Joe Paterno diagnosed with lung cancer

darkhorse85

I know he's not the most loved person out there at the moment but I would never wish cancer on anyone. Even if it is very treatable.

Link

Mods, didn't see this anywhere else, if I overlooked something please delete or merge to another thread if need be.

Edit: And if a mod wants to fix my typo in the title that would be great too. "Caner"? :facepalm:

It's just about the most deadly form of cancer there is I had a friend who died of it a few years ago. The doctors said that through chemo and radiation they can usually "knock it down" for about six months, but after that all bets were off. He died 13 months after being diagnosed.

Could it be a fake diagnoses? Would they actually go that low? The first thing I thought of when I read "treatable" lung cancer was that it just a disguise as there is no form of lung cancer that has an "excellant" prognosis

... Really? Fake lung cancer? That's a little far from even remotely reasonable...

I highly doubt they are faking the cancer. I would be less surprised if they were planning on keeping it private in their family until after the season.

Even if it were treatable. This is an 85 yeah old that just got told he can't do what he lived for anymore. I can't see him being much of a "fighter" its only a matter of time.

I actually think the administration knew he had lung cancer prior to everything going down the past couple of weeks with the intention of JoePa and the administration using this as a means for him to retire after the season. Now that he's no longer the coach, there's no real need to keep it under wraps.

cancer is obviously always tragic, but this coming out now is incredible timing.

that's what i'm saying. The timing is impeccable

i know, but i do not think they would fake a diagnosis. what they might do, like huskerfaninokieland said, is withhold the diagnosis and now reveal it for whatever reason.