First half kick catch interference

JTrain

Actually number 18's arm brushed up against Marlowe. Look closely and you will see it.

I've rewatched this on DVR, and there is absolutely no way you can say #18 touched him.

I'm not afraid to admit we benefited from calls today. That was one of them. I just don't want to be like aTm and have fans acting like there was nothing wrong with calls in a game.

You can, Watch the reverse angle they show after the half.

My only guess is that they called someone for impeeding his path towards the football, which I can somewhat see. That was a Big Ten crew, if we have to get used to this I will be angry. They don't call holding along the OLine at all. Crick and Meredith got held every single play and at times it was very obvious.

The holding was downright ridiculous today.

The interference call was horrible. Had that happened to us, we'd be up in arms. You can't go back and revise the score and determine how it would've played out, but you have to admit that the call really changed the momentum of the game.

stupid play by marlow..... he needed to already be under that or needs to get away.....

I was really disappointed with how sloppy we looked..... I know its still early but that needs to be cleaned up

This was his problem though...he looked like he was trying to move through the traffic to the ball. Just run while looking up. If you get blasted it's a penalty. If you get bumped it's a penalty.

It was a game changer. Maybe as much as 10 points

I was going to argue that, but yeah, they get the ball at the 26 late in the half, they may score a TD and burn the clock so that we don't get our end of the half FG, and they are up by 7 rather than down by 3. It was a game changer, but you can't let one bad call beat you. They laid an egg in the 3rd quarter and that's all on them, or to our credit, or both.

My only guess is that they called someone for impeeding his path towards the football, which I can somewhat see. That was a Big Ten crew, if we have to get used to this I will be angry. They don't call holding along the OLine at all. Crick and Meredith got held every single play and at times it was very obvious.

The holding was downright ridiculous today.

The interference call was horrible. Had that happened to us, we'd be up in arms. You can't go back and revise the score and determine how it would've played out, but you have to admit that the call really changed the momentum of the game.

Ya I can understand husky-fans complaining about the interference calls but our D-line was getting mugged again. I thought we'd seen the end of that when we left the 12.

stupid play by marlow..... he needed to already be under that or needs to get away.....

I was really disappointed with how sloppy we looked..... I know its still early but that needs to be cleaned up

This was his problem though...he looked like he was trying to move through the traffic to the ball. Just run while looking up. If you get blasted it's a penalty. If you get bumped it's a penalty.

yeah our punt return game almost COST us the game.

Where Santino Panico when you need him?

That's a Washington touchdown off the board. It was huge and a horrible call. I was yelling at the ref through my TV, and the gaffe benefited my team. Awful.

You can't advance muffs, I believe, so not quite a TD off the board.

I think you're right. Ball must be fumbled, not muffed, for it to be advanced. Either way, huge play and horrible cal IMO

It really appears to me that the ball hit the UW players foot first. If that's the case, the refs blew the call technically but the net result did not hurt UW. When Rex got drilled it might have been a bad call but very subject to interpretation at game speed. The pooch kick call was the right call.

It really appears to me that the ball hit the UW players foot first. If that's the case, the refs blew the call technically but the net result did not hurt UW. When Rex got drilled it might have been a bad call but very subject to interpretation at game speed. The pooch kick call was the right call.

I always thought you had to wave for a fair catch and if you didn't you were fair game. Is this not the rule? Or did he wave for a fair catch?

all three kick catch calls were correct

the first kid (18) touched marlowe's arm before the ball got there

the second kid hit burkhead simultaneously as the ball arrived, and should have had another 15yd tacked on and been ejected for helmet to helmet. burkie did not fumble.

the third one blatchford signaled for fc and was blatantly interfered with. (we got the ball anyway,and it was only 5 yards sheesh)

Meanwhile Uw gets away with hitting TM while he's on the ground after sliding and hitting marlowe after he had taken a knee on the kick return