Proposed Changes for Next Year . . .

Just out of curiosity what would be a successful season to all you "fans"?

To be in the National title hunt at the end. Losing is fine,getting blown out is flat ass sucks. Granted the blow outs fell on the players,not the coaches. Northwestern game i was doing a national interview and missed the first 3 quaters of the game. But when I walked in to wqatch the game it looked like Northwestern was just flat ass beating Nebraska that day. That loss was fine. You have days like that. It happens. But I remember the 80s. Not one national title,but how many times did Nebraska play for one? 3 or 4? Also I think we put way to much stock in coming to Nebraska now. It is cold and miserable during the winters and alot of overcast. Then again how does Oklahoma still do it? So I geuss in hind sight none of us have the answers for how to correct the problems right now. I say find peter brother types. ( They were pure a$$hole$ in public) Tyronne hughes types. Another flat ass prick that I honestly hope is panhandling for change wherever he lives. Find lawrence phillips types. Also remember 87% of nfl players go bankrupt after finishing their professional carreers. Obviously a college degree, does not give you common sense on how to manage money.

I do agree that we need to get Jamal on the field. He was leading in receiving yards (or maybe receptions) for a majority of the year and HE WASN'T EVEN PLAYING FOR ALOT OF IT! Yeah, maybe he isn't the best blocker, but he would excel on screens, sweeps, and RECEIVING the ball (the main job of a WR). Get him on the damn field.

I do not agree that Martinez needs to be replaced. What do people want from him? I don't understand. I would have liked to see him utilized in the run game a bit more this year, but to pull him because he is "vanilla"? Really? Many here was bitching when he was busting out 80 yard runs and not managing the offense down the field. Now he is managing the offense well, not making dumb mistakes, and now everyone wants him to bust out 80 yard runs. Haha.

As I said, I would have liked to see him utilized in the run game a bit more, but the thing about Martinez is he always keep defenses weary because of his speed. His passing and decision making have improved greatly since last year, and I don't think he has reached his peak like many have said.

One thing I would like to see next year is a more consistent lineup. I know there was some depth lacking from many of the positions, but I have always believed if the same players play in practice and in games together week in and week out, this will provide a comfort level with each other and perhaps more consistent play. Specifically, I am talking about the lines on both sides of the ball and also the secondary. Hopefully the team will be able to accomplish this next season.

We need better line play on both sides of the ball. I thought our D-line would dominate this year. We ended up 66th in the nation in rushing defense. Not good enough. No way we should be outside the top 20 in that stat. Our O-line actually did better than expected. But there's PLENTY of room for improvement. We averaged about 4.75 yds per carry. We should be up around 5.5 or so. At least. Sure, .75 yd doesn't sound like much. But over the course of a season that would have been huge.

1) Blitz like Clemson never saw coming Bo's first year.

2) Turner must play somewhere!

3) Carnes needs to see the field as well. Doesn't have to be important, but he needs to be involved.

4) Rex needs 20 carries every conference game. (Doesn't matter if he gets no yards every time, which I doubt.)

5) Let some of our other young backs get involved in the passing game. (They got the moves in space we need.)

6) Find some game changing linebackers to fill David's metaphorically huge shoes.