Ohio State officially interviewed Pelini for job

Nexus

With flat denials from both Pelini and TO, I think it's safe to say this Rapp guy was "spicing-up" his account of Urban's hire with the Bo side-note. You would see non-denial denials if Bo and Osborne were simply trying to downplay it, similar to the Miami stories last year. Unless Bo is totally lying to the press and Osborne, which I highly doubt, you wouldn't see such a strong dismissal of the story. As pointed-out earlier, Rapp bailing on the USC show is also telling. Sounds like he didn't expect to get this much scrutiny of his story when he wrote it last week.

People tend to bottom-line things and that is, of course, to be expected. That said, assessing how a coach is doing from simply looking at a record --- a record that includes non-conference games against mostly patsies, no less --- is not a complete enough assessment. If record and record alone is the metric, then we should at least look only at conference-level record + bowls. By that measure, Bo has won 67% of his games. That is... OK. Not bad. Not good if the standard is to be nationally significant. But not bad either. I think that those who state that a 67% winning record in conference play+ bowls would not cut it at major programs are correct. If one were to look at the NU record against ranked teams... that would be... well humbling..

At Bama, Ohio State, USC, LSU, Boise State, Michigan, Oklahoma, Oregon, etc. such a record would not settle well. Texas, you would have to think, must be re-evaluating their coaching staff by now. Does NU aspire to be among that elite a crowd? If so, then the 67% winning percentage (w/o a sustained trend heading upwards) should not settle well.

Since I know you like Bo so much lets take it a step further. I mean...each conference has a bunch of real sh*tty schools. You know easy wins. So I'm sure thats probably 70% of the schools in the conference. So we can rule out those wins. That leaves just the losses or the 30% that are just good teams better than us. So really Bo has a losing record. And the extra 3% is when a crappy team upset us. Bo sucks.

Man...how stupid is your logic??

• Fire 1

anyone else get tired of hearing Bo interviewing for any position he can? I am tired of his talk of loyalty and bothers, and yet he does this crap. I wanted to give Bo more time to shine, but this is just BS. I hope TO just fires him.

Any position he can? There's a rumor he talked to Miami, but the reality of that discussion is it was more friend-to-friend than "I want that job." Now we have flat denials that he ever interviewed for the Buckeye job, and the one guy promulgating that story is backing off. In fact, when Bo called him to discuss it, he REALLY backed off. I can just imagine how that call went.

So how does one conversation with a buddy and one false rumor equate to "any position he can?" I'm not seeing it.

anyone else get tired of hearing Bo interviewing for any position he can? I am tired of his talk of loyalty and bothers, and yet he does this crap. I wanted to give Bo more time to shine, but this is just BS. I hope TO just fires him.

Any position he can? There's a rumor he talked to Miami, but the reality of that discussion is it was more friend-to-friend than "I want that job." Now we have flat denials that he ever interviewed for the Buckeye job, and the one guy promulgating that story is backing off. In fact, when Bo called him to discuss it, he REALLY backed off. I can just imagine how that call went.

So how does one conversation with a buddy and one false rumor equate to "any position he can?" I'm not seeing it.

Are you 100% Bo had no interest in the Miami job whatsoever?

It would not shock me if Bo is being "encouraged" to interview for other opportunities.

Bo Pelini told LJS Steve Sipple that the rumors everyone is buzzing about are TOTALLY BOGUS!!! Kevin Kugler on 1620 the Zone just shared this. Hopefully, it will be in the paper tonight.

So! Bo is here to stay! Bo says there is no truth to these rumors whatsoever!!!

http://my.journalsta...es_report_.html

Hey I didn't see it posted anywhere in this thread so I thought I should mention that Sipple tweeted that Bo has denied talking to OSU...

That's because Pelini didn't talk to them, but likely his agent did. That's how coaches can skirt the lie factor, they utilize their agent to start the discussions.

No offense but if you're going to make a statement like that I would appreciate it if you had something to back it up. Otherwise, you're just as bad as the writer from Ohio State that sensationalized his story just to get more people to read it. Of course that guy backed out of talking with Bo, talking with USC his story was BOGUS!

Are you 100% Bo had no interest in the Miami job whatsoever?

Me: Yes. Do you have proof otherwise?

You: Of course I can't show you proof - I can't link to conversations I've had.

Me: Then we are at an impasse.

You: I'm afraid so. I can't prove that it happened, and you can't prove that it didn't.

Me: You're that sure?

You: Yes.

Me: Really. In that case, I challenge you to a battle of wits.

And so on and so forth. Suddenly we're discussing land wars in Asia and someone's dead from iocane powder. We've all read this script.

• Fire 5