Best offense we have seen or will see all year...

n.e.husker

You might be right about Polk and Ball, I'll concede that. But Wilson, Price is not debatable. Wilson has been raking in post season awards for years, and we'll see him healthy... Price was not healthy so even if you could convince me they are equals, on that day they were not. He was hobled before the end of the game (which is when it was really noticable). Also, Toon is one hell of a receiver.

I'm not that impressed with either Toons or Wilson just yet. Toon disappeared against decent defenses last year. Wilson has thrown a lot of INT's over his career. Sure they look great against patsies, but we'll see how they fare once they play someone with a pulse.

Toon was also injured, I'm guessing that had a lot to do with it. I will agree that Wilson will look more human against better defenses, but I'll still maintain he's better than Price... who also has played no one. And yes, I'm calling Nebraska's D on Saturday 'no one'

Toon was also injured, I'm guessing that had a lot to do with it. I will agree that Wilson will look more human against better defenses, but I'll still maintain he's better than Price... who also has played no one. And yes, I'm calling Nebraska's D on Saturday 'no one'

I didn't know Toons was injured, so either way on that one. And I'll go ahead and say E. Wash., Hawaii, and NU are all better defenses than Wisky's seen.

Surprisingly, Illinois might have the best offense in the Big Ten this season. We can argue they now have the best win for the conference so far. (At least until Notre Dame is proven good) We'll see how it shakes out.

That said, with the caveat I'm a Badger, I think the Wisconsin offensive will prove better than the Washington offense. 38 points is a lot, and we very well might not get that high, but I trust in Paul Chryst the offensive coordinator.

The only reason we still have him is hometown preference. Otherwise, he'd be making seven figures somewhere in Texas. As it is, he is one of the highest paid assistant coaches in college football, perhaps the highest in the Big Ten.

The answer to the question is pretty simple really. The answer is "who knows?". I know that is an obvious cop-out, but it's the truth. Yes, Wisconsin hasn't played anybody (come on, USD? Really?), so it's tough to say who will have the best offense at this juncture. Nebraska played poorly defensively against UWash, which made them look a lot better than they probably actually are. Ask Eastern Washington. Wisconsin has looked pretty unstoppable, but the defenses they have played are pretty laughable. Hopefully Nebraska can get a good handle on what they Wiscy is doing, and turn up the heat a little bit and play the kind of defense we have become accustomed to the past 2 years. If they do that, NU walks out of Madison with a win. If they play like they have the first 3 weeks, Wisconsin has a great shot of winning in what will probably be a shootout (at least we hope it is a shootout at that point).

But to give a little more concrete answer to the question posed by the OP, no, I do not think Washington is the best offense we'll see this year.

I don't think the relative "goodness" of any offense is going to matter much. If we don't fix the problems on our side of the line, we're not going to be outscoring some of these better-executing offenses no matter what. We MUST get better against the run, and create pressure on the QB, which we have struggled to do through three games.

It's a little ridiculous to have given up 400+ yards of offense in back-to-back games, no matter who you play. Dennard's return will not fix this. It has to get fixed between the ears of about five guys. If it doesn't, Wiscy will roll up 400 yards against us pretty easily, and having to outscore them in a shootout at night in Madison isn't my idea of a great time.

Michigan/Robinson will move the ball on us, so will Illinois, so will Ohio State, so will Michigan State. A lot of offenses may look like "the best offense we've seen all year" if we don't take care of our own business first.

We dont play Illinois this season...

If Nebraska wins the West and Illinois the East, the two teams could meet up in the Big Ten championship game. Illinois has a far easier schedule than Wisconsin and hosts Wisconsin in the game this year.

Right now it looks like Nebraska has to be the Western Division favorite. Michigan is the only other undefeated team, and by the time you play them, Robinson will be dinged, slowing their offense, Their defense is at least a year away from being effective. Iowa and Northwestern often play stronger late in November than they do in September. They could be stumbling blocks, but I kinda doubt it.

Udub probably is one of the most innovative offenses we'll see. Sure, there might be two or three more potent offenses on our B1G sched--mostly based on talent level. But Sark might be the greatest offensive mind we face this year. He just doesn't have the horses. Yet.

I don't think the relative "goodness" of any offense is going to matter much. If we don't fix the problems on our side of the line, we're not going to be outscoring some of these better-executing offenses no matter what. We MUST get better against the run, and create pressure on the QB, which we have struggled to do through three games.

It's a little ridiculous to have given up 400+ yards of offense in back-to-back games, no matter who you play. Dennard's return will not fix this. It has to get fixed between the ears of about five guys. If it doesn't, Wiscy will roll up 400 yards against us pretty easily, and having to outscore them in a shootout at night in Madison isn't my idea of a great time.

Michigan/Robinson will move the ball on us, so will Illinois, so will Ohio State, so will Michigan State. A lot of offenses may look like "the best offense we've seen all year" if we don't take care of our own business first.

if we dont get our defense going wiscy could do this on the ground by running it down our throats all night long, our defense better come ready to be in a dogfight because wiscy will line up and hit the blackshirts in the mouth for 4 quarters.

Wisconsin will be the best so far. Wilson makes them very very dangerous. Those thinking he does not make a big diffference in their offense are greatly mistaken.

They will come out throwing the ball is my guess, and when we pull back run it down our throats. I have yet to see the ability on this team to stop them for four quarters.

This will be our most physical game in a long long time. Wisconsin will be on a mission to one up us at every opportunity.

I do not believe Dennard will make that much difference. It will take a perfect game from our defense and our coaches to beat this team. And I truly believe it is a lot like the Texas Tech game a few years back. The flood gates could open if we lose any of the starters on the Dline early in the game.

I think we are better than we were after Fresno State. Hopefully we will improve with Wyoming,

i just dont see it with wisconsin. i honestly think ohio state will be a much tougher game and i dont see us losing either game. wisky is averaging only 238 yards rushing per game which is good but definitely not great especially against those defenses. their opponents so far are a combined 2-6 so how can you say that they are such a great team based on their scores? if anything they arent scoring enough. the best scoring defense they have faced so far ranked #95, the others were #111 and #116!

to me when i have watched them play they definitely fit the definition of "paper tiger". they look like a missouri type team that will put out an above average team once in a while but never a great team and they will beat up on no name schools while struggling and losing to good teams.

we shall see in a couple weeks but right now i would say we win by 2 or 3 tds. jmo.