Bo Pelini's Quarterback Graveyard - 2014 Edition

Landlord

What do we think about a quarterback going 30/59 with a 4.1 yard average?

We think it's takes FOREVER for the game to pass.

I was thinking that the whole game!! The first half took over 2 hours!! and the second was pretty close to the same

Yes and I lost 44 pounds through perspiration.

• 2 weeks later...

Should O'Toole be here as a senior back-up getting a start due to injury? O'Toole threw for 261 yds but had 3 INT, and Illini leaned on the passing game, as they only generated 78 yds on 28 attempts (2.78 ypa). Here are the numbers.

Reilly O'Toole, Sept 28, 2014 - 17/38 (44.7%) - 261 yards - 1 TD - 3 INT - Sacked 4 times (6 rushes) for -26 yards

Illini drives (# of drives and outcome)

15 Total

6 3-N-out

2 Punts after 18-20 yd drive

3 INT

2 TD

2 End half

Should O'Toole be here as a senior back-up getting a start due to injury? O'Toole threw for 261 yds but had 3 INT, and Illini leaned on the passing game, as they only generated 78 yds on 28 attempts (2.78 ypa). Here are the numbers.

Reilly O'Toole, Sept 28, 2014 - 17/38 (66.6%) - 261 yards - 1 TD - 3 INT - Sacked 4 times (6 rushes) for -26 yards

15 Total

6 3-N-out

3 INT

2 TD

2 End half

Last time I checked, 17/38 wasn't 2/3 haha. Don't which stat is wrong, your percentage or completions/attempts.

Reilly O'Toole, Sept 28, 2014 - 17/38 (66.6%) - 261 yards - 1 TD - 3 INT - Sacked 4 times (6 rushes) for -26 yards

15 Total

6 3-N-out

3 INT

2 TD

2 End half

Last time I checked, 17/38 wasn't 2/3 haha. Don't which stat is wrong, your percentage or completions/attempts.
Fixed it, thanks.

the sanctity of the qb graveyard was long ago compromised, so why not? pretty much any qb we beat ends up in here anyway.

The last sentence is quite a ways away from being accurate, but is there any specific reason you don't think O'Toole fits the criteria?

My own personal criteria for making the list breaks down like this

1. If they played like crap, and are or are likely to become NFL QBs, or very highly regarded college QBs.

2. Held to a completion percentage in the 40's or low 50's, or their lowest completion percentage of the season.

3. As many interceptions as touchdowns.

he was illinois' backup qb, a refugee from okie st. so... no sure if you could call him "highly regarded." in his 24 games before last night he had thrown 8 td's and 9 picks.

i liked this a lot better when the caliber of qb was an important component.

the sanctity of the qb graveyard was long ago compromised, so why not? pretty much any qb we beat ends up in here anyway.

The last sentence is quite a ways away from being accurate, but is there any specific reason you don't think O'Toole fits the criteria?

My own personal criteria for making the list breaks down like this

1. If they played like crap, and are or are likely to become NFL QBs, or very highly regarded college QBs.

2. Held to a completion percentage in the 40's or low 50's, or their lowest completion percentage of the season.

3. As many interceptions as touchdowns.

he was illinois' backup qb, a refugee from okie st. so... no sure if you could call him "highly regarded." in his 24 games before last night he had thrown 8 td's and 9 picks.

i liked this a lot better when the caliber of qb was an important component.

The caliber of QB is something I've always taken into consideration but I've explained in the past that I don't look for ALL of those criteria just some of them.

I think the time in your head when it was pure and only populated with the best of the best is imaginary.