Tebow's Broncos.

redblooded

Tebow didn't win this game. Prater won this game not Tebow. Bandwagoners you guys are funny and embarrassing.

No, Marion Barber won the game for Denver.

Denver still had to score 10 points in the last three minutes of the game, and Tebow was the QB to do it. There are a lot of factors that go into every football game - at the end of the day, Tebow did what he had to do to win.

I'm right there with you redblooded. I couldn't stand him in college, but now that everyone seems to have turned on him, I find myself rooting for him. I know I'm just going with the opposite of whatever the media is - as soon as they all get behind him I'll probably switch back to rooting against him - but right now I also feel like he's sort of the poster child of all the successful dual-threat college QBs that everyone said would fail in the NFL. I love seeing those guys go down in flames.

Let me start this by saying I absolutely hated Tebow in college, or rather the press he got as "Tebow" in college. However, how in the hell does he do it? He just goes out there and wills his team to freaking win and it seriously almost seems like 'god' is on his side. 7 and 1 as a starter in the nfl, for someone with as little skill throwing the ball as he has it is just nuts.

I'm a fan, now, I hope he bass akwards his way to a Superbowl ring. He's won through huge praise at Florida and huge negativity at Denver. His teams win games they shouldn't, which now seems like every one, even one's I've turned off and thought "ain't happening today Tim" like today's game. What the heck is with this dude?

He's not playing against good teams. If the Bears still had Cutler playing i would guarantee you the Broncos would'n't have won. Wait til they play a good team like the Patriots or in the playoffs against the Ravens or Steelers. If he can beat those teams then he does deserve the praise but let's wait til they play much better competition before we do.

No, he's not playing against the NFL's best, but they weren't playing the cream of the crop (other than Green Bay) either at the start of the season. With Orton as starter their only win was a sqeaker against Cincinnati, 1-4 to start the season. And even though the teams they're beating now aren't the best, realistically, neither are the Broncos. Their defense is keeping them in games, and the Tebow lead offense is scoring just enough. If Orton had started the last eight games what do you think their record would be in those? I'm guessing they would be lucky to be at .500.

Yes, he does it "wrong", but there is definetly some intangible about him, the entire team seems to really buy into whatever it is. And the coaching staff has done a marvelous job of building their offense around what he can do. Bottom line is he's an incredilbe leader and it's translating into wins.

I like how Tebow throws a wobbly off-balance pass while scrambling for his life. And it's caught for a gamewinning TD. :lol:

He hasn't actually done this though, has he? Most of the game winning scores have been field goals, plus a Tebow run.

Still, put me in the camp that's amused by this and rooting for the Broncos, if for no other reason than to see the critics keep digging their heels in deeper and ignore the wins. And I always did think that he would've been a legend at Nebraska had he done here what he did in Florida.

I like how Tebow throws a wobbly off-balance pass while scrambling for his life. And it's caught for a gamewinning TD. :lol:

He hasn't actually done this though, has he? Most of the game winning scores have been field goals, plus a Tebow run.

Still, put me in the camp that's amused by this and rooting for the Broncos, if for no other reason than to see the critics keep digging their heels in deeper and ignore the wins. And I always did think that he would've been a legend at Nebraska had he done here what he did in Florida.

His TD pass yesterday looked wobbly, with 2 minutes left in the game. Then again, most all of his passes look a bit wobbly. I don't know if he was scrambling for his life though.

Let me start this by saying I absolutely hated Tebow in college, or rather the press he got as "Tebow" in college. However, how in the hell does he do it? He just goes out there and wills his team to freaking win and it seriously almost seems like 'god' is on his side. 7 and 1 as a starter in the nfl, for someone with as little skill throwing the ball as he has it is just nuts.

I'm a fan, now, I hope he bass akwards his way to a Superbowl ring. He's won through huge praise at Florida and huge negativity at Denver. His teams win games they shouldn't, which now seems like every one, even one's I've turned off and thought "ain't happening today Tim" like today's game. What the heck is with this dude?

He's not playing against good teams. If the Bears still had Cutler playing i would guarantee you the Broncos would'n't have won. Wait til they play a good team like the Patriots or in the playoffs against the Ravens or Steelers. If he can beat those teams then he does deserve the praise but let's wait til they play much better competition before we do.

No, he's not playing against the NFL's best, but they weren't playing the cream of the crop (other than Green Bay) either at the start of the season. With Orton as starter their only win was a sqeaker against Cincinnati, 1-4 to start the season. And even though the teams they're beating now aren't the best, realistically, neither are the Broncos. Their defense is keeping them in games, and the Tebow lead offense is scoring just enough. If Orton had started the last eight games what do you think their record would be in those? I'm guessing they would be lucky to be at .500.

Yes, he does it "wrong", but there is definetly some intangible about him, the entire team seems to really buy into whatever it is. And the coaching staff has done a marvelous job of building their offense around what he can do. Bottom line is he's an incredilbe leader and it's translating into wins.

Yeah it's working now but people always forget later. If the Patriots roll the Broncos next Sunday the only thing that will be talked about is he can't beat good teams and that is all that matters. If you can't beat the good teams you will be replaced unless you play for the Cowboys which means you get an extension and more money.

His TD pass yesterday looked wobbly, with 2 minutes left in the game. Then again, most all of his passes look a bit wobbly. I don't know if he was scrambling for his life though.

It was the gamewinning part that I was pointing out isn't correct. That TD didn't even tie it. Not really important.

It was the gamewinning part that I was pointing out isn't correct. That TD didn't even tie it. Not really important.

Not really? Since when is scoring touchdowns not important in football?

Not really? Since when is scoring touchdowns not important in football?

I meant it's not really an important point whether it's literally a gamewinning TD or one that helped them to a win. I didn't mean to imply that the TD wasn't important. Do you really think anyone would think that?

I have a theory about Tim Tebow. We all know his character. So here's what's going to happen:

Tim Tebow will lead the Broncos to a Super Bowl victory over an 18-0 Green Bay Packers squad, they will win on a last minute heroic charge by Tebow.

After the win, Tebow's popularity will sky through the roof [even higher than it is now]

And then, he will reveal himself as the anti-Christ

I hate that Tebow is getting credit for the win yesterday. Marion Barber deserves more credit for the Broncos win than Tebow - Barber and the entire Bears DEF, who suddenly decided to stop blanket covering his WRs, allowing easy completions where before Tebow couldn't find his targets to save his life.

The Bears played the last five minutes of that game VERY differently than they played the first 55. The worst part about it is the ongoing tonguing the press is giving to Tebow as a result. Shameful, Bears.

• Fire 1

<----- Yes. Tim Tebow has arrived.

But no, realistically. I was born in Denver and now live in Nebraska, the Broncos have been my team every second of my life. I'm clearly biased, but I'd ask that you have any open mind about what I'm trying to say. I'm the first of the fans (sorry, not like the sunshine pumpers around here :sarcasm ) to say he plays like absolute s**t.... until the last 5 minutes. You can't deny that at some point in those last few minutes, a flip switches. Something happens. Sure, it's ugly, but can you really argue with a 7-1 record as a starter? It's unconventional, totally doomed to fail at some point... and I love it.

But what I don't understand is the constant hate from the media. Sure, he goes a little overboard in interviews with the God bit. Sure, he's one of those people that I totally understand would be fun to hate. But what has the kid ever done? Played for Florida? Sorry, I hope you know a lot of people probably said that to former Husker players in the late 1990s. I was talking to a relative of mine, and he made a good point. I mean, what does the kid have to do to earn some respect? Does he have to beat up his girlfriend, or maybe start some illegal dog fights? I mean, that's what all the cool, popular NFL players do these days, right? :ahhhhhhhh