UNLV vs Wisconsin

I've said before that we'll send the drunks home early on Oct 1. We play very well in hostile environments, and these guys won't match up with us at all. The brothers Pelini can game plan for this offense in their sleep, and we're far faster on both sides of the ball. Scores will not come easy for them against our D, and their D has issues (to put it mildly). There will be all kinds of pics of a stunned student section during that game. Wisconsin is reminiscent of some of our old teams that were big, strong, and slow--and we know what happened to them when they met speed teams. I'm glad that some people are finally getting a chance to watch Wisconsin and see that they're not nearly as intimidating as they're being made out to be. I think that we'll go up big early on them, and then Wilson will have to beat us with his arm--and that will play right into the strength of our D. Game over.

Remember guys this is Wisconsins first game so there's going to be some rust on the players so I wouldnt be counting a win with Wisconsin already. Sure they're playing UNLV but we're playing Tennessee of Chattanooga and we haven't even seen how are guys have performed yet. Plus UNLV is a better football team than Chattanooga but then again our defense is 100x better than UNLV.

Let us play some more games as well as Wisconsin to get more of an understanding on what both teams have proved on what they can and can not do on the field.

What I can tell right now is that Russel Wilson is a damn good QB and we'll have to be on our A game come Oct 1st cause he is a treat with his arm and legs but then again we have played very well against QB's who have been hyped up (Blaine Gabbert, Tyrod Taylor, Jake Locker, Landry Jones, Colt McCoy, ect)

Remember guys this is Wisconsins first game so there's going to be some rust on the players so I wouldnt be counting a win with Wisconsin already. Sure they're playing UNLV but we're playing Tennessee of Chattanooga and we haven't even seen how are guys have performed yet. Plus UNLV is a better football team than Chattanooga but then again our defense is 100x better than UNLV.

Let us play some more games as well as Wisconsin to get more of an understanding on what both teams have proved on what they can and can not do on the field.

What I can tell right now is that Russel Wilson is a damn good QB and we'll have to be on our A game come Oct 1st cause he is a treat with his arm and legs but then again we have played very well against QB's who have been hyped up (Blaine Gabbert, Tyrod Taylor, Jake Locker, Landry Jones, Colt McCoy, ect)

I was right there with you until you listed those guys. All but one of them had a win against Nebraska last year (or the year before).

This.

First impressions are that their offense is the same as it has been the last few years running the ball(not a surprise). Wilson does have some wheels.

Their D is shaky right now but they are breaking in a new DC. We will see.

I do see us having an advantage with speed on the edge.

All that said, we still don't know what we look like on offense.

I was right there with you until you listed those guys. All but one of them had a win against Nebraska last year (or the year before).

Those games would have turned out differently if we had a solid offense. Hoping we see one this year finally.

If you're talking about Locker do you really blame our players for performing poorly against a team you already crushed months ago and thinking that you should've played against somebody else? Seriously the blackshirts have played against top QB's in the nation and made them look like high school QB's playing in the collegiate league. Sure Tyrod Taylor, Colt McCoy, and Jake Locker have beat us but they didn't play their best against the blackshirts and lost awards or even hurt that player when it came to the NFL draft.

Time will tell and I hope our players come with their A game come the Wisconsin game!

Also, Wisconsin has a lot of empty seats in the endzones. WTF?

Were the empty seats where the band would be and they just not got back to their seats yet? When I watched the stadium looked packed to me.

Anyway, UNLV was horrible and Wisc had their way with them offensively.

Anybody noticed that the officials are the same ones who officiated the NEB/A&M game from last year and I believe they did the Texas and ISU games too.

Did they get fired from the Big 12 and are now B1G officials?

If it is the same crew then they work for the conference UNLV is in (or freelance). Visiting team in non-con games typically brings in their officials I believe.

Anybody noticed that the officials are the same ones who officiated the NEB/A&M game from last year and I believe they did the Texas and ISU games too.

Did they get fired from the Big 12 and are now B1G officials?

If it is the same crew then they work for the conference UNLV is in (or freelance). Visiting team in non-con games typically brings in their officials I believe.

Another thread on the football board is talking about this. Here's what I suspect:

The WAC, MWC, and B12 teamed up to share referees (link about in the middle of the answer). I suspect UNLV, as the visiting team, was supplying the referees for the games, and used one of the "mixed" crews which Burks was on.