2010 Big XII Title Game

That game was a perfect example of the limitations of Shawn Watson as a playcaller. Had he done against OU what we did in the 2nd half against Missouri we win the Big 12 title. But Watson had Martinez available (barely) so of course he had to get cute.

Conversely I wholly believe that had Martinez at any point after being injured against Missouri been able to go back in that game, Watson would have blown the game against Missouri as well.

• Fire 1

Cannot and will not watch that game again. Between Helu's fumble and Taylor's INT in the end zone, I may end up having a coronary if I had to watch it again.

I know Taylor wanted to play, and Bo trusted him enough to let him play, but that kid had no business being out there with his ankle problems. He definitely had no business coming out of the half with the team after we saw how much he could give us on that bad leg.

Cannot and will not watch that game again. Between Helu's fumble and Taylor's INT in the end zone, I may end up having a coronary if I had to watch it again.

I know Taylor wanted to play, and Bo trusted him enough to let him play, but that kid had no business being out there with his ankle problems. He definitely had no business coming out of the half with the team after we saw how much he could give us on that bad leg.

I think the above sums up my thoughts.

I got kicked out of the Old Mattress Factory this night as I was texting Aspeedlin. I was not totally intoxicated at that moment, but I was yelling at the TV that Martinez should have picked his favorite guy in the stands to throw that ball to, we kick the field goal, they have no momentum at this point and we are up something like 20-0. Some OU Dbags started yelling at me and my friends at the bar. This got me a little ruffled. I told them to hop back in bed with Texas. I got patted on the back by this douche bag that didnt deserve to wear the Rozier jersey he was wearing. He said "You need to stop!" I was yelling "good job SENIOR!" when Roy fumbled and they proceeded to put points on the board and the OU fans were still hurling choice words at us. I patted the waitor that patted me on the back and I told him if he was going to harass me that he better do the same to them. I went back to my seat, he followed me to my seat and starting talking smack. I told him I was done with the conversation. He asked me if I was done four times in which I responded "yes" to three times. The fourth time I told him to leave me alone in a stern mannor. That is when I was asked to leave by this moron waitor. I told the manager that this idiot had harassed me and he begun to apologize. I still left.

In other words, not at all a good night. The Old Mattress Factory doesn't know true Husker Football.

I think the above sums up my thoughts.

I got kicked out of the Old Mattress Factory this night as I was texting Aspeedlin. I was not totally intoxicated at that moment, but I was yelling at the TV that Martinez should have picked his favorite guy in the stands to throw that ball to, we kick the field goal, they have no momentum at this point and we are up something like 20-0. Some OU Dbags started yelling at me and my friends at the bar. This got me a little ruffled. I told them to hop back in bed with Texas. I got patted on the back by this douche bag that didnt deserve to wear the Rozier jersey he was wearing. He said "You need to stop!" I was yelling "good job SENIOR!" when Roy fumbled and they proceeded to put points on the board and the OU fans were still hurling choice words at us. I patted the waitor that patted me on the back and I told him if he was going to harass me that he better do the same to them. I went back to my seat, he followed me to my seat and starting talking smack. I told him I was done with the conversation. He asked me if I was done four times in which I responded "yes" to three times. The fourth time I told him to leave me alone in a stern mannor. That is when I was asked to leave by this moron waitor. I told the manager that this idiot had harassed me and he begun to apologize. I still left.

In other words, not at all a good night. The Old Mattress Factory doesn't know true Husker Football.

you_still_mad.jpg

THe tale of two halves.

17-0 at half. What a perfect prodigy of Callahan; started with a good game plan and then failed to adjust when the opposing team figured it out. We were some what lucky in the Missouri and Okla State games, IMO. We were just able to hang on after building a big lead.