Big Ten football power rankings, 10/18

NUance

Big Ten football power rankings, 10/18

By BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Legends Division

1. Michigan State (5-1, 2-0)

The Spartans held Wisconsin to a season-low 292 yards of total offense in last year's game, a 34-24 MSU win.

This week: Wisconsin, Sat., 7 p.m., ESPN

2. Michigan (6-1, 2-1)

A dynamic running quarterback who has struggled throwing the ball is enduring criticism, and his coach comes to his defense.

This week: Idle

3. Nebraska (5-1, 1-1)

The Huskers have had some recent struggles with teams they're supposed to dominate (South Dakota State, Iowa State, Kansas).

This week: at Minnesota, Sat., 2:30 p.m., ABC/ESPN2

LINK

WTF?? Recent struggles with South Dakota State, Iowa State, Kansas??? Well, last year.

Welcome to the B1G, and please get used to the Michigan Media lovefest. It is similar to how ESPN loves to talk up the Yankees and Red Sox.

Truth be told, you already beat OSU, which is as good of a win as Michigan may get all year. There is no reason for them to be ahead of you, and i share your disgust.

Welcome to the B1G, and please get used to the Michigan Media lovefest. It is similar to how ESPN loves to talk up the Yankees and Red Sox.

Truth be told, you already beat OSU, which is as good of a win as Michigan may get all year. There is no reason for them to be ahead of you, and i share your disgust.

Yep, its one thing that definately sucks about the conference, they cater to OSU, UM and to a lesser extent PSU. Just appealing to those national fan bases I guess.

NU's probably used to it from dealing with Texas though...

While I don't necessarily disagree with the rankings, factoring last year into the equation is pointless.

Exactly.

Still..Probably a better indicator of future results than bringing up the last time we had a road win against a top-10 team..Were these players even born yet?....

Kidding! But last season wasn't that long ago..some of the psyche? (for lack of a more better word) may still be lingering in some of the players and coaches.