Need Your Help

Hi,

I had an interesting discussion at lunch today with a friend. She is from Oklahoma and we were discussing how OU is ranked #1 this year, etc. She said that she hopes that NU beats the crap out of Ohio State. I told her that I hope OU beats the crap out of Texas. She said, 'Why?' I said, 'Because I HATE Texas!' and she said, 'Why do you hate Texas?' AND SHE WAS SERIOUS!!!

I sat there dumbfounded for a minute and said, 'Well, first of all, they destroyed the Big 12.' She asked, 'How did they do that?'

I told her that they didn't agree with spreading the 'wealth' across all of the teams, but my mind just went blank.

Would someone please list the reasons that NU hates Texas. Please include the oppositions that Osborne had. If they are already listed somewhere else on this board, please direct me to those posts and I won't waste your time with this. It just blew me away that someone from OU-Big 12 former Big 8 didn't know why Nebraska would hate Texas!!

Thanks!

-ladyhawke

Its funny that you only hate Texas because other fans hate Texas. If you personally can't figure out why YOU would hate Texas then you probably don't really hate them.

Reasons I Hate Texas:

1. Burnt Orange is a pathetic excuse for a color.

2. I think 1 reason is plenty to hate Texas.

• Fire 2

Because they always beat us, no matter how good we play, they always win.

That's what they want people to think, but we had that with OU long before UT came along.

My personal hatred comes from the egos & arrogance coming out of pretty much the whole the state, which has really nothing to do with football. And, if someone calls them out on it, the rebuttal is, "you're just jealous of us". (*rolling eyes every time I see that stated*)

• Fire 4

1 -They had no home when the SWC broke up and the B8 took them in under the condition they would accept our rules as written and modify their school. In the first meeting they lobbied for and had the admissions standards and player eligibility rules changed that favored their recruiting style and base. They lobbied the split of the B12 be north and south preserving their rivalries with A&M and OU but killing NU vs OU. And voted against the idea trying to preserve rivalries.

2- They continually fought to have the B12 offices be in Texas, as well as the football championship game which they got.

3- They continually chastised Nebraska for talking to the B10 and demanded we show loyalty to the B12 all the while they had been in talks with the B10, SEC, and P10. The latter two at the exact time they were demanding we show our commitment to the B12. Lets also not forget NU was willing to give the league media rights and agree to a long term commitment if Texas would. Texas wouldn't even agree to a commitment to the league after 5 years.

4- They make baby Jesus cry.

• Fire 1

That's what they want people to think, but we had that with OU long before UT came along.

My personal hatred comes from the egos & arrogance coming out of pretty much the whole the state, which has really nothing to do with football. And, if someone calls them out on it, the rebuttal is, "you're just jealous of us". (*rolling eyes every time I see that stated*)

This right here. Although a lot of KU, KSU, ISU, MU, CU fans will say the same thing about us...

It just gets old listening to how great texas (the state and everything that comes out of it) is.

This right here. Although a lot of KU, KSU, ISU, MU, CU fans will say the same thing about us...

It just gets old listening to how great texas (the state and everything that comes out of it) is.

True a lot of states has an ego and some arrogance to a point. Some are based around sports and population. Others are more based around culture and environment. But out of every state i've lived in and people from other states that i've met while in the military. Texas residents by far are the worse, even seen many texans wearing a shirt that says F*ck Yall I'm from Texas. To me that says a lot about how the mentality is in that state.

Here is an example of why people hate Texas -

A couple of weeks ago when the "Texas A&M to the SEC" talk was rampant, Texas announced they had come up with several replacement candidates if in fact A&M left the conference. And when Texas told the media, they did not say anything about a collaborative effort with other Big 12 universities, they simply said that they had put together a list of candidates.

Now this is in no way shape or form saying Texas did not collaborate with other universities, but the fact that they said "we" and made no mention of other universities (and the fact that they said it instead of a Big 12 rep) just puts more layers on the cake of hate.

Cause they gave us this genius.

George-W.-Bush-1.jpg

Then with that logic I really cannot stand Hawaii...

57 states...Marine CorPs...giving an Ipod to the Queen of England...making a joke about competitors in the special olympics (bowling)...making a reference to "Austrian" being a language...doubling our national debt in his first 2 1/2 years in office...the list goes on and on...