Feeling about Nw loss 2 weeks Later

JOEY

I shrugged off the Northwestern loss relatively quickly, was not overally upset and was pretty optimistic about us still having a chance of getting into B1G Championship game. But man this loss looks and feels even worse 2 weeks later now seeing that we have to rely on (0-6)(1-9) Indiana or (2-4)(5-5) Northwestern to save our B1G Championship hopes. I'm no way trying to be a negative Nancy but man I thought that Iowa had a coin toss chance of beating Michgan state seeing that MSU has not beat Iowa @ Iowa since 1989. Really awesome how we can lose to an unranked team with a losing record at home and then how we can beat #12 Penn state in their house on the road under all the circumstances surrounding the program. .... Looks like we will all be cheerleaders and be forced into supporting the purple kitties on the last game of their season.. LOL because we all know that Indiana has no chance in hell of beating Sparty.

I'm still irritated, as well. As I was watching NW prepare to mount another unlikely assault on our endzone, I mentioned to my GF that there are only two people on that team that can really beat us- Colter and Ebert. I jokingly asked her if I should call Bo at memorial stadium a few miles away and tell him this so he could double team the S**. A couple plays later, Ebert is running his ass off after receiving a pass with no one within 6 yards of him. 81 yard soul-killing play.

I know they had a great running drive, and we should have stopped it, too. How we stop Cousins and Cunningham one week and look like every bit of a top 5 team, then forget to double team the top NW guys the next week is beyond me. Did they not watch any NW films? It's the same crap every 3rd down. Stop 2 guys and they can't beat you.

And, yes, IU has no chance in hell. NW might do it, otherwise, I think we'd all be happy with a solid 10-2, no coin toss CCG, and prayers of an at-large BCS. In my opinion, we'll deserve it, and very possibly get it, if we can beat Michigan and Iowa at home. If we can manage this, the bowl itself shouldn't be a big problem, given that the really dangerous teams (1-6) will be safely tucked away in the top tier BCS bowls.

On the other hand Nebraska seems to play better when they are ranked lower in the polls and are the "underdog." Who knows how psychologically prepared for the Penn State game they would've been if they were ranked 7th. I honestly think they might have lost because they would have felt more invincible. If Bo can figure this out in future seasons then he'll have solved his teams' biggest weakness.

Not too worried about it, we are 8-2. Could be 9-2 after this Saturday. If we end up 8-3, we can be 9-3 after playing Iowa, and 10-3 after a bowl game. That means another at least 9 win season. I have learned over the years that yes, losses suck, but I have gotten a lot better handling the losses. On the bright side, we lost by only 3 in the end. I think the biggest challenge was who we lost to. If we were 9-1, then lost to Michigan, would we have handled being 9-2 at that point? One constant this season is proving is that 17-14 is as much a win as other teams winning 62-7. Sure the points are different, but a win is a win.

We could still possibly end up being ranked inside the top 10 at the end of the regular season, which would put us squarely into contention for an at-large BCS bid. The B1G title would be the real prize, but going 10-2 in the regular season (which is still counting the proverbial chickens before they're hatched) would be a pretty great accomplishment considering how rough our schedule really is this season.

Winning these next two would feel amazing, even if Michigan State doesn't lose out to Northwestern. And they won't.

Obviously I would much rather get a shot at the B1G championship, but it might work out in our favor to bypass playing Wiscy in the championship and sneak in for an at large bid. I think Wiscy matches up way to well against us for us to have a shot at beating them this year.

Like I said, not what I would prefer, but things could still work out for us. As long as we win out.

I shrugged off the Northwestern loss relatively quickly, was not overally upset and was pretty optimistic about us still having a chance of getting into B1G Championship game.

I figured we were done at that point and I still think we are. Michigan State has a really easy schedule down the stretch and when we lost that game I knew we were done. It will take a miracle for Northwestern or Indiana to beat Michigan State. The only thing we have going for us is Michigan State has to play at Northwestern, and they are usually worse on the road. But we still have to beat Michigan at Ann Arbor and that's the toughest game any of us have remaining.

I shrugged off the Northwestern loss relatively quickly, was not overally upset and was pretty optimistic about us still having a chance of getting into B1G Championship game.

I figured we were done at that point and I still think we are. Michigan State has a really easy schedule down the stretch and when we lost that game I knew we were done. It will take a miracle for Northwestern or Indiana to beat Michigan State. The only thing we have going for us is Michigan State has to play at Northwestern, and they are usually worse on the road. But we still have to beat Michigan at Ann Arbor and that's the toughest game any of us have remaining.

Nortwestern will hang with Michigan State at least until the 3rd quarter. Michigan State will likely win. I say we have a 20% chance Michigan State loses.

Win or lose, I want us to end up 10-2. We could still get into a BCS bowl and that would be definitely be a mark of progress for our team in Bo's 4th year.