Official Bowl Schedule Thread.

can't wait to see Wisconsin and Oregon in the Rose Bowl, Chip Kelly is almost as excited as I am, should be a great match up...

wtf, did chip kelly really say were gonna go drink some dr.pepper and mail our xmas cards with ups? i didnt watch the game, and if he did, then that is the weirdest post game speech ever.

Not much of an Oregon fan, but Chip Kelly is pretty awesome. He's almost as good as Tom Osborne at making subversive comments like that.

Gator Bowl

Ohio State vs. Florida - Jan 2 1:00pm - ESPN2

Ha ha! The Urban Meyer Bowl.

And hey, What happened to the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl? How can we have a bowl season without the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl?

can't wait to see Wisconsin and Oregon in the Rose Bowl, Chip Kelly is almost as excited as I am, should be a great match up...

wtf, did chip kelly really say were gonna go drink some dr.pepper and mail our xmas cards with ups? i didnt watch the game, and if he did, then that is the weirdest post game speech ever.

I watched the game, and yes, the post game speech video was EXACTLY what he said on tv, I posted on another board "wtf, did Chip Kelly just pimp Dr. Pepper and UPS...?", that was hilarious...

Maybe I am out of the loop, but since when have they stopped playing games on the 1st? I thought the Rose Bowl was always on the 1st... or are they doing this because that is NFL Sunday?

All the New Years Day games are on the 2nd this year due to the NFL games :(

I am boycotting the B©S championship game. It was bad enough when LSU won with two losses, and Florida won two one-loss championships. Now, no one else in the country is worthy to even play in the game? I call shenanigans.

Who are you going to put in there instead? I really don't want to see Okie State's 60th ranked defense take on LSU's 12th ranked offense. Gundy can rant all he wants about watching a NC game in the single digits as it stands now or one in the 30's if Okie State got in there. I highly doubt Okie State would put up more than single digits on LSU. However, I could see a lot pick 6's coming from Okie State. This is one instance where the BCS got it right. Everyone saying otherwise should start a playoff petition.

ACC gets an at large??? Hate to say it but K-State might have gotten screwed.... Was the Big 12 really that bad this year?? Can't say I paid any attention. ;)

Nah its just because the ACC is clearly the better conference.

Incidentally, the ACC just signed large television contract with ESPN.

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

ESPN's Mark Schlabach ranked the bowl games. Here are the B1G games:

3. The Rose Bowl Game presented by VIZIO

No. 5 Oregon vs. No. 10 Wisconsin

Jan. 2, 5 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Two of the country's best running backs -- Oregon's LaMichael James and Wisconsin's Montee Ball -- will lead their teams into the Rose Bowl. Both teams will try to avenge deflating losses in their last trips to the Granddaddy of Them All. The Badgers lost to TCU 21-19 in last season's Rose Bowl; the Ducks fell to Ohio State 26-17 in 2010.

4. Allstate Sugar Bowl

No. 11 Virginia Tech vs. No. 13 Michigan

Jan. 3, 8:30 p.m. ET (ESPN)

The Hokies probably don't deserve to be in New Orleans after getting flattened by Clemson 38-10 in Saturday's ACC championship game. But if the Hokies can put that disaster behind them, the Sugar Bowl might be a very entertaining game. It's always fun watching Wolverines quarterback Denard Robinson play, and Hokies tailback David Wilson is a very explosive player with more than 1,600 rushing yards.

7. Capital One Bowl

No. 9 South Carolina vs. No. 20 Nebraska

Jan. 2, 1 p.m. ET (ESPN)

The Gamecocks managed to win 10 games in a season for only the second time in school history, despite losing starting quarterback Stephen Garcia and tailback Marcus Lattimore. The Cornhuskers went 9-3 in their first season in the Big Ten. Nebraska handed South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier perhaps his most humbling defeat: The Huskers beat his Gators 62-24 in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl.

9. Outback Bowl

No. 17 Michigan State vs. No. 16 Georgia

Jan. 2, 1 p.m. ET (ABC)

The Bulldogs and Spartans suffered deflating losses in their respective conference championship games, which knocked them out of BCS bowl games. But UGA won 10 of its last 11 games; MSU won at least 10 games for the second season in a row. The Spartans need to show up mentally after getting routed 49-7 by Alabama in the Capital One Bowl last season.

10. TicketCity Bowl

No. 19 Houston vs. No. 22 Penn State

Jan. 2, Noon ET (ESPNU)

It will be a classic showdown of offense versus defense. Cougars quarterback Case Keenum threw for 5,099 yards with 45 touchdowns this season. Penn State's defense ranked No. 5 nationally in pass defense (162.2 yards per game) and scoring defense (15.7 points). The Nittany Lions allowed only nine touchdown passes in 12 games.

11. Insight Bowl

No. 14 Oklahoma vs. Iowa

Dec. 30, 10 p.m. ET (ESPN)

The Sooners aren't the same team that started the 2011 season ranked No. 1, after losing star receiver Ryan Broyles and tailback Dominique Whaley and losing two of their last three games. The Hawkeyes went 7-5, including a 24-16 upset of Michigan. OU and Iowa have played one previous time, with the Sooners winning 21-6 in the 1979 opener. The Hawkeyes had a freshman safety named Bob Stoops.

14. Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl

Ohio State vs. Florida

Jan. 2, 1 p.m. ET (ESPN2)

Urban Meyer's old team (Florida) takes on his new team (Ohio State). OSU interim coach Luke Fickell will coach the Buckeyes in the bowl game, after leading his alma mater to a 6-6 record after replacing the fired Jim Tressel. The 6-6 Gators probably won't need any motivation to beat Meyer's new team, even if he won't be on the sideline.

18. Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas

Texas A&M vs. Northwestern

Dec. 31, Noon ET (ESPN)

The Wildcats and Aggies both finished 6-6. Northwestern hasn't won a bowl game since the 1949 Rose Bowl. The Aggies don't have a coach after Mike Sherman was fired. If Texas A&M had closed games out, Sherman would probably still have a job. The Aggies blew five halftime leads of 10 points or more and a nine-point lead against rival Texas. The Meineke Car Care Bowl lasts for four quarters, too.

31. Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl

Illinois vs. UCLA

Dec. 31, 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPN)

The classifieds section might have sponsored this bowl game in San Francisco. Both teams are looking for coaches, after the Illini fired Ron Zook and the Bruins fired Rick Neuheisel. Illinois started 6-0 and was ranked as high as No. 16 before losing its last six games. The Bruins appealed to the NCAA to play in the postseason with a 6-7 record.

33. Little Caesar's Bowl

Western Michigan vs. Purdue

Dec. 27, 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Will the Boilermakers be able to slow down the Broncos' high-powered offense? If not, we might see an upset at Ford Field in Detroit. Broncos quarterback Alex Carder threw for 3,251 yards with 28 touchdowns. Receiver Jordan White leads FBS players with 127 catches for 1,646 yards and he's second in the country with 16 touchdown receptions.

http://espn.go.com/c...ollege-football

I didn't notice last night how badly Mizzou got screwed...their record was the same or better than Texas, Aggy, and ISU, they beat all of them, and they were still passed up by every Big 12 bowl. So now they fill a tie in normally set for the MWC.

Yep, gotta love the big12. Have 3 teams that finished below you in the standings, and you beat head to head all go infront of you leaving no conference bowls left. Took it on the chin when we were "proud members" I expected nothing different now that we are leaving. :lol: