Worried?

EZ-E

Here we stand as NU fans, with one of the two best defensive minds in college football as our head coach, and some of us are overly worried about the defense.

I am not worried at all. Bo has yet to find his best elevan players and the personel that he wants to throw out in different schemes.

Let's refer to the Mizzou game from 2010. Totally different scheme all the way around from the week prior. Right now, I don't think Bo has found the guys that he wants/needs on the field to run the certain packages that he wants to run. They will come out, a lot like last year when we were afraid they wouldn't and the nation picked Mizzou to roll over us in Lincoln. That didn't happen and it was Bo's genious that prevented it from happening.

I am going to call it now, I will get a bunch of mixed responses like I always do and divide the board. :)

Remember the week before that Missouri game, OSU ran all over the D and put up 41 points... Missouri, however, couldn't do anything. I'm POSITIVE Bo has something special for Wisconsin, I just highly doubt it will be as effective as the plan vs Mizzou was last year.

Do not underestimate his genious though. As much as other fanbases call it hubris, Bo is THAT good. Remember Texas 09????? Peyton Manning would not have been able to figure our coverage schemes out within the game. Granted; we had some sure fire NFL draft picks littered all over our defense that year, but the scheme he cooked up to beat UT was absolutely ridiculous. He will figure things out that fit the skill sets of our best 11 defenders.

Thats true. That defense made Colt McCoy look like Joe Dailey

Bo likes to keep his stuff off camera and off of other teams' game film. No doubt in my mind he knows what he is going to do against Wisconsin and has some tricks that very few people have captured on camera.

Wiscy definitely worries me. Even when our D is playing better they tend to bend, giving-up yards between the thirties, especially against the run. That isn't bad against some spread-team but Wiscy's attack will hammer us and break us down as the game goes-on. We'll need some three-and-outs and turnovers, get our D off the field to rest. Maybe we see some 5-man fronts and run-blitzing.

With Dennard back I'm less worried about play-action but we could still be vulnerable.

I think our D steps-up and plays considerable better than against UW and FSU ball I think the O will have to win somewhat of a shootout.

Nebraska's defense, three games into the season, ranks 61st nationally in rushing defense, 66th in scoring defense, 67th in total defense and 78th in pass defense.

"Yeah, I don't worry about that," the Nebraska football coach said flatly. LINK

Reading this article just now. Apparently Bo is not worried. He's just not showing his cards.

On offense we're showing all of our cards. Heck, we're showing cards from the poker game down the street.

On offense we're showing all of our cards. Heck, we're showing cards from the poker game down the street.

Actually, we're not. There's more. I just wonder how much more they have installed and are comfortable running.

Regarding the defense, I know Bo isn't worried, but there are too many busts out there to be confident. I don't care how much of a genius he is, with poor clay even a brilliant potter can't make fine china. Some guys need to get their heads straight and get their technique down (to use a Bo-ism). We have flaws on that defense, and Wiscy looks capable of exploiting them.