First half kick catch interference

JTrain

Discuss. Did #18 brush Marlowe and they just called the penalty on the wrong guy (Dennison)? Or was it just a horrible call (as the TV announcers seemed to suggest)?

I'm not so interested in the second half one against Rex, because that seemed to be clearly a bad call, and also not as monumental in terms of possibly swinging the outcome.

Horrible call.

That was my initial thought. Dennison certainly didn't do anything wrong. But potentially they just got the number wrong... after seeing it a few more times, it looked like #18 (I think) may have brushed him or at least impeded his path to the ball, which could be interpreted as kick catch interference by the way it's currently worded.

I've always thought they needed to bring back the halo rule. Guys just get too close without it. At least with the halo rule an interference call was obviousl, and a halo infraction-which was questionable a lot of the time- was only a 5 yarder. What we saw today was simply a difference of one set of officials' interpretation opposed to what Washington is probably used to dealing with.

Actually number 18's arm brushed up against Marlowe. Look closely and you will see it.

I've rewatched this on DVR, and there is absolutely no way you can say #18 touched him.

I'm not afraid to admit we benefited from calls today. That was one of them. I just don't want to be like aTm and have fans acting like there was nothing wrong with calls in a game.

Be pissed all you want. When you lose by 14 points, in a game that was not as close as the score, and after that call you go to halftime down only 3 but somehow crap your pants the entire 3rd qtr, those calls are not to blame. A penalty to truly blame? Hows bout a phantom roughing passer call on 3rd and long with 4 minutes to go in a tie game to put the off in game winning field goal range. That is a game changing call. Nebraska was going to win this game by 2-4 touchdowns- P E R I O D

My only guess is that they called someone for impeeding his path towards the football, which I can somewhat see. That was a Big Ten crew, if we have to get used to this I will be angry. They don't call holding along the OLine at all. Crick and Meredith got held every single play and at times it was very obvious.