DC Candidates?

Bo is risking his tenure here with rookie coaches, i hope he is prepared for the hell he is about to catch.

So you are saying he should hire a veteran DC with many years of experience like, say, Cosgrove?

Now I am going to Hell

You are, never supposed to say that name here.

I think the character of Bo is what is keeping him from getting a big name DC

1. Bo IS a big name DC.

Big name coordinators don't take a job because the head coach is a big name coordinator. They take it because their boss is a big name head coach and they can get some head coaching mentoring from one of the best...of which, Bo is not.

I think the character of Bo is what is keeping him from getting a big name DC

1. Bo IS a big name DC.

Big name coordinators don't take a job because the head coach is a big name coordinator. They take it because their boss is a big name head coach and they can get some head coaching mentoring from one of the best...of which, Bo is not.

I'm not saying that big-name DCs will want to come here because Bo is a big name DC. I'm saying that we don't need a big name DC because we've already got one.

• Fire 1

Does anyone think that Bo has discussed the DC hire with T.O?

Are you crazy?? They're not even on speaking terms right now!! :)

Yeah, every since Bo call Tom a crusty old f***. Oh wait. That with the guy before. Carry on.

Here it goes. Off with the rose colored glasses. If it is JP, I will be ticked. We have the money, I would like to think we have the prestidge to attract a big time DC. Since SUH has been gone, our D line has given up many yrds to running teams, make mobile QB's look like Hypseman candidates and really has looked poor. Now we want to make the guy who was the D Line coach our DC.

Let's see, Carl was D line coach and then DC and folks begged for Bo to "take back over" the D. This year JP was D line, ST and recruit coordinator. What would make anyone think he is ready to take over in year 2 against the B1G. Is he really this nationally recognized "young gun" coach?

Many knocked Frost for OC as he was a position coach. Now our OC is a former position coach, our new DC could possibly be one as well. We need to get 5* coaches if we expect to win. JP might be a great coach someday, but we need to quit being a training ground that gets guys some good resume material and hire proven guys who plan to stay for a few yrs. Yes they will probably move on in a few years, BUT they hit the ground running. Take Beck for example. You think an experienced OC comes here and only puts together a quarter or two of good plays per games or runs something that works never to be seen again.

If we want to win, it is imperative we put a staff together that can. It is the same reason we go after talented HS and Juco kids. It is very hard to teach kids and develop them when you are learning yourself.

Another example is Raymond. Lok at his learning curve. He came here and said that our DB play was too physical for the B1G. We get there and are abused by their receivers and DB's alike. He learned. It took like game 9, but he did. Look how long it also took to get a consistent DB line up.......IIRC game 6. I hope that he pans out. Green has really come on and Evans was improving as well.

Y'all really want a DC to learn on the fly. No thanks. Not me. Get experience.