How does PSU's team react?

Win or loss just isnt on my mind in the middle in all of this. It's a shame for all the players who worked hard and did nothing wrong, on both teams, but this game is taking a back seat in everyone's mind. I hope we get a w, but it just doesnt matter anymore. This is just another incident that proves college sports and society as a hole is swirling down the toilet. Very depressing situation. What happened was sick, yes. But it's not something that happened last week and just hasnt "been handled yet". It was a 10 damn year cover up. Joe went to "superiors' (whoever that is, now that students are violently protesting he is penn st), but you would think he would follow up on it at some point? No. It was a cover up all the way. Sandusky charity was pre meditated access to mentally vulnerable kids and when he was caught, the cover up began. It just sickens me that this went on for 10 damn years. And now student (i know, a select few) out rolling over vehicles and such. What a way to show support, by vandalizing the hell out of property. Yes, you are penn st. Just a sickening situation.

It will be important for us to get off to a good start. PSU will come out fired up but it will be easy for them to lose heart, given the circumstances. I don't think the game plan will change this late in the week. If Bradley does this then PSU will lose big, for sure. Besides, Joe was more of a figurehead in the last couple of years than a coach.

I'm more interested how Bo Pelini gets his players head into this game, a week after he admitted failing to get his players head in the game.

I would like to see the Huskers execute cold-blooded, highly-focused stomping. Take the 'we can't win for losing' meme and play the single best game of the season.

I think this game is huge in terms of the coaches development. Bottom line since there will be a game, our team needs to do what they have to to win.

You know, when i heard Joe Pa was set to retire, i thought this is going to be a hell of a fight. But now that he has been fired, if i was a player on the Penn St. I would just be deflated and find it difficult to get motivated after my head coach was fired.

But you have to remember the situation with Frank Solich. He was canned at the end of the regular season and NU rallied in the Alamo Bowl under Bo as interim against Michigan St.

You know, when i heard Joe Pa was set to retire, i thought this is going to be a hell of a fight. But now that he has been fired, if i was a player on the Penn St. I would just be deflated and find it difficult to get motivated after my head coach was fired.

But you have to remember the situation with Frank Solich. He was canned at the end of the regular season and NU rallied in the Alamo Bowl under Bo as interim against Michigan St.

That was after a month though. and there was no dark clouds of scandal still looming

That was after a month though. and there was no dark clouds of scandal still looming

good point

But the players had the better part of a month to work through their emotions, get on the same page with Bo, and beat what was a decidedly mediocre (despite their inflated record) Michigan State team.

Here, the Penn State players have gone from "win one for the Gipper", to "the Gipper was fired for not sticking up for a ten year old boy that was 'gipped' in our showers".

BTN covered this last night, and they all agreed that the players have had little to no time to watch film or do much of anything, save through going through the motions (riding what is an emotional roller coaster) and beating the national (not just local) press off with a stick.

Conversely, our players admitted they were boning up on Penn State and Michigan last week, which led to the team taking Northwestern lightly. It was a calculated coaching risk that hasn't payed dividends immediately, but will pay out if we make it to the Big 10 Title Game. Don't think for a second that Dr. Tom was above overlooking lesser foes to try and get an extra week of study in against quality opponents, only to be bitten by that team that we overlooked.

I think we win this game, though Penn State will play above their pay grade for 1.5 quarters, before that emotion wears off, they become drained, and they realize they didn't prepare well.

they will probably come out "fired up" and very emotional. That can only take you so far. Nothing beats proper preperation and planning. The huskers need to get through the first quarter and then pound the piss out of them. We really need to step up on defense and play like we did against MSU.

I look for a husker victory by 8 points ( I hope)

I'm not buying the "we overlooked Northwestern" argument.

We did in the first half, when we were clearly the better team but still trailing 7 - 3. That should have been plenty of wake-up call for any team.

Then when we came out in the second half, Northwestern was clearly the better team.

9 games into the season you know what you need to do. When a team comes out AFTER halftime with even less intensity, that's on the coach.