Bo and mobile qb's?

Well I'm no professional coach or anything, but that was the first thought that popped into my head after Braxton Miller's second or third long run: put a QB spy on him. It can be so effective, like when USC played Illinois in the Rose Bowl I'm pretty sure... Juice Williams was a huge threat, and USC put Maualuga(spelling) on him the whole game as a spy. Juice couldn't do anything! But oh well, I trust in Pelini. Whatever he does is 100x better than anything I could do with the team.

Do you guys also feel his philosophy has something to do with it? Bo has stated several times he doesnt like to blitz, so when you dont blitz there will be some running lanes opening up for the qb or the rollouts will work a lot better with a lack of blitz. I feel that if bo blitzed more then he would have more success against them but he doesnt seem to like that idea too much.

It's because he doesn't believe in worrying about the quarterback. Remember last year when he was asked about spying on a qb? (can't remember exact wording) 'what are you talking about? I don't even know what a qb spy is.'

Exactly this. He's too stubborn to use a spy. I remember him saying "no, we don't do that, we're just going to run our defense" when asked if we were going to put a spy on Tyrod Taylor. It may have worked that time, but it's exactly why Denard Robinson is going to run all over us.

It's because he doesn't believe in worrying about the quarterback. Remember last year when he was asked about spying on a qb? (can't remember exact wording) 'what are you talking about? I don't even know what a qb spy is.'

Exactly this. He's too stubborn to use a spy. I remember him saying "no, we don't do that, we're just going to run our defense" when asked if we were going to put a spy on Tyrod Taylor. It may have worked that time, but it's exactly why Denard Robinson is going to run all over us.

Yep. I'm sick of this 'contain' scheme from the d-line. Especially when it doesn't even work. Miller ran all over our 'contain' last night.

If you can't contain the QB using your 'contain' scheme then you might as well bring some heat because the result will be the same (scramble for big yards), but you have the added bonus of a possible sack/int.

I guarantee you Bo already knows it's an issue with this defensive scheme that needs to be corrected. What that solution is I couldn't begin to tell you, but I am confident that we will make some type of adjustments in this area, especially before we play Northwestern & Michigan. If we don't, Michigan with Denard Robinson is going make us look very silly.

Yep. I'm sick of this 'contain' scheme from the d-line. Especially when it doesn't even work. Miller ran all over our 'contain' last night.

If you can't contain the QB using your 'contain' scheme then you might as well bring some heat because the result will be the same (scramble for big yards), but you have the added bonus of a possible sack/int.

Maybe I'm not seeing it right or missing part of the point, but I thought by his 'contain' he wanted to 'contain' the QB in the pocket. Miller burned us up the middle when he had no one to throw to. Yes, he got outside a few times, but not always.

Because he's guaranteed to run all over us. I'm glad that you know that already.

Tyrod Taylor and Colt McCoy are two mobile quarterbacks that come to mind that Nebraska embarrassed. Granted it was pretty much Suh against McCoy in 2009, but Nebraska as a whole did an excellent job against Taylor at VaTech holding him to five yards on nine carries. We also did a pretty good job against Locker the first time around in 2010.