Obsessed?

Thing is, that obsession seems to go both ways with a few Husker fans. We've just joined a conference that already has three of the top seven all-time winningest football teams, yet I see five times more threads about Iowa than about Ohio State, Michigan and/or Penn State combined.

There's a small section of Husker fans, notably those who live either in Iowa itself or along the Nebraska/Iowa border, for whom hating on Iowa is an obsession. For the most part, those of us who live outside those areas don't care. All this focus on Iowa is mind-boggling, especially when we're in a division with Michigan. And yet nobody wants to talk about Michigan.

Because we've listened to years of "smack" from Iowa. It's an Obsession that stems from wanting to pound their program into the ground like the missouri/iowa state/kansas/kansas state/colorado we know they really are.

I presume you live in or near Iowa, right? Because I live just 50 miles away from Iowa here in Lincoln, and I never, ever hear anything about Iowa football. Ever.

Omaha... not a ton of hawk fans but the ones I've met seem like type of people that show up here game week to tell us how bad Nebraska is going to get beat. Of course that could be a symptom of pretty much only meeting them in bars.

For those that do live in the state (me included)is the fact that Iowa fans will boast about how great they "have" been the last 10 years compared to NU. I still wonder how they always come to that conclusion when they DIDN'T EVEN PLAY EACH OTHER!!!!!!

But lets see- 2000-2009

Iowa 80-45

NU- 84-44

I'd say looks pretty close to me, but Iowa fans will still claim that they were better during this time.

You guys should be flattered, Nebraska football is what Iowa football wants to be. That's why some compare the two schools, they are right next door and haven't played a whole ton so there is not much to base any arguments on. I have to admit Nebraska is intimidating and could slow our rise to the top of the big ten. The Legends division will go through Lincoln, Iowa City and Ann Arbor from here on out.

Holvy usually when you compare a ten year span you would go from 2001-2010 by the way.

P.S. If you want an Iowa board without the Nebraska threads try Hawkeyenation.com instead of the rivals site, the rivals site has just gotten ridiculous.

You guys should be flattered, Nebraska football is what Iowa football wants to be. That's why some compare the two schools, they are right next door and haven't played a whole ton so there is not much to base any arguments on. I have to admit Nebraska is intimidating and could slow our rise to the top of the big ten. The Legends division will go through Lincoln, Iowa City and Ann Arbor from here on out.

Holvy usually when you compare a ten year span you would go from 2001-2010 by the way.

P.S. If you want an Iowa board without the Nebraska threads try Hawkeyenation.com instead of the rivals site, the rivals site has just gotten ridiculous.

Even they have 4 threads on their first page.

Edit: Make that 5

lol, I had to check it out and it was entertaining. One was that Nebraska is a bunch of idiots because they didn't wear suits during Big Ten media days.

I'm just going to quote one of the others, even though I feel like I shouldn't. It's a fun read though:

They have 14 returning starters from a teamt that finnished very week at the end of last year. There returning QB is not very good and that is being nice and to make it worse he has no back up so if he goes down or at least plays as bad as he did last year they have no one on the binch to go to.

I'm never going to make fun of gramerz on huskerbeard again.

When any team has recent success the attitude of the fanbase instantly becomes "what have you done for me lately?" In the last 3 years, Iowa has beat an SEC team in a bowl game and won the Orange Bowl, as well as having some high draft picks. 2 first rounders I believe. But even in the "what have you done for me lately" sense they only have the orange bowl win on us.

ok add a year and it is still pretty close, big whoop...

lol, I had to check it out and it was entertaining. One was that Nebraska is a bunch of idiots because they didn't wear suits during Big Ten media days.

I'm just going to quote one of the others, even though I feel like I shouldn't. It's a fun read though:

They have 14 returning starters from a teamt that finnished very week at the end of last year. There returning QB is not very good and that is being nice and to make it worse he has no back up so if he goes down or at least plays as bad as he did last year they have no one on the binch to go to.

I'm never going to make fun of gramerz on huskerbeard again.

That guy is a moron because Bo Pelini and Burkhead that I know of were wearing suits during media days

Thing is, that obsession seems to go both ways with a few Husker fans. We've just joined a conference that already has three of the top seven all-time winningest football teams, yet I see five times more threads about Iowa than about Ohio State, Michigan and/or Penn State combined.

There's a small section of Husker fans, notably those who live either in Iowa itself or along the Nebraska/Iowa border, for whom hating on Iowa is an obsession. For the most part, those of us who live outside those areas don't care. All this focus on Iowa is mind-boggling, especially when we're in a division with Michigan. And yet nobody wants to talk about Michigan.

My thing with Iowa is their fans. I live on the Nebraska/Iowa border and they talk so much smack like Iowa is so much better than Nebraska like their football program is light years ahead of Nebraska. They rub in a Husker loss and it's always like "How bout them Huskers" as they're laughing. I don't talk about or even think about Iowa but I can't say the same thing about Iowa fans. I don't talk to Iowa fans or even bring up a Iowa loss but once Nebraska losses I'm the first person to hear about it. All throughout the season and offseason I hear nothing but trash talk about Nebraska from my Iowa friends and coworkers and it's mind boggling because they haven't beat us since 1982 and they have nothing to backup their smack talk.

It's like a kid (Nebraska fan) getting bullied and picked on (Iowa fan talking smack and rubbing in a Husker loss) that the kid gets sick of being bullied that he retaliates and beats up the bully (Nebraska fan provided facts to Iowa fan on why they shouldn't be talking smack and how much better Nebraska is)

• Fire 2

Alright, bitches, I'll bite, wanna play? Lets see aaahh you all come from a weaker conf., your qb, just plain has no experience. You always ran CB's for LB's and......

Seriously are you all really trolling for a troll??? Come on most B10 fans know alot about each other. If you all cant get down with that, I guess I have been in the wrong place, all this time. If you want to talk Iowa football, do that. Otherwise you are doing nothing, but injecting that "Nebraska spirit", into an other wise, STUPID THREAD. So lighten up, be part of the conf, and enjoy. If you are so much of a rabid fan that you cant look around, well then I have to wonder how you are able to type a post.