Bowl game in Nebraska?

I think that's a great idea, how about another Big 10/SEC matchup. We both have a bunch of bowl eligible teams every year. Why should the state of Florida get all of our money from fans attending the games?!?!

Because there's a big difference between Florida and Nebraska...

Mainly that people enjoy visiting Florida.

Exactly! A more likely spot for a bowl game would be Denver calling it the snow bowl. There are lots of people that do actually like to ski. Nebraska has no draw.

Sorry, horrible idea but I'm sure it comes from a good place. I'm from Nebraska and the last thing I want to do is go freeze my arse off watching 2 teams that managed to break .500. I probably wouldn't go even if I still lived in Lincoln. Quite a few years ago I bought season tickets to the CU Buffs just so I would be able to go to the Husker game. One weekend they were playing Stanford so I thought I'd where my red, go cheer for Stanford, and enjoy a CFB game. Wrong-Left mid 3rd quarter out of sheer boredom. It is one thing to be an uninterested observer on TV, it is just plain brutal in person. The reason there is not already a bowl game in Nebraska is because the people with deep enough pockets to make it happen know it would be a huge financial loser. Most any successful bowl site has lots of other draws to it. I hate saying it but what is there in Dec/Jan to see/do in Nebraska? Find out what frost bite looks like?

Do you mean like a bowl using Memorial as a host location or like a bowl in Lincoln that Nebraska has a permenant tie in to kind of like Hawaii or some of the service academies?

On a side note I worked with a guy when I was younger who was a O-Lineman at a D2 school in Minnesota. He got to play in some kind of postseason type "bowl" in Nebraska but I don't remember where. He liked it but then again anything is better than Minnesota.

No need to take shots at MN....

Financially it will not work. The object is to get people outside of your state to come & spend money. Not a lot of people want to travel to Nebraska in Dec/Jan to sit & freeze their a$$es.

This is a myth. Most cities lose tons of money on bowl games- kind of like an Olympics. They give major concessions and help provide staffing. Lots of teams don't travel well. The bowl game system is a very clever way for public university money to be swindled by a bowl game board of directors.

On a slightly related topic the BCs and current bowl system is soooo lame that I wonder why some schools don't just disregard it.

Why couldn't Boise state say "we want to host our own game. We will play the highest ranked team that will come play us. We will split money 50-50. We will play you on a neutral site or even travel to you if you want." I think TV would buy in and that is where the money really comes from anyways.

The BCS screwed a bunch of teams letting West Vagina, Meetchicken even VaTech and Clemson into BCS bowls.

The NCAA doesn't control the BCS or the bowls. I wonder why more teams don't just say F#@ it and do their own thing.