Consider this. The BCS can only take a maximum of two teams from one conference. There are 5 BCS bowls including the title game. So let's do some figuring shall we.

5 bowls X 2 teams each = 10 total BCS teams

SEC - 2 teams (we can almost assume LSU and Ala. will be these two teams)

Big 12 - it is very likely that 2 Big 12 teams are taken seeing that OSU is still undefeated and that OU only has one loss

Pac 12 - Also very likely for the BCS to take 2 teams (Oregon and Stanford)

So far that's 6 teams, 4 left

The ACC, Big Ten & Big East all will at least have one representative team in a BCS bowl (their conference champion), which leaves 1 team left.

We can assume outside of the Big East Champion, the BE won't have any other programs in a BCS bowl. This leaves the question, who takes that final spot?

Most likely it's a bidding contest between the 2nd place ACC team, the 2nd place Big Ten team, Houston (yes, I said Houston) or Boise State. Fortunately Boise State did lose to TCU. They have a very low SOS and they're at the disadvantage of not being in a BCS conference (which is extremely important to BCS voters).

Houston would probably need to lose to SMU or Tulsa for them not to be picked.

If Houston loses, it'll probably come down to the ACC's #2 and the Big Ten's #2.

Whoever is 2nd in the ACC (Clemson or VT) will have at least 2 losses, including a very late one from losing their conference championship game, which would drop them in the polls while moving Nebraska up. Also remember, Clemson still has South Carolina on their schedule (which could be a loss and therefore they could potentially have 3 losses at this point).

Even further, the BCS has a bias towards the Big Ten. So who is the Big Ten's #2? Michigan State right? Maybe not. Such a late loss in their season may push them below Nebraska, especially because Nebraska beat MSU and MSU would have 3 losses while Nebraska would only have 2.

Even further, these BCS voters will take into account traveling fan base and TV interest. Nebraska would be very high for both of these factors, not only because of their name brand, but also because of their large national fan base.

Therefore if Nebraska wins out, they still may have a decent chance in making a BCS bowl... If Houston loses.

Well the chances of getting by Michigan at their house is slim at best as I see it. They have found another QB I think that runs and passes. Spells danger and disaster for brothers Pelini.

We really do not want any part of a BCS level team,

Yeah, because we didn't beat washington, penn state, ohio state, and mich state...therefore we are not a goon enough team to take on a "bcs level team." People like you severely annoy me. I am sure that you were sure that we were going to lose to mich state and penn state as well. Have some confidence in your team. When we are on our A game we can compete with any team in the country.

• Fire 3

Well the chances of getting by Michigan at their house is slim at best as I see it. They have found another QB I think that runs and passes. Spells danger and disaster for brothers Pelini.

Yeah, because we didn't beat washington, penn state, ohio state, and mich state...therefore we are not a goon enough team to take on a "bcs level team." People like you severely annoy me. I am sure that you were sure that we were going to lose to mich state and penn state as well. Have some confidence in your team. When we are on our A game we can compete with any team in the country.

I think he's saying a team that makes a BCS bowl game. Those teams other than MSU will not make a BCS game. And as far as that goes, I want no part of OSU, Oregon, LSU, Bama, or Clemson. Stanford would be a good game. They have a good offense, but so good of a defense. Big East is the Big East and anyone should beat the team they put through. VT would make for a good game and some revenge from '08 and '09.

I think he's saying a team that makes a BCS bowl game.

I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what skers was saying. It annoyed me too. I'd rather us get into a BCS game and lose than go to a crappy bowl. I think we can compete too, if we don't have a NW-type game.

I agree with you.

The ten BCS slots should go to the ten best teams, and we have not shown that we are amongst the ten best.

We were blown out by Wisconsin, then lost to a bad Northwestern team.

We beat Ohio State, because they lost their starting quarterback.

And we beat mediocre Penn State and Washington teams.

By far our best game was against Michigan State, but we have not been able to reproduce that effort since.

I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what skers was saying. It annoyed me too. I'd rather us get into a BCS game and lose than go to a crappy bowl. I think we can compete too, if we don't have a NW-type game.

Neither the Citrus nor Outback are crappy bowl games.

But if we go there and play Georgia, it could be a BCS-ugly loss.

To me our best chance is to win out, NOT qualify for the CCG and hopefully we climb high enough(with some help) in the polls to be the in top 12. Since Oregon beat Stanford it pretty much assured the pac-12 getting 2 teams into the BCS now. In the BigTen everybody has 2 losses so it pretty save to assume that the CCG loser wont get a BCS at large.

I have been looking at some early projections this morning...... we are slotted anywhere from the Capital One Bowl to the Insight Bowl(playing either KState or Baylor). Yikes!!!!!

Boise will not be getting a bid with one loss to an unranked TCU. Not gonna happen unless a ton of 2 loss teams lose (from ACC, Big10...)

We could beat a Big East team. Of course if this were 2012 we'd have a better chance of sneaking into a BCS game with the Big East automatic bid gone (assuming WV, Pitt, and Syracuse are allowed to leave in 2012)....

I love bowl season, especially this whole "projection" time.....

Here is my take:

1. We are not going to a BCS unless we win out and MSU loses and we win CCG.... and unfortunately, I am not sure how well we would fair

2. If we win out and finish 10-2..... Capital One Bowl

3. If we split and finish 9-3.... then it is a toss up between Outback or Gator.... The Outback bowl will not follow "order of finish" and pick Nebraska because they will finally have a chance to get "new blood" and will love the fan base.

4. If we drop both and finish 8-4..... then we likely get an Insight invitation to play K-State or Mizzou..... But, because NO ONE would want to go to Tempe to pay a Big 12 team, the Insight may pass on NU and then we drop to TicketCity Bowl in Dallas.

** As long as we don't drop both games, we will be vacationing in Florida. By the way, the Outback and Capitol One Bowls are NOT crappy !!!!