DC Candidates?

I really hope Bo goes out and gets an already established defensive coordinator. The "growing into the job" thing is already happening at far too many coaching positions on both the offense and defense. We need an established coach.

That being said, I don't see this happening. Bo will either give a position coach a raise or go out again and get one of his "high school" buddies.

He might make a quick hire. You'd think Carl would have given him a decent heads up on this two or three weeks ago at least. Being his brother and all.

I really hope Bo goes out and gets an already established defensive coordinator. The "growing into the job" thing is already happening at far too many coaching positions on both the offense and defense. We need an established coach.

That being said, I don't see this happening. Bo will either give a position coach a raise or go out again and get one of his "high school" buddies.

He might make a quick hire. You'd think Carl would have given him a decent heads up on this two or three weeks ago at least. Being his brother and all.

In Carl's presser today at FAU, he said he'd been looking at head coaching jobs for the past 6 weeks, so that puts it around the time we played Minnesota.

In Carl's presser today at FAU, he said he'd been looking at head coaching jobs for the past 6 weeks, so that puts it around the time we played Minnesota.

All the more reason for a quick announcement. It would be nice if Bo would get somebody in time to still help out with recruiting this year.

All the more reason for a quick announcement. It would be nice if Bo would get somebody in time to still help out with recruiting this year.

This. A proven DC might help sway some of those on edge.

If we promote Papuchis, what duties is he going to drop? He can't continue to wear so many hats, and the bigger the title he wears the less other duties he's going to have time for.

Maybe promoting him out of recruiting will change our philosophy to a year-'round recruiting cycle rather than this on-again/off-again stuff we've been doing.

Why does Ekeler's name keep popping up? No way in hell. There's a better chance that monkeys will come flying out of Lil Red's butt than for that to happen.

Why? He is a great coach.

He should have used those great coaching skills to mold more than 1 or 2 good linebackers his entire time here.

He did a great job with Dillard. Fisher & Compton both won Big12 Fr Honors while he was here. Rememeber we only played 2 LB's while he was here & his recruits were for another defensive scheme. Gomes played the Peso while he was here not sure if that was his guy or Sanders. You can't blame this yrs poor LB play on him when he was not the coach this yr. (Except David he played amazing)

Actually I liked how our linebackers progressed this season. Whaley and Compton. Haven't really seen much of that around here in quite some time. I don't really have anything against Ekeler, just wasn't overly impressed with him. One could argue that the strength and conditioning staff had more of an impact on Dillard than anyone. The talent was always there, he was just too out of shape for most of his career.

Larry Johnson Sr. has been with Penn State since 1996. No doubt he is a great coach and a great recruiter but will there be any backlash for hiring someone so closely associated with the Jerry Sandusky scandal? I'm not saying he or the other coaches knew what was going on, but will that keep him from getting a big-time job elsewhere?

Larry Johnson Sr. has been with Penn State since 1996. No doubt he is a great coach and a great recruiter but will there be any backlash for hiring someone so closely associated with the Jerry Sandusky scandal? I'm not saying he or the other coaches knew what was going on, but will that keep him from getting a big-time job elsewhere?

I had that same concern. I think that's reason enough to stay far away from him, no matter how good he is. There are a LOT of good coaches out there.

I had that same concern. I think that's reason enough to stay far away from him, no matter how good he is. There are a LOT of good coaches out there.

Agreed. That whole situation is/was toxic and I think anyone associated with it will have a hard time moving on to bigger and better things. Can you imagine Bo having to answer questions about what Johnson could have possibly known?

Please not JP, he hasn't done a good job with our D-line this year. Maybe due to injures but still

I think JP is taking on too much between overseeing DL, ST & RC. Add to the fact this was his first year taking over the whole DL unit alone. Before he was only responsible for DE. Then his wife gave birth a week or two before the Wisconsin game. I realize coaches can compartmentalize their lives between home & work, but that is an awful lot to be taking on alone.