Official HB Good Beer Thread

Looking forward to trying this on Friday. The taphouse a few blocks from my son's house is pouring these beers on a special barrel aged tap takeover day. I may have to sleep on his couch.

2013 (ORIGINAL!) Three Brothers Resolute

2013 Three Brothers Rum Dubbel

Old Hill Cidermaker

Allagash Curieux

New Holland Dragon’s Milk

Blue Mountain Dark Hollow w/ Guatamelan Chocolate

Three Notch’d Imperial Oats McGoats

Hardywood Bourbon Barrel Barleywine

2013 Goose Island Bourbon County

Weyerbacher Heresy

Alewerks Bourbon Barrel Porter

Avery PumpKYn

Epic Brainless on Raspberries

2013 Founders Backwoods Bastard

Hardywood Bourbon Barrel DIPA

Three Brothers Atramentous

Firestone Walker Sucaba

Heavy Seas Siren Noire

Lickinghole Creek Tequila Tripel

Potter's Oak Barrel Reserve Cider

Chances are good I'd have to be taken from that event in an ambulance. :wasted

Looking forward to trying this on Friday. The taphouse a few blocks from my son's house is pouring these beers on a special barrel aged tap takeover day. I may have to sleep on his couch.

2013 (ORIGINAL!) Three Brothers Resolute

2013 Three Brothers Rum Dubbel

Old Hill Cidermaker

Allagash Curieux

New Holland Dragon’s Milk

Blue Mountain Dark Hollow w/ Guatamelan Chocolate

Three Notch’d Imperial Oats McGoats

Hardywood Bourbon Barrel Barleywine

2013 Goose Island Bourbon County

Weyerbacher Heresy

Alewerks Bourbon Barrel Porter

Avery PumpKYn

Epic Brainless on Raspberries

2013 Founders Backwoods Bastard

Hardywood Bourbon Barrel DIPA

Three Brothers Atramentous

Firestone Walker Sucaba

Heavy Seas Siren Noire

Lickinghole Creek Tequila Tripel

Potter's Oak Barrel Reserve Cider

Chances are good I'd have to be taken from that event in an ambulance. :wasted

Yeah, that Backwoods Bastard was as good as advertised,probably my favorite of all of them. The Resolute was really good too. My memory of last night gets a bit fuzzy but we tried at least half of these. And walked home afterward.

Yeah, that Backwoods Bastard was as good as advertised,probably my favorite of all of them. The Resolute was really good too. My memory of last night gets a bit fuzzy but we tried at least half of these. And walked home afterward.

my buddy had a backwoods bastard to give me, but someone took it. he did give me a founders breakfast stout that i am enjoying right now. shockingly thick, but so delicious.

in kc we watched the game at a bar that had schlafly coffee stout. by far my favorite thing i put in my mouth all weekend. a top beer right there. i was also able to pick up some old chub i will probably be sampling later in the week.

• 3 weeks later...

had some sierra nevada celebration that i liked a lot. and some breckenridge christmas ale that was good. they were both easy to drink and pretty delicious.

now i am have a backwoods bastard. good god. that is strong. but good. i feel like it is a bit of an acquired taste. but it does have a strong scotch taste with a stout finish. imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some North Coast Puck. Not too shabby.

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION:

First brewed to celebrate our 25th anniversary, the beer now known as PUCK, a petite saison of just over 4% ABV, won a place in our hearts and in our year-round portfolio of beers. Brewed with premium Pils and wheat malts and fermented with the same yeast strain used to make our renowned Saison, Le Merle, Puck is sharp and spritzy with a delicious flowery, spicy dry-hop aroma—the perfect accompaniment to any celebration, big or small.

Picked up some North Coast Puck. Not too shabby.

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION:

First brewed to celebrate our 25th anniversary, the beer now known as PUCK, a petite saison of just over 4% ABV, won a place in our hearts and in our year-round portfolio of beers. Brewed with premium Pils and wheat malts and fermented with the same yeast strain used to make our renowned Saison, Le Merle, Puck is sharp and spritzy with a delicious flowery, spicy dry-hop aroma—the perfect accompaniment to any celebration, big or small.

This I will have to try. Love the saison.