Kenny Bell to start against Washington

Kinnie has caught 44 passes. Kenny has caught what, one? And based on that, he has the best hands on the team?

I wonder what fan reaction will be the first time an off-target ball gets thrown at Kenny in tight coverage and he doesn't come up with it.

And has what......10 drops? 12? More?

I'm with the coaches on this one.

Kinnie has caught 44 passes. Kenny has caught what, one? And based on that, he has the best hands on the team?

I wonder what fan reaction will be the first time an off-target ball gets thrown at Kenny in tight coverage and he doesn't come up with it.

If it hits your hands the ball is on target and should be caught. I know that is a stretch and a rather vague and lofty expectation, but that is the mentality we need to have.

If BK is hurt even a little––sorry dude, heal, start catching balls that hit you in the hands, and he'll be back out there in no time. How many drops has BK had over two games? A half a dozen? More? Taylor isn't a great thrower, but Kinnie has made a few inexcusable mistakes himself. And we should applaud the coaches for doing what the previous ones never did––fixing it.

Caught a radio interview with him yesterday. Seems like a good dude. Best of luck to him.

I know we had alot of drops against Texas last yer but DID Kinnie not drop a WIDE OPEN pass against them.. And dont get me wrong Kinnie was my fav WR last year.

That isn't saying much. Niles couldn't catch a cold and McNiel was non-existant.

Now I'm just waiting to hear that Turner is a starter. I would hope that won't be too long of a wait.

Turner seems to me like he is going to be more dangerous in the slot than if he were in one of the outside positions. Forces the opposing D to maybe bring some safety help and if they do that, well, then you have Enunwa and Bell who can both make some great plays. I think our WR corps this year has the potential to be extremely dangerous for opposing teams Ds. And if that is the case, then our running game is going to benefit extremely well. This season has potential, but it'll all start up front. If Taylor has time to throw, then we could see a nice beat down of Washington. If he doesn't, this game is going to turn out a lot closer than Vegas has predicted it.

Bell is not going to be "taking" Kinnie's spot. I just read a coach saying earlier this week that he knows Kinnie is a good player and they can't afford to not have him on the field with his leadership.

Does that mean he'll start? I don't know. Depends on how he practiced this week. Even if he doesn't start, it's highly improbably he isn't on the field Saturday. Highly.

That isn't saying much. Niles couldn't catch a cold and McNiel was non-existant.

Now I'm just waiting to hear that Turner is a starter. I would hope that won't be too long of a wait.

If I'm not mistaken, and I can be corrected if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing last year that McNeil was often one of Martinez' last go-to options, and was very rarely if ever one of his first reads. Therefore, when Martinez didn't see his first read or two open, the idea to scramble started to come to fruition. Even if McNeil was open, Martinez didn't waste the time to find out.

So, what this means to me is that McNeil didn't have anybody who could get him the ball. If you remember back to the early days in McNeil's career, he was catching balls left and right. But we also had a far better passers in Ganz at the time.

Turner seems to me like he is going to be more dangerous in the slot than if he were in one of the outside positions. Forces the opposing D to maybe bring some safety help and if they do that, well, then you have Enunwa and Bell who can both make some great plays. I think our WR corps this year has the potential to be extremely dangerous for opposing teams Ds. And if that is the case, then our running game is going to benefit extremely well. This season has potential, but it'll all start up front. If Taylor has time to throw, then we could see a nice beat down of Washington. If he doesn't, this game is going to turn out a lot closer than Vegas has predicted it.

Turner >>> Marlowe in all aspects except blocking.

Turner is slight and only a freshman. I can foresee him having issues blocking on the edge until he gets some more time in the weight room. This may be the only reason that Marlowe is getting substantial playing time over Jamal. I know Gilmore is gone and we're supposed to be over the "you don't block, you don't play" mentality at WR, but since we are a run first team, it is still vital that our WRs block well.

I still think its only a matter of time until we see a lot more of Jamal and a lot less of Marlowe.

:moreinteresting Does anyone have Kenny Bell’s lame tweet about how 2004 USC would have killed the 1995 Huskers? :moreinteresting

How does this have anything to do w/ the thread topic or conversation about the receiving corp, in general?

This just seems like some statement to invite reaction...or trolling if it was a fan of another team. :dunno

• Fire 1

I've got a lot of hope for the young receivers we've got. I just hope Martinez can develop as a passer and get them the ball. So far he's developed a decent deep ball, which is good with our speed at receiver and our running game, but if TM can execute the the short to medium outside passing game, then watch out!! I'm very encouraged that our QB, WR's, and OL are young and developing and learning together in the new offense. Not sure what'll happen this season, but our offense could be really, really dangerous next year.