DC Candidates?

I don't know if this has been brought up at all or not, but I'm going to say it anyways. I like Stoops from a recruiting perspective too. With Urban at OSU, we are going to need more helping pulling kids from Ohio. Stoops can do that. And look at how heavy we are over in the Arizona area. Again, Stoops can help there too. I think he is a good fit.

So can Bo-he's from Ohio too as is Beck. Carl is from Ohio too. So we don't need Stoops to recruit kids from Ohio. Bo can do that (and has-look at our roster-lots of kids from Ohio) all by his lonesome :)

However, I like the idea of Stoops here too. It would be fun!

The head coach doesn't do nearly as much recruiting as the assistants. Especially Bo.

I don't know if this has been brought up at all or not, but I'm going to say it anyways. I like Stoops from a recruiting perspective too. With Urban at OSU, we are going to need more helping pulling kids from Ohio. Stoops can do that. And look at how heavy we are over in the Arizona area. Again, Stoops can help there too. I think he is a good fit.

So can Bo-he's from Ohio too as is Beck. Carl is from Ohio too. So we don't need Stoops to recruit kids from Ohio. Bo can do that (and has-look at our roster-lots of kids from Ohio) all by his lonesome :)

The head coach doesn't do nearly as much recruiting as the assistants. Especially Bo.

However, don't you think that Bo has lots of contacts that he can send his assistants too? I'm thinking that Bo probably has lots of high school coaches that he is friends with from back home in Ohio that he can tap into. Head coaches delegate :) So Bo probably delegates lots of trips to his assistants but Bo knows. :)

However, don't you think that Bo has lots of contacts that he can send his assistants too? I'm thinking that Bo probably has lots of high school coaches that he is friends with from back home in Ohio that he can tap into. Head coaches delegate :) So Bo probably delegates lots of trips to his assistants but Bo knows. :)

And you don't think that Stoops may have more connections that Bo doesn't? Ohio is such a recruiting gold mine that any more help in the state the merrier. And Beck doesn't hit Ohio as much as you think. His newer, and probably stronger connections are in Texas and Arizona.

Yes, just reaffirming lionsfan's post about Stoops. I don't think anyone's arguing that a Stoops would have more push in Ohio than someone who Bo delegated.

If we promote from within it will be another step in Bo's dismissal. He micro manages way too much. He has to learn to delegate and let them sink or swim. He does not have time to be teaching a new DC and OC. This is a big time program, not Cardnil Mooney high school. We deserve qualified assitants who can do their job without someone else helping them to do so.

I want Bo to succeed but he seems to be doing everything to fail. He needs help, Stoops or Zook would be perfect for the job and would help on recruiting nationwide. Trust me we need it.

Trying to do everything is the first indicator that he is not managerial material. He needs to learn this now. Or he will not be here much longer I am afraid.

• Fire 1

If we promote from within it will be another step in Bo's dismissal. He micro manages way too much. He has to learn to delegate and let them sink or swim. He does not have time to be teaching a new DC and OC. This is a big time program, not Cardnil Mooney high school. We deserve qualified assitants who can do their job without someone else helping them to do so.

I want Bo to succeed but he seems to be doing everything to fail. He needs help, Stoops or Zook would be perfect for the job and would help on recruiting nationwide. Trust me we need it.

Trying to do everything is the first indicator that he is not managerial material. He needs to learn this now. Or he will not be here much longer I am afraid.

What about everyone who thinks he'll have more input in the defense (a la 2009) if he promotes JP?

How is Bo doing "everything to fail"? He's won 9, 10, 10 & (9 or 10) games each year. Winning that many game after taking over a program that was in the bottom of a dumpster doesn't look bad to me. I think there's lot's of couches and programs that would gladly take such failure.

Pedey is gone so I doubt he has to worry about getting fired for winning 9 or 10 games a year.

• Fire 1

And you don't think that Stoops may have more connections that Bo doesn't? Ohio is such a recruiting gold mine that any more help in the state the merrier. And Beck doesn't hit Ohio as much as you think. His newer, and probably stronger connections are in Texas and Arizona.

I don't know. Could be. They may even have different contacts, so I agree-more the merrier! Do you think that Bo might have more contacts now that he's in the Big 10 vs Mike who has been in Arizona for the past 6 years? But then again-when you grew up in a place you're always going to have those folks you can count on. I just hope we can get him. I just think it would be a really good fit.

Do you think that Beck might be able to tap into a younger generation of people in Ohio than Bo or Mike Stoops? But it's great that he's focused in on Texas and Arizona. If Mike Stoops DID come here he could really be an asset to Beck in Arizona-what do you think?

P.S. Your avatar always makes me laugh. I hope you never change it! (GMoose's avatar that is!)

Your not seeing the forest for the trees.

He is overworking himself. Every head coach has these assitants for a reason. Smaller programs are for training DC' and OC's and let the bigger programs promote them.

He took on a OC this year, that is still not really a OC. He is being helped by Bo I am sure. Bo has had distractions from the defense due to this. WE were worse this year on defense than since he got here. With one of the two here he could concentrate on the offense and let Stoops or Zook run the defense, both are pretty good at it according to their pasts. Both are pretty good recruiters.

Bo needs to be the CEO of this program, not the DC and the OC, which currently he is. Some programs pay over a million dollars for that help, and the ones that do seem to be the ones winning, allowing Miles and Saben the time to do their jobs.

He has to grow, and he has not. It is not about wins or losses, it is about the future and where we are headed.

Being a head coach is making it all work, everything, wins losses, recruiting, overseeing the game plan, development of the players and the staff. he can not do it all by himself and he is painting himself into that corner, like a lot of first time coahes/managers do.

By promoting within he really brings no assistance to himself, and robsker has shown over and over the steps that need to be take in his development, but somehow falls on deaf ears around here.

He is a very good coach, trying to do to much. It very seldom works in business and I doubt it works here.

If IIRC, Ohio sends the 3rd or 4th most HS to Div1 schools. Now that we are in the B1G, we need every advantage to get these kids to NU. Urban there now will not help. Say we lose some contacts in Texas and Florida and now to the biggest recruiting area in our conference. Bo needs to think future. In terms of MNC, recruiting etc.......

An outside, trusted hire would allow him to finally be the HC instead of the man behind the curtain.

we have a newbie as OC, we don't need a newbie for a DC too........way too much for Bo to handle......

Not to mention, if JP goes up a new ST and DL coach or more responsibilities to others. We need to go in to next year with a real chance to win, not a chance to not lose as bad. An internal, no real experience DC would really set us back IMO.

If he hires within it sets us back period.

Bama pays kirby smart over a million bucks to be a DC and I would guess others do to. I am not saying we get into a bidding war, we just need to take some of the load off of Bo, in this preasure cooker he will be Urban with heart problems before long. Too much stress.

Just depends on how bad you want to win. It takes money. I hope that this hire is not being dictated by money. I think the last one was.

I'm getting tired of Nebraska being a grooming grounds for up and coming, prospect coaches (or washed up, never were's in Cotton's case). A little bit of that is fine...I'm all about the young, hungry entry level guys. But I don't think we need it at every freakin level o te staff. This program is starting to feel as if it's staffed like a Houston or a Ball State. Hiring guys out of high school programs, out of work, etc. From Bo all the way down, this is becoming "learn on the job U". We need to start pissing in the tall grass if we want to start walking with the big dogs again. We need better, more high-profile coaches...and players for that matter!!