DC Candidates?

First Choice: Mike Stoops, Arizona (he was making $1.4 million with zona, is he really going to take $400,000 - $500,000 from us?)

Second Choice: Chuck Pagano, Baltimore Ravens (runs a 4-3 multiple front and has done very well this year)

Third Choice: Ron Zook, Illinois

Fourth Choice: John Papuchis (promotion)

Ummmmmm.......He was a HEAD COACH with Arizona!!! DCs aren't going to make as much as a head coach. He will not get $1.4M anywhere, I mean anywhere to be a DC. Also I think we could give more than $400-500K from what I've heard. I was hearing anywhere from $550-750K. That is a pretty damn good salary for a DC anywhere.

Damn, he just got handed his walking papers. I don't think he's too worried about exactly what he will be making. He wants to get back into coaching right away with a Big name program. The sooner he shows he is what he was before Zona the sooner he gets another HC job.

Yes I know this, and i'm assuming most educated people on this board do as well (like you). If he takes a DC position anywhere he will be taking a pay cut from what he was making... but is it out of the question that he would have the opportunity to be a head coach somewhere? That's what I was referring to... taking a DC position over a HC position.

Also, let's say we can pay him 650 or 700... if i'm not mistaken Auburn is looking for a DC too, or did I not hear that somewhere and am just thinking it? I don't see how Ohio State can keep their current guy and add Mike for 650-700, I don't see OU booting Venebels unless he gets an HC spot somewhere and then Mike comes in to fill in. If we can dish out that kind of cash I don't think there are many other programs in the country that will dish back at that price. OU might if venebels left, Auburn might.... but as far as vacancies at big time programs... I dont see many that can fork out the cash. Mike would be huge to NU for recruiting, for experience, for a lot of reasons. I really do think we'd have a good shot to pay Mike as much as other programs. He has talked as if he really respects us (especially after getting whooped in the bowl game a couple years ago).

They are and they have brother Mark on their short list from FSU (already being reported Mark to Auburn is a done deal). They may also have South Carolina's D-Coordinator, Ellis Johnson in their cross hairs.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/11/fsu-stoops-brother-on-auburns-dc-radar/

lil fyi.....The Husker football Wikipedia website hasn't taken down or modified Mike Stoops being listed on the Husker staff. It's been on there for over a week now I think. Typically, when information that isn't legit/verifiable is posted on Wikipedia, moderators will take it down. Well....Mike's name is still on the staff listing...................interesting............hmmm

Which one are you looking at? The one I saw still had Carl listed as our defensive coordinator.

lil fyi.....The Husker football Wikipedia website hasn't taken down or modified Mike Stoops being listed on the Husker staff. It's been on there for over a week now I think. Typically, when information that isn't legit/verifiable is posted on Wikipedia, moderators will take it down. Well....Mike's name is still on the staff listing...................interesting............hmmm

Which one are you looking at? The one I saw still had Carl listed as our defensive coordinator.

Nebraska Cornhuskers football

Look on the panel to the left under other staff. It has Mike Stoops as the last name.

Look on the panel to the left under other staff. It has Mike Stoops as the last name.

Are you talking about the information that is in blue? If so, there's no 'other staff' it just has current staff if that's what you're talking about. They have Chris Farley listed as our DC 2008-2011.

Are you talking about the information that is in blue? If so, there's no 'other staff' it just has current staff if that's what you're talking about. They have Chris Farley listed as our DC 2008-2011.

I mean right. Wasn't paying attention to what I was typing.