Bo Pelini's Quarterback Graveyard - 2014 Edition

Landlord

R.I.P. Devin Gardner

Devin Gardner, Nov. 9, 2013 - 18/27 (66.6%) - 196 yards - 1 TD - 0 INT - Sacked 7 times (16 rushes) for -32 yards

i cannot believe he did not turn it over. i really thought we would need to force a couple to's to win. as we turns out, we could afford a couple to's and still win.

R.I.P. Devin Gardner

Devin Gardner, Nov. 9, 2013 - 18/27 (66.6%) - 196 yards - 1 TD - 0 INT - Sacked 7 times (16 rushes) for -32 yards

i cannot believe he did not turn it over. i really thought we would need to force a couple to's to win. as we turns out, we could afford a couple to's and still win.

We had our chances on a couple off throws. Did Santos break up Ciante's interception opportunity?

We had our chances on a couple off throws. Did Santos break up Ciante's interception opportunity?

Yes. Should of had that one. And you don't very often get away with throwing the ball farther up in the air than down the field but they did that, too.

It was a nice break by Santos, it's just too bad Gardner threw it right to Ciante. Then later in the game Gardner threw it right to SJB but Funchess got his fingertips on the ball making SJB barely miss it.

• Fire 1

R.I.P. Devin Gardner

I never saw the hype with this kid. Just because he can throw better than shoelace doesn't mean he should be up for the hypesman. I am so happy that we played as well as we did on defense.

R.I.P. Devin Gardner

I never saw the hype with this kid. Just because he can throw better than shoelace doesn't mean he should be up for the hypesman. I am so happy that we played as well as we did on defense.

Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but remember all the pre-season predictions (including numerous media) who had him as the 2nd best QB in the B!G ahead of TMart?

I guess TMart's stats didn't carry much weight (or his selection by the Coaches as 1st Team QB over Braxton in 2012).

Obviously, this year didn't work out as well for Taylor as everyone hoped, but in retrospect, the fawning over Gardner seems a bit overzealous.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so. He's a freshman quarterback, right? who made some mistakes but also made some good plays. He gave us fits with those rollouts at times. Not totally a sunk-into-the-graveyard performance, even though we did win in the end. Granted, I haven't even looked at the stat sheet.

I'm in about the same boat as you. Only slightly below his yardage average but well below completion percentage - worst since September. 2-to-1 TD-INT as well.

Third down conversions, being at home and (likely?) the B1G Freshman of the Year enough to put him in? I'm not sure.

I don't think so. He's a freshman quarterback, right? who made some mistakes but also made some good plays. He gave us fits with those rollouts at times. Not totally a sunk-into-the-graveyard performance, even though we did win in the end. Granted, I haven't even looked at the stat sheet.

That's true, they were killing us with the bootleg. Thankfully they forgot to run it in the second half.