--FROSH RB's-- Who has the biggest Impact

Which of the three incoming freshmen backs (Green,Abdullah,Heard) are going to have the most significant impact for our football team this year? I think it is very possible that all three will see the the field plenty, and even more likely that atleast two of the three will have a noticable impact. My money is on Aaron Green having the largest impact (650-700 yards), and with Abdullah providing some season long assistance as well (400 yards or so).

If I had to make a guess, I'd guess:

Heard - least likely to have an impact this year only because he sat out a year. Taking a year off could be detrimental.

Green - Played very well in a very tough high school division. Solid chops, and solid potential.

Abdullah - Again played well in a very tough high school division. Probably equal chance of impact with Green.

That's a really flimsy answer, but there's not much else to go on.

EDIT - forgot to mention that I think at least one of these guys will Redshirt this year. There's not much reason to have all three play when we have Rex, any two of these guys, and Curenski Gilleylen and Ty Kildow, both of whom performed OK in the Spring Game.

I am going with Heard. I dont think being out a year is going to affect him that much. He has had the extra year to mature physically, plus he put forth alot of effort to just make it to school. If he has that kind of determination it can only be a positive sign for his work ethic.

Heard - least likely to have an impact this year only because he sat out a year. Taking a year off could be detrimental.

Green - Played very well in a very tough high school division. Solid chops, and solid potential.

Abdullah - Again played well in a very tough high school division. Probably equal chance of impact with Green.

EDIT - forgot to mention that I think at least one of these guys will Redshirt this year. There's not much reason to have all three play when we have Rex, any two of these guys, and Curenski Gilleylen and Ty Kildow, both of whom performed OK in the Spring Game.

I'd agree with Knapp on this one in that we really have no basis to discern who may or may not contribute early when none of them have seen the field yet to be assessed.

I'll go one step beyond Knapp in this... he stated that one of the three would likely redshirt --- I'll venture the guess that it may be slightly more probable that 2 of the 3 redshirt. Why use them when Rex and one of the three are there alongside Kildow & Gilliyan? And we also have Jones --- a solid backup. And we also have the Marrow kid --- I think he is able to play this season (is that correct? or is his transfer such that we cannot play him this year?). If Marrow is available --- we have the big pounding guy and that further hedges toward redshirting 2 of the 3 from this class.

Another variable re: redshirting these guys are the needs on the special teams --- perhaps what might pull a 'shirt from one of them is the need for their services on special teams -- not so much at RB. Another issue, of course...if an injury crops up... then a second of the trio would likely lose their 'shirt and play. Is there the potential that one of these guys moves to WR (as we lack athleticism at this position,,, though Jamal Turner helps)? Who knows? It is all guess work at this point.

In any event... in the spirit of developing the talent, if at all possible... redshirt as many as you can.

It would no doubt make some sense to redshirt one, but I don't think any of them will. With the lack of depth at the position I would think the coaches would want to find out which could help most, and a real game atmosphere would be the best way to make that call....

Curenski Gilleylen and Ty Kildow, both of whom performed OK in the Spring Game.

I was extremely impressed with Ty Kildow the most but Zach Taylor did very well too at the spring game. Ty Kildow was very quick at bouncing his runs to the outside but overall he was very impressive and very quick.