Another thread about crowd noise and fans at the game

Landlord

How pathetic of a fan showing did we have today? At least there weren't any boos (that I could hear on tv) but my goodness, you couldn't hear anybody making any noise whatsoever besides the students on the television set; someone that was there, is that how it sounded live? I saw Bo even pleading to the crowd to make some noise - in the 4th quarter Northwestern had a 3rd or 4th down and they cut to a shot of a few older gentlemen sitting down looking around, seemingly oblivious to anything game-related.

GET OFF YOUR DADGUM REAR END AND MAKE SOME NOISE! And everyone that left with over 2 minutes left down 10? That's pathetic.

[/rant]

You know, at some point you need to do something on the field to give the fans something to yell about. And if Bo is worried about the crowd making noise....I think he's got way more important things to worry about than the crowd noise. I would think you would be much more irate about what went on on the field and on the sideline than the crowd.

• Fire 2

I was in the South end zone under the Northwestern crowd. It seemed like everyone was a bit apathetic. We were pretty loud when the defense was in there. Our offense played so poorly that I think it took the wind out of our sails.

I think it was the other way around. The offense would score and pull it close and all we needed was the defense to hold them and maybe our offense would get rolling. We get loud for the defense, and then they allow big plays.

I was in the South end zone under the Northwestern crowd. It seemed like everyone was a bit apathetic. We were pretty loud when the defense was in there. Our offense played so poorly that I think it took the wind out of our sails.

I think it was the other way around. The offense would score and pull it close and all we needed was the defense to hold them and maybe our offense would get rolling. We get loud for the defense, and then they allow big plays.

For almost 3 quarters our offense sucked. But yes, it was the other way around after that.

These types of performances against these types of teams have become a staple of the still young era of Bo Pelini. I think the crownd kinda sat on their hands a little when we went down 14-3, almost like we ALL knew what was happening, kinda like watching the same ole movie for the 100th time, while thinking "maybe, just maybe it will end well this time". But not and once again we piss one down the leg.

• Fire 1

I am not lucky enough to make it to the Husker games in person. Therefore I always think the crowd noise isn't loud enough while watching on the t.v. 85,000 fans should be able to create enough noise to disrupt the visiting team enough to make it difficult. If the gray hair numbers are like they were when I went to my last game in 94 then there are too many still in the stands. What can you do about it? Nothing as a fan, but as a team the Huskers can play good and give the fans something to make noise about. Winning would be nice.

I heard a former coach say this the other day and I think it holds some credence - if you don't think playing for Nebraska in front of 85,000 fans is enough motivation to play well, then you're at the wrong university.

I thought the crowd was really into it today mainly during the early parts. I've been impressed with the North Stadium especially the last two weeks when opposing teams are close down there. They stand up and go crazy, just like the students are all game.

Whether you agree with me or not, and in my humble opinion, it's the players' responsibility to make the crowd a factor, and that means not playing poorly against Northwestern. You'll notice the crowd was pretty excellent in the latter half of the tOSU game, and they were pretty darn good against MSU. It's naive to expect fans, especially our fans, to be crazy after performances like Saturday.