McKewon was lowest AP voter for NU at #24

NUance

W48N17;

If that's what you really took from that post, reading comprehension development may need to be in your future...

Just the fact that you guys are mentioning national championship hunt in regards to nebraska is hilarious. Any writer/fan that thinks Nebraska is winning the national title this year is clueless.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Read it again.

If you really took a deep look at a few of those teams you might not think so. I think this is another case of looking at just one team and "feeling": like we are barely top 25. I don't care that much. It'll sort out as the season moves on. Don't forget that Washington beat up Utah (welcome to a real conference, Utes. 0-2 already.) and Fresno St hung in there with an SEC team (ok, Ole Miss isn't a top SEC team) most of the game.

• Fire 1

W48N17;

If that's what you really took from that post, reading comprehension development may need to be in your future...

Just the fact that you guys are mentioning national championship hunt in regards to nebraska is hilarious. Any writer/fan that thinks Nebraska is winning the national title this year is clueless.

que?

*bump*

I guess McKewon was impressed with our win over tOSU. This week he is not NU's lowest AP voter in the nation. Now he's only the third lowest AP voter for NU, voting the Huskers at #19. If we keep winning we might even catch up with Illinois. Sam has Illinois at #13, six spots higher than Nebraska on his AP vote this week. LINK

Our local sportswriters sure don't do us any favors.

*bump*

I guess McKewon was impressed with our win over tOSU. This week he is not NU's lowest AP voter in the nation. Now he's only the third lowest AP voter for NU, voting the Huskers at #19. If we keep winning we might even catch up with Illinois. Sam has Illinois at #13, six spots higher than Nebraska on his AP vote this week. LINK

Yeah, but in Sam's case I think he has shown himself to be a very fair, reasonable, and informed writer. I sense zero agenda out of Sam, other than to objectively do the job he is paid to do, (and do it well) which is not the same impression I get from specifically two other writers on the OWH staff.

We ain't talking about Barfknecht voting Michigan #1 over Nebraska in '97 here.

• Fire 1

I don't see any problem with big jumps&drops in polls when your halfway through the season. Non-conference doesn't tell you much of anything usually. The jumps/drops will get smaller as the season goes along and as you find out more about the teams. Polls are flawed to begin with. Like the previous poster said, the only thing you can ask for is an honest, non-political, non-biased, conscientious voter.

*bump*

Yeah, but in Sam's case I think he has shown himself to be a very fair, reasonable, and informed writer. I sense zero agenda out of Sam, other than to objectively do the job he is paid to do, (and do it well) which is not the same impression I get from specifically two other writers on the OWH staff.

True that Mckewon isn't as bad as Barfknecht when it comes to supporting the Huskers. But that's like saying Muammar Gaddafi isn't as bad as Joseph Stalin.

*bump*

True that Mckewon isn't as bad as Barfknecht when it comes to supporting the Huskers. But that's like saying Muammar Gaddafi isn't as bad as Joseph Stalin.

I don't think you and I agree on whether or not Sam should be criticized for voting NU where he did, but that was a funny line. :lol:

So all the sportswriters in Nebraska have to tow the NU company line and bury their head in the sand? Maybe the Lincoln Journal Star would be a good paper to read then. Those guys would never write anything disparaging (even if it is the truth) towards NU. Heck, Sipple wrote an article taking Dirk to task. I'm sure he'll stay on Bo's Christmas card list. There are issues in Lincoln whether or not you choose to see them. 19 seems about right given the issues with the defense.

Some people whine that NU doesn't get enough respect from the media. But if you look at our poll history - including the 2001 ranking that got us in the NC game - we are always a couple notches higher simply because we ARE Nebraska, and pollsters either a) respect our legacy or b) get kinda lazy. In the past few years we've been ranked pretty high based on expections and legacy, only to disappoint in big games. If you're a betting man, Nebraska hasn't been a great bet of late.

I think it's both more accurate and more fun for Nebraska to have the lower ranking they've earned and to start surprising people, than to be constantly measured against Nebraska expectations of old and always be in the position to disappoint.

Sam McKewon has it right. And like the rest of us, he's rooting for this team.

• Fire 1