Direction of program

HANC

I'll agree that the secondary as well as a switch at LB need a little revamping. I think it's time to give these guys a chance to show what they are made of. But there will come a day when we will be in the top 5. But this year probably isn't going to be one. Next year has a chance and the next year after that has a BIG chance because we will have a TON of experience at almost EVERY position. Those, among other things, are what Top 5 teams are made of.

You guys will be fine. A very favorable schedule awaits with the toughest game probably being at UM. Long term might be a little rougher, might be tougher to recruit with the conference switch...at least thats what everyone in the media seems to say but they're often wrong.

• Fire 1

And I don't think Michigan is as tough/good as everyone claims them to be. They're like a paper tiger (kinda what we were to Wisconsin) Robinson makes that offense and often makes just as bad decisions as Taylor. And maybe by then the team will be clicking on more cylinders. But who knows. BTW, that signature is sick. I have mad respect for Wisconsin and Russell Wilson and Madison. You guys have my rooting interest in any game you're in that doesn't involve Nebraska.

I agree on Michigan, they're hard to judge right now but until proven otherwise I'll stick with them. MSU might be tough too but they're at home and I think you'll win it. Wouldn't surprise me if you won out.

On the sig...yea its a cool picture but I feel like an ass for having it and being a guest. I'll change it, no need to rub it in.

Direction of the program

Top programs don’t stay on top forever. Look at USC from eight years ago. They were unstoppable. Could recruit anyone they wanted. Yet only one month ago lowly Minnesota took USC down to the wire and damn near beat them. My point is that a few short years back USC looked like an unstoppable dynasty. Now the mighty Trojans have fallen off the map. Before long the LSU and Alabama will fall too. And somebody will fill that void. If we improve as much in the next four years as we did in the past four years it could be us at the top of the heap. But these things don’t happen overnight. And when setbacks happen--like last night--we just need to keep headed in the right direction. Up.

Direction of the program

Top programs don’t stay on top forever. Look at USC from eight years ago. They were unstoppable. Could recruit anyone they wanted. Yet only one month ago lowly Minnesota took USC down to the wire and damn near beat them. My point is that a few short years back USC looked like an unstoppable dynasty. Now the mighty Trojans have fallen off the map. Before long the LSU and Alabama will fall too. And somebody will fill that void. If we improve as much in the next four years as we did in the past four years it could be us at the top of the heap. But these things don’t happen overnight. And when setbacks happen--like last night--we just need to keep headed in the right direction. Up.

Very True... Minnesota's Glory Years

really liked this thread... good stuff.....

i do think the huskers can be back in the top 5 mix... but we need to get realistic about certain stuff and not dwellling in the past... and yes we can do it without selling our soul.... what i am really wanting to know i s how everyone is going to respond at the game against oSU........ that place better be f'ing rokin!!!!

The question is not whether we are in a positive direction or not, obviously we are, the question we should be asking is are we in the right direction and at the right pace as compared with other schools? Think of OU, Alabama, LSU, USC, etc., in the last decade or so when they were mediocre and how long it took their current coaches to get them back on top. In four years time they had all already won a national championship, played for one or were right on the cusp of being elite. In year 4 we are above average but certainly not great and not even close to elite.

Is this a problem? Part of me thinks so, part of me isn't sure. If we can't get to where we need to be by year 4, then how many years will it take?

Though I still have confidence for the future, there are a lot of very concerning things going on. Negative tweets, lack of demeanor on the field/sideline and, for the first time since Bo has been, we saw the defense show some quit. that's not supposed to happen and I am very worried. It's a huge fork in the road right now, either we'll see an 07 collapse or 08 improvement. After the 07 loss to USC it became incredibly obvious there was a disconnect between players and coaches and the players for the most part quit on them. In 08 there was 3 losses in a row, one that was very ugly, and a team sitting at 3-3, but manned up and got 9 wins and a bowl victory showing improvement. 2 weeks ago I'd a said we'll see the latter. Im not 100% sure anymore. Like I said, I've seen things in the last couple days that are very concerning.

I have faith that things are, and will continue to, get better. Let's face it...wiscy was REAL good. That said, if the defense gives up again I will start ti get frusterared. Nu isn't entitled to win every game like most fans seem to think. As long as the team plays with heart I can handle the occasional loss. Keep the faith my fellow fans.