What Did We Learn???

walksalone

We lose 2 players on defense, our best 2, but only 2. I don't count Cassidy.

Offense we lose 4. Kinnie hasn't done much all year but Caputo and our 2 tackles hurt a little. I think we will be in good shape IMO

We lose our 3 best players on defense, technically... Crick is gone for good too...

I think we should be pretty salty on offense as long as we can build more depth on the OL...

Well didn't count him since he's been hurt for a while. All teams lose good players, need people to step in and for what we lose we should be alright.

Cant some of you just be happy that we won. Its flippin pathetic with some of you.

That's right. If you can't be a 100% sunshine pumper with everything that you say, you're not welcome around this place. Forget about giving your honest opinion or any critique that might be interpreted as being the SLIGHTEST bit negative in any way. Those of you that do that obviously aren't TRUE Husker fans......

1. Something was not right with T-Mart throwing the ball today

2. Kenny Bell is going to be an animal in a couple years

3. The Defense has atoned some for last weeks debacle

4. Rex is just not human

5. We may have to earn the calls in the B1G

Gee genius, I wonder who threw those balls to Bell? I suppose all his drops this year were our qb's problem too, right?

Same old....same thing.

Number 1 and 2 are not mutually exclusive. Taylor had some pretty poor throws that are normally no problem for him and he got lucky at least two of them weren't picked off. Great touch on the TD pass to Reed but had several passes come up way short. Bell made good catches today; the diving grab across the middle today was outstanding.

We learned that we have developed the ability to grind out long, time-consuming drives against good teams. Early in the year one of the biggest gripes about this team was its reliance on "the big play." Feast or famine, 60-yard score or 3-and-out. No more. Today's TD drives were 15-plays, 65 yards and another of 10 plays, 80 yards. Combined, those drives lasted more than ten minutes.

• Fire 1

I have to agree with the OP - Taylor wasn't at the top of his game. I thought it was a below-average performance for him, based on what we've seen during the meat of the conference schedule. But with a little luck, he avoided turnovers, and was effective enough managing the game that we could rely on Rex.

Retracting this statement, since Taylor apparently got hurt in the first quarter and couldn't run the rest of the game...

Instead, we apparently learned that Taylor can injure his ankle, and a year later we still have so little confidence in our backup that we ask Taylor to play hurt.

I learned that Carnes is not capable of taking a single snap...

^^This^^

Apparently just like last year Martinez will need to actually have a limb torn off leaving a bloody stump for him to come out the game, ever. The Carnes thing must have some back story that they won't talk about for some reason.