 12. Again, history doesn't lie."

• Fire 2