Brent Musburger in Lincoln?

N Bug

And Lushberger may not be in Lincoln for the Nebraska/tOSU tilt. My understanding is that we won't be the only ABC game offered in the evening timeslot next week, which (if I understand the Big 10 TV deal correctly) puts the possibility of a non-reverse mirror game into play.

Hope I'm wrong. :(

Don't forget about Texas in 2006.

He's been here twice.

Was there NASCAR on ABC that night? Cuz the 2006 Texas game was an early kickoff and GameDay was at Georgia Tech @ Clemson

This was before his current deal where he does each week's primetime ABC game with Kirk. That started in 2007 (USC game in Lincoln).

Edit: Also, it's extremely unlikely he'll be in Lincoln for the OSU game, very rare that Kirk and Brent call a game that isn't at the same location as Gameday.

Burnt Cheeseburger, ehh. :facepalm:

Nothing honestly beats an evening off announcers being on first name basis with the players involved. I can't wait to hear Russell this and Russell that. And here comes Taylor, Taylor leads NU onto the field. Jared is all over the Wiscy OLine, LaVonte is here, Lavonte is there, Lavonte is everywhere.

Seriously I can't think of a better ritard to call the game. :sarcasm

And this is a thread why?

And you posted in it why? :)

Just thought Mushberger was as relevant a topic in Nebraska football as Bob Griese was non-partisan in his ABC Michigan broadcasts while Brian was QB. Thanks Dad! Mushberger hates Nebraska, and always will. Herbstreit won't treat NU much better, although other than his rant about the fan's pick of the best college teams of the century, I still have some respect for him. And him being an OSU grad, he can't possibly dog us too much during the game.

Just thought Mushberger was as relevant a topic in Nebraska football as Bob Griese was non-partisan in his ABC Michigan broadcasts while Brian was QB. Thanks Dad! Mushberger hates Nebraska, and always will. Herbstreit won't treat NU much better, although other than his rant about the fan's pick of the best college teams of the century, I still have some respect for him. And him being an OSU grad, he can't possibly dog us too much during the game.

Where do you get the notion that Musberger hates us, and Herbstreit too for that matter? I've never seen any evidence of this.

If you didn't think it was a relevant topic for "Husker Football", then perhaps you should have more accurately asked "Mods, why isn't this in a different forum?".

The question should not be when was the last time Mushburger was in Lincoln but rather, how can we prevent him from ever coming again. Open container is pretty weak. Surely there is some unsolved murder or child molestation that LPD could pin on him.

Uh, that's right, I don't like him much.

Where do you get the notion that Musberger hates us, and Herbstreit too for that matter? I've never seen any evidence of this.

If you didn't think it was a relevant topic for "Husker Football", then perhaps you should have more accurately asked "Mods, why isn't this in a different forum?".

It's called 'media'...and don't be scared, but there is some outside of Nebraska. Huskers.com are media giants, I know, but I heard the rest of the country follows sports as well.

It's called 'media'...and don't be scared, but there is some outside of Nebraska. Huskers.com are media giants, I know, but I heard the rest of the country follows sports as well.

If you can link me a single source that is actually credible evidence and not just wild interpretation of discussion on the hatred of Musburger and Herbstreit towards the University of Nebraska then I'll retract my statement.