Tom slams Badger fans.

Go to SEC games, I've seen people carted away in ambulances and crowds berate families with small children using all kinds of obsceneties.

True statement. Guy died after a USC game last year...right Gamecock?

Ok, don't call me that, but yes a man was killed at the Alabama-Carolina game last year. I'm just saying we should put things into perspective. You guys apparently have the perfect fanbase that never treats a visitor poorly ever but this is not the standard for the rest of the country. Sorry you guys had to find out the hard way in Madison...if you really are that hurt about it the Big XII is always waiting. Leave the way you came in.

No, everybody has bad fans, it's just that some fanbases seem to promote it.

Very true, and anybody with any connection to Wisconsin will admit that UW is one of them. If you hear different its a lie.

Not all of the fan base, not even all of the students but its definitely present.

I haven't lied about it and neither have any of the other UW fans on this site. My problem is the unreasonable amount of attention drawn to this subject and the generalizations made about Wisconsin fans, they're ridiculous and overplayed. It was almost two weeks ago, its done.

It will be done when their behavior changes. It is an ongoing problem. I live here, and I find the behavior disgusting.

I don't know what you're accomplishing by complaining about it on a message board. If it's that big of a deal to you, contact the university/UWPD.

Go to SEC games, I've seen people carted away in ambulances and crowds berate families with small children using all kinds of obsceneties.

True statement. Guy died after a USC game last year...right Gamecock?

Ok, don't call me that, but yes a man was killed at the Alabama-Carolina game last year. I'm just saying we should put things into perspective. You guys apparently have the perfect fanbase that never treats a visitor poorly ever but this is not the standard for the rest of the country. Sorry you guys had to find out the hard way in Madison...if you really are that hurt about it the Big XII is always waiting. Leave the way you came in.

No, everybody has bad fans, it's just that some fanbases seem to promote it.

Very true, and anybody with any connection to Wisconsin will admit that UW is one of them. If you hear different its a lie.

Not all of the fan base, not even all of the students but its definitely present.

I haven't lied about it and neither have any of the other UW fans on this site. My problem is the unreasonable amount of attention drawn to this subject and the generalizations made about Wisconsin fans, they're ridiculous and overplayed. It was almost two weeks ago, its done.

It will be done when their behavior changes. It is an ongoing problem. I live here, and I find the behavior disgusting.

I don't know what you're accomplishing by complaining about it on a message board. If it's that big of a deal to you, contact the university/UWPD.

(Actually, I'm one of those that did.)

The university needs to take baby steps. The letter is a good start. First is eliminating the notorious ES/FU chant. Next is creating a less hostile and safer venue both outside the stadium and during the game. No fan should have to feel like their safety is threatened when attending a college football game. Then maybe fans won't hate coming here for games.

I appreciate you taking part in this discussion.

I found this a little funny. Almost a low blow from Tom.

"I think, usually, schools with good tradition, that have won a lot in the past, are fairly tolerant," he said. "The ones that have won just lately sometimes don't know how to handle it very well."

Read more: http://host.madison....l#ixzz1afNha16c

Slam? Then another poster said Tom O 'bashed' the fans? Bash? If this is your definition of slamming and bashing I wonder what you would call a REALLY out and out criticism. Too Funny!

I wonder what Barry thought about this. I mean, it's one thing to degrade the opponents' fans that come to your stadium, but to shout obscenities at their AD? I guess I was wrong to think that 'drunken idiots' didn't apply to their fan base. But I've heard nothing but Colorado Buffalo coming from Madison. Maybe the two should schedule a game and piss and vomit all over each other.

yes but at least we don't do that to ourselves on the field. like say when you're ranked 8th and playing on a national stage, and then get embarrassed with a 31 point loss and the opposing quarterback that guts your secondary, doesn't even attempt a pass in the 4th quarter.

I wonder what Barry thought about this. I mean, it's one thing to degrade the opponents' fans that come to your stadium, but to shout obscenities at their AD? I guess I was wrong to think that 'drunken idiots' didn't apply to their fan base. But I've heard nothing but Colorado Buffalo coming from Madison. Maybe the two should schedule a game and piss and vomit all over each other.

yes but at least we don't do that to ourselves on the field. like say when you're ranked 8th and playing on a national stage, and then get embarrassed with a 31 point loss and the opposing quarterback that guts your secondary, doesn't even attempt a pass in the 4th quarter.

So the Wisconsin fans - the subject of the letter and this thread - were the ones playing the game? You're deflecting. And you're not very good at it.

"I think, usually, schools with good tradition, that have won a lot in the past, are fairly tolerant," he said. "The ones that have won just lately sometimes don't know how to handle it very well."

Funny, my buddies that went up to Madison with me said the exact same thing with the exact logic behind it.

He is not at all wrong.

Wisconsin fans, sorry, but learn to win. I have no problem shaking the hands of the people that beat us and I did when I was in Madison, but some of the ways that I was treated were garbage.

Funny, my buddies that went up to Madison with me said the exact same thing with the exact logic behind it.

He is not at all wrong.

Wisconsin fans, sorry, but learn to win. I have no problem shaking the hands of the people that beat us and I did when I was in Madison, but some of the ways that I was treated were garbage.

That's a pretty high horse you've got there. Sure UW has gone through some bad years but they've consistently won for the better part of 2 decades. We have even been to more BCS bowls (3-2) and won more (2-1).

I also recall a certain moment in time when Tom Osbourne decided when winning was so important he decided to start a woman beater against universal disapproval and any sort of moral compass. So maybe he shouldn't be the authority on correlating winning culture and character.

I also recall a certain moment in time when Tom Osbourne decided when winning was so important he decided to start a woman beater against universal disapproval and any sort of moral compass. So maybe he shouldn't be the authority on correlating winning culture and character.

I like turtles.

I like turtles.

I could care less about what Tom Osbourne has to say about Wisconsin students or how "revolting" people think the ES-FU chant is. The 15,000 students at Camp Randall make it what it is. A fantastic home-field environment. But don't take my word for it, just look to your local husker beat reporters who came away very impressed by the atmosphere. Or this board, where people urged others to stand up and cheer to be like Wisconsin fans at Camp Randall. You take the good with the bad, and as far as the Camp Randall crowd goes, the good is oh so very good.

I like turtles.

I could care less about what Tom Osbourne has to say about Wisconsin students or how "revolting" people think the ES-FU chant is. The 15,000 students at Camp Randall make it what it is. A fantastic home-field environment. But don't take my word for it, just look to your local husker beat reporters who came away very impressed by the atmosphere. Or this board, where people urged others to stand up and cheer to be like Wisconsin fans at Camp Randall. You take the good with the bad, and as far as the Camp Randall crowd goes, the good is oh so very good.

No you don't have to "take the good with the bad." You don't have to be an abusive, violent idiot to cheer for your team. Your inability to acknowledge, or perhaps understand this, makes you a truly contemptuous human being.

My god, you're actually proud of the extreme behavior, aren't you? Screaming obscenities at children and elderly people. I hope you're a rare minority. Otherwise, there's something dark and sick happening in Wisconsin.

I like turtles.

No you don't have to "take the good with the bad." You don't have to be an abusive, violent idiot to cheer for your team. Your inability to acknowledge, or perhaps understand this, makes you a truly contemptuous human being.

My god, you're actually proud of the extreme behavior, aren't you? Screaming obscenities at children and elderly people. I hope you're a rare minority. Otherwise, there's something dark and sick happening in Wisconsin.

Extreme behavior? You're naive to think that a.) this only happens in Wisconsin and b.) that some people don't do this at Nebraska. And maybe when you looked up contemptuous in the dictionary you should have swung by V and looked up violent as well. I don't know that a few people yelling at Tom Osbourne and elderly people he was with is tantamount to say, an angry mob in 1950s Arkansas.

Extreme behavior? You're naive to think that a.) this only happens in Wisconsin and b.) that some people don't do this at Nebraska. And maybe when you looked up contemptuous in the dictionary you should have swung by V and looked up violent as well. I don't know that a few people yelling at Tom Osbourne and elderly people he was with is tantamount to say, an angry mob in 1950s Arkansas.

Whether or not it happens elsewhere is not relevant, nor is the fact that there are some a-hole-ish Cornhusker fans. The point is (and I know this may sound shocking) shouting obscenities and being inhospitable isn't nice. It turns out when you are jerks to people, they don't like to hang around you. Hence why the majority of Husker fans who went up to Madison this season aren't planning on going back. It's why Ohio State fans who came to Lincoln last weekend are planning on coming back--with their friends and families, besides.

[Edit: Okay, "majority" is purely speculation based on absolutely nothing but personal stories I've heard.]