Tmart said a dumb thing

WYHusk

I don't think it's an issue of misspeaking. You think the goal of the team is not to win every game?

The people saying this mean this part: "If we accomplish the national championship, everything else will fall into place."

It's strange wording, imo, but the intent is what matters. I'm going to start posting topics every time someone says a "dumb thing," and maybe 1 out of 100 of our topics will be about football.

Ummmm, you know he means that if you win the NC that is probably means you won the big ten. There goal is to win it all.

People love to gripe about things.

Some of you remind me of kids in class, you can say a million things correct then mess up on one thing and BAM, they lose it.

Stop hating

• Fire 1

You know Bo said the exact same thing, right? Talk about looking for things to gripe about. :facepalm:

Bo said that after he won the natl title, everything else would fall in place?

Where have you been these past three years? All Bo talks about is winning championships. This is the culture he's building in this program, the thought that we should EXPECT to win national championships, to excel, to compete. That is what he's teaching these kids.

These guys know from the moment our coaches enter their homes on a recruiting trip that the only reason we're recruiting them is because we're about winning. Not nine games a year, not ten games a year, but every game, every year.

I cannot fathom how you can have a problem with Martinez stating that we're here to win the national championship. What would you rather have him say, that he hopes we break .500? That he hopes we eke our way into a bowl game? What kind of culture would we be building here if we felt that way?

i don't think anyone would disagree with you on this point Knap, it just sounded a little strange, that's all.

QB's are suppose to be cocky and expect to win. I liked hearing that a few people today, said, "Taylor is a much better passer". We all know he can run, if his passing has improved, NU will be much better. If he butchers a few lines, no big deal. "Were talking about a press conference"

"a press conference"

What else would they say? Maybe he has or maybe he hasn't but this is what every player/coach on our team says. Press conferences are so repetitive and that's why I don't care for them. Just like knapplc said, BK has said playing fast like 10 times already. If they asked Jared Crick how RK3 is doing, I guarantee you he'd say, "he's progressing. Geting better every day. He has impressed me so far this camp." If I played on the team he say, "he's progressing. Getting better every day. He has impressed me so far this camp" and I could be the worst player on the team. This is not bashing Martinez, bc maybe he has gotten better at passing, this post is merely stating take press conferences with a grain of salt. I guess we find out Sat. if he's improved his passing.

Okay, I like Tmart and all but this is a stupid thing to say on many levels:

"I think as a team right now we're not really striving for a Big Ten championship, we're striving for a national championship," Martinez said. "If we accomplish the national championship, everything else will fall into place."

Besides the locker room fodder and the setting of ridiculously high expectations, I want to know - what else can possibly fall in place, AFTER you win the natl title? That doesn't even make sense. Like, he will find himself fulfilled as a human being, or what?

I guess how you come down on this depends on how big a Kool-Aid drinker you are. After last year, I am going to refrain from imbibing. The last couple seasons have cost me too many years of my life.

This is no big deal, I get what he met but I also think part of this was just spot like mis-speak. If we win a NC everything else falls into place ..... No Kidding. I think he did it on purpose because he wants to be VP on the US some day so he wanted to show he could say silly things with the best of 'em.

"I think as a team right now we're not really striving for a Big Ten championship, we're striving for a national championship," Martinez said. "If we accomplish the national championship, everything else will fall into place."

Besides the locker room fodder and the setting of ridiculously high expectations, I want to know - what else can possibly fall in place, AFTER you win the natl title? That doesn't even make sense. Like, he will find himself fulfilled as a human being, or what?

I guess how you come down on this depends on how big a Kool-Aid drinker you are. After last year, I am going to refrain from imbibing. The last couple seasons have cost me too many years of my life.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

This x1000