Bo Pelini's Quarterback Graveyard - 2014 Edition

Landlord

Danny Etling, Purdue, October 12, 2013 - 14/35 (40%) - 184 yards - 1 TD - 1 INT - 1 Safety (7 rushes for -50 yards)

(@ knapp - I don't see the harm in discrediting our performance based on the perceived caliber of opponent. If he goes on to be awful the rest of the season I might remove him retroactively, but I'm of the opinion that his poor performance was just as much if not more a result of our defense as it was his youth and inexperience.)

You're welcome to cheapen your brand as you choose. I'd put him in retroactively if he has a great season against everyone else, but that's just me.

EDIT - since he's in, I noticed that you've cited Safeties in other QB's "tombstones." Etling had that Gregory Safety.

• 3 weeks later...

Last year they were coupled together:

Trevor Siemian & Kain Colter, Northwestern, Oct. 20, 2012 - 16/37 (43.2%) - 121 yards - 2 TD - 0 INT

This year, Colter wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. I say they're in agian:

Colter: 4/8, 50%, 45 yards (5.6 ypa), 0 TDs, 0 INTs (fyi: coming into the game he was completing 81%)s

Siemian: 4/13, 31%, 36 yards (2.8 ypa), 0 TDs, 1 Pick Six

Last year they were coupled together:

Trevor Siemian & Kain Colter, Northwestern, Oct. 20, 2012 - 16/37 (43.2%) - 121 yards - 2 TD - 0 INT

This year, Colter wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. I say they're in agian:

Colter: 4/8, 50%, 45 yards (5.6 ypa), 0 TDs, 0 INTs (fyi: coming into the game he was completing 81%)s

Siemian: 4/13, 31%, 36 yards (2.8 ypa), 0 TDs, 1 Pick Six

I wouldn't feel comfortable marking Colter's grave this game considering he did beat us quite a few times with his legs. As for Siemian, absolutely

• Fire 1

Trevor Siemian & Kain Colter, Northwestern, Nov. 2, 2013 - 8/21 (38.1%) - 81 yards - 0 TD - 1 INT

Sorry guys, completely forgot to even check the numbers on these with all of the emotional fallout from the weekend. Don't remember if there was controversy over including them last year, but as their combined numbers were far worse this year, in they go.

R.I.P. Trevor & Kain.