This ones on Beck

GI56

We need to change up the read order on those pass plays. Make checkdowns the primary read.

But Taylor was the ONLY thing going for us in the early game. Great first quarter, only guy accounting for any yards on the team. He self destructed, and I think it was on a much bigger scale than we realized at the time. I mean, 3 picks in a row. He was in the zone and on the money in Q1. Burkhead wasn't getting any good gains.

With the defense we are putting on the field, it makes no difference if our offense made mistakes or not.

Wisconsin is about to eclipse the 41 point mark Oklahoma State reached last year, so unless you expect our offense to put up 50+ points again, we weren't going to win anyway.

I too find it mind boggling that Beck totally abandoned our whole offensive identity to try and get in air raid mode with Taylor. Then we wait until we are down 14-41 to start trying to run the damn ball again. Good one, chief.

Our defense is not very good. Take nothing away from Wisconsin's offense, though. They were flat out bigger and better than us. And we could not contain Russell at all. Our secondary is garbage and it's gonna take a long while before that changes. Absolute garbage. They split our safeties like a loaf of bread tonight. And our run defense just could not consistently stop them. We just got totally demoralized, on top of getting embarrassed. To be a fly on the wall during film next week... :hmmph

Also, could just be in a sour mood, but it seemed like we got a little jobbed by the refs tonight. Not that it made much of a difference. ***Sigh***: Once again, NU has successfully beaten NU :facepalm::throw Makes me sick as a fan.

Martinez is the one who threw HORRIBLE picks. Our Receivers were open.

His play calling still sucked. Burkhead disappeared in the first half. Then to start the 2nd half off with a pass. Come on. Let's show the world that our qb really can't pass.

Run the damn ball.

They are running it to end the 3rd qtr and have gained about 7 yds a carry.

Agreed the play calling was iffy, but if our QB can't execute our plays then maybe we need a new QB

Shouldn't have been passing on 15 out of 17 plays in that stretch or whatever it was. Up 14-13 on the road? RUN. Easy call.

I don't know what is with people always coming to Taylor's defense, but come on. Our wide receivers were running free, and he throws the ball behind them. He doesn't know when to drop the ball off, and believes he is the team.

Lets not forget our QB fumbled the ball too. He is the weak link on offense. Everything is progressing but him.

Exactly! He always does! Yet our coaching staff still puts him on the field and forces him to throw the ball! We had the lead and we're throwing the ball around like we're down 20!

His play calling still sucked. Burkhead disappeared in the first half. Then to start the 2nd half off with a pass. Come on. Let's show the world that our qb really can't pass.

Run the damn ball.

They are running it to end the 3rd qtr and have gained about 7 yds a carry.

Exactly.

They can't stop our running game but we did. I just don't get it.

GI56, I respectfully disagree.

The playcalling was, IMO, what we needed to win--we were having to pass to set up the run, which is not unusual considering Wisky stacked the box early and often. When Martinez made pass plays, they backed off, we rushed the ball, we put points on the board.

If anything, Wisky did a good job of disguising coverages, confusing a half-functioning, half-aware (IMO only) Martinez, and our plan from the first half fed them three INTs in a row because we insist on running a QB out there that can't throw the ball beyond 15 yards with consistency.

I'll stand behind Beck's playcalling--he's been able to breathe life into what was a moribund and incompetent offense, complete with playmakers at the WR positions--something we thought was gone when we ****canned Callahan and Co.

But if we don't have a QB that can get them the ball, then what's the point of having excellent WRs?

More like Taylor, that idiot, throwing three inteceptions and our cookies out of the oven soft D are at fault.

I blame the person who put Taylor in that position. Look at the 2nd to last drive of the first half. Wisc was rushing 3, dropping 8, yet we called drop back passes over and over. This is just throwing him to the wolves.

This is spot on and it's not arguable. Beck got cute and put TM in a role he was not structured to do well in. No question that is loss is on Beck.

On Beck? I would throw in the defense as well.

Yep. Defense deserves probably more blame then the offense in this one.

No, I don't think so. We did get owned for sure, and the defense gets a lot of blame. But more than the offensive that completely self-destructed?

And to add to that, Wisconsin is for real on offense. They are probably one of the best attacks in the entire nation. They will put yards on anybody. Doesn't excuse the performance of the NU D, but exactly who are the Wisconsin defense? I had no idea they were even good.