Post practice Bo interview. jeez

DaveH

Bo gets paid millions to coach and control his emotions......the way he was eyeing the press, you would think he just took a cut in pay.

you think bo does it for the money? do you think he would get that mad about a pay cut? i think he takes it personally, plus it does seem like the media is trying to create drama within the team.

While I love my job for the interactions with clients and the ability to help them take their business to different levels, there are three other portions I love more. Payday, Commission checks, and Bonuses

yeah, i would love a paycheck, but i'm not the coach of a div. 1 football team. i don't think bo thinks about money too much and i definitely do not think it is what motivates him.

I don't know why everyone is cheering for Bo right now. He was obviously in a terrible mood. What do you want the media to talk about? Taylor is the hot button right now and fair or not, that's what the public wants to hear about. Everyone wants to know if Taylor is reacting to the criticism well or not. The media is just doing their job and it doesn't give Bo an excuse to make them feel unimportant for asking the questions people want answers to. I'm all for standing up for your players, but i'm fairly certain there was a better way to go about it.

I like it. Does anyone think Woody Hayes or Bo Schembechler gave a damn what some reporter or the fans thought about him? Hell no, Bo's primary job is to win football games. Everyone wanted him here because of his fire, intensity, and record of success. But since he has been hired, all anyone has wanted him to do was be a politically correct head coach. He was successful because of who he was and how he did it. Let the man be himself and be proud we don't have another BC blowing smoke up everyone's a$$.

P.S. I know its not the 70s 80s anymore like when Woody Hayes and Bo Schembechler coached and the times have changed blah blah blah. Bo is not a politician, he a damn football coach.

Bo tried to play dumb in the beginning like he didnt know what the reporter was reffering to by rallying around Martinez. Then it became obvious that he was upset by the media. The report tried to take a stab saying Taylor was unphased by the media knowing fully well that it has been tough for Taylor to deal with.

Bo needs to realize that these are the thing that media will do and not continue to fall into the trap. A simple yes his teammates rally around him just as the coaching staff does while we prepare for OSU sets the tone and leads the inteview back to practice and the game.

exactly, Bo needs a refresher in media interview 101.

That's rich. Bo was wrong, the press was right. This may come as a shock to you - the media are paid professionals, too. And many local writers could use a refresher in journalistic integrity and objectivity.

Bo may not be 100% in the right, but he's not the only one that's in the wrong. Nor did he create the situation that led to this part of the presser, that was a reporter in Monday's presser. If we expect Bo to be held to certain standards, and we expect college football players to be held to certain standards, why don't we expect the same from our press corps?

good lord man, don't be so naieve.........you know how the press works, Bo needs to be smart enough to rise above it, when he drops down to their level, where does that leave him?.....it's just like corporate relations, he is the CEO, he should be able to rise above the fray, instead of grabbing a beer bottle and daring them to bring it on......

Bo gets paid millions to coach and control his emotions......the way he was eyeing the press, you would think he just took a cut in pay.

you think bo does it for the money? do you think he would get that mad about a pay cut? i think he takes it personally, plus it does seem like the media is trying to create drama within the team.

While I love my job for the interactions with clients and the ability to help them take their business to different levels, there are three other portions I love more. Payday, Commission checks, and Bonuses

yeah, i would love a paycheck, but i'm not the coach of a div. 1 football team. i don't think bo thinks about money too much and i definitely do not think it is what motivates him.

Im not saying it is the motivation but it has to play a role. The thing I wont pretend is to know his heart or what he feels. Alot of people do that whenever a job comes up they say his wife loves it here so they are not leaving no one knows the converstion that are going on in the Pelini household. There are alot of ways for Bo to coach for the love of the game, again im not saying it the only factor but it is considered.

I don't know why everyone is cheering for Bo right now. He was obviously in a terrible mood. What do you want the media to talk about? Taylor is the hot button right now and fair or not, that's what the public want to hear about. Everyone wants to know if Taylor is reacting to the criticism well or not. The media is just doing their job and it doesn't give Bo an excuse to make them feel unimportant for asking questions people want answers to. I'm all for standing up for your players, but there was definitely a better way of going about it the way he did.

It's not about the public or what they want. The reporters have been trying to fabricate a story out of internet rumors/hearsay and Bo put an end to it. I'm not the biggest Martinez fan in the world, but honestly it's Thursday night and I'm tired of hearing/talking about it and I don't think I'm alone. Put yourself in Bo's shoes and ask yourself if you would have handled it better. I know I wouldn't have.

Bo tried to play dumb in the beginning like he didnt know what the reporter was reffering to by rallying around Martinez. Then it became obvious that he was upset by the media. The report tried to take a stab saying Taylor was unphased by the media knowing fully well that it has been tough for Taylor to deal with.

Bo needs to realize that these are the thing that media will do and not continue to fall into the trap. A simple yes his teammates rally around him just as the coaching staff does while we prepare for OSU sets the tone and leads the inteview back to practice and the game.

exactly, Bo needs a refresher in media interview 101.

That's rich. Bo was wrong, the press was right. This may come as a shock to you - the media are paid professionals, too. And many local writers could use a refresher in journalistic integrity and objectivity.

Bo may not be 100% in the right, but he's not the only one that's in the wrong. Nor did he create the situation that led to this part of the presser, that was a reporter in Monday's presser. If we expect Bo to be held to certain standards, and we expect college football players to be held to certain standards, why don't we expect the same from our press corps?

good lord man, don't be so naieve.........you know how the press works, Bo needs to be smart enough to rise above it, when he drops down to their level, where does that leave him?.....it's just like corporate relations, he is the CEO, he should be able to rise above the fray, instead of grabbing a beer bottle and daring them to bring it on......

Naive - one of my favorite memes. If you don't think what I think, you're naive. Kudos for bringing out that old saw.

As for the rest, you clearly don't get what reporters are about - or at least, what they should be about.

I dont mean to attack anyone, but this is a fine example of what I am going to refer to: Bo is a smart man. He is a lot smarter than some posters give him credit for.

As for my reaction to this presser:

This guy was applauded up and down the nation for his efforts to take care of his players. What Bo did could very well be a pretty sweet recruiting tool. Bo has the players' and coaches' backs. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

• Fire 2

Im not saying it is the motivation but it has to play a role. The thing I wont pretend is to know his heart or what he feels. Alot of people do that whenever a job comes up they say his wife loves it here so they are not leaving no one knows the converstion that are going on in the Pelini household. There are alot of ways for Bo to coach for the love of the game, again im not saying it the only factor but it is considered.

maybe it gives him some perspective, but i don't think it has much to do about his reaction or temperament.

I'm starting to not care about anything anymore because of stuff like this. Wake me up when our program becomes respectable. Not "good" or "successful", but respectable.

I honestly don't care if we lose every game this year. I just want to respect the program that I root for, and I don't right now. It's sad I know.

• Fire 2

http://ow.ly/6PXkz

Was that really necessary?

Weak sauce Bo!

Yes, the media and fans want to know if Taylor is accountable for one of the worst performances of any Husker Qb in recent memory.

I will say it again. Bo has put in job on the line with Taylor. The media is not on a witch hunt. The media doesn't have NU in this position

after handing out 80 scollies and this is the best QB NU can put on the field. NU has an extremely faster runner playing QB. That is great if

you are looking at being a top 25 team and losing 4 games a year.

I think most NU fans are looking or National Championships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bo could care less what the media or fans think on how he manages this team. He makes millions and laughs all the way to the bank every week.

He needs to be held accountable for the position this team is in too. To turn this back on the media as trying to get a reaction from Taylor.......

Weak sauce Bo!