Bo is Probably Relieved that Carl Is Gone . . .

Your threads are ridiculous.

. . . but they are entertaining, right? Ha, ha.

No. They're wildly speculative based on nothing more than your own personal assumptions and feelings. I get the whole "it's an online forum to discuss Husker football" deal but come on. If you're going to start new threads please bring something worthwhile to the table and try to base it on some factual evidence.

One thing to recognize is this... it is a competitive world out there in general, and, in particular, they do not give away head coaching positions to anyone. That Carl Pelini is being courted by FAU (and potentially will go there) does mean this --- Carl must have positive attributes that the FAU people see, recognize, and desire.

When I said earlier that it is not wise to hire a relative, that was based upon general principle --- I cannot imagine anyone successfully arguing against that general rule --- it was not an indictment against Carl in any way. We cannot really tell just how good (or not good) Carl is as a coach --- too many variables factor in to isolate the one variable (Carl's coaching ability) to say much of anything. But, FAU seems to be suitably impressed and that is to Carl's credit.

So... if Carl stays lets wish him well... if he goes to FAU... lets wich him well there too.

I dont think that Bo is relieved at all and here is why.

1. Carl has been a good recruiter and was responsible in bringing in quite a few players. Going to be hard to replace that, and it will have to be done quickly in order to build a relationship with the players that were recruited this year by Carl.

2. Bo now has to find another coach to fill the staff. Is that person already identified? If not, now Bo has to take time that should be devoted to bowl game prep and focus on finding a replacement.

like the old saying goes, sometimes it is cheaper to keep her, but sometimes you just have to let the bitch go

I dont think that Bo is relieved at all and here is why.

1. Carl has been a good recruiter and was responsible in bringing in quite a few players. Going to be hard to replace that, and it will have to be done quickly in order to build a relationship with the players that were recruited this year by Carl.

2. Bo now has to find another coach to fill the staff. Is that person already identified? If not, now Bo has to take time that should be devoted to bowl game prep and focus on finding a replacement.

like the old saying goes, sometimes it is cheaper to keep her, but sometimes you just have to let the bitch go

Not sure whether Bo is relieved or not (and have no way of knowing... not that knowing such has relevance to anything, anyway). And, I am not sure about that last statement (even what you were hedging towards with that). But...

the two enumerated points sure make sense to me. Those two points define the trade-off difficulties associated with a coaching change (which, if I am not mistaken, may... or may not... even be taking place --- am I not correct in that we really do not know if Carl is leaving at all?)

If we do have a coach (or two) leave, yes... the two points you posted are numbered among the short-term implications of the switch --- and they constitute a challenge to be sure.