South Carolina

It'll come down to the kickers...

We win.

OK... I assume then that you have not seen either team play... Or, maybe you have and you see something I do not... so, on what basis would you suggest that NU should win? I am at a loss to see what can be objectively analyzed that would lead to a prediction of an NU win over SC being more probable than a loss. Anything can happen, of course... but as for predictions, what would incline you to think that NU should win?

Last note... I do agree that our kicker is quite the advantage for NU... but, then only in a close game... and that does not seem overly likely.

Me thinks he is being sarcastic.

What is South Carolina's SOS ranking for this year? Just by looking at their schedule it didn't look too tough at all. It'll probably be a fairly close match up. But man, I really hate going up against mobile QBs. The defense is going to have to play lights out for us to win it.

I'm not really skilled at reading this but I believe Sagarin has USC at 33 and Nebraska at 30.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Anyone who thinks ESPN would favor SC because their in the SEC is kidding themselves, especially against a traditional power in Nebraska.

Hell as soon as Lattimore went down May said Clempson was going to crush us, and McShay said out of our last 5 games without Lattimore that he saw us having a losing record (we went 4-1)

• Fire 1

ESPN has financial benefits and interests tied to the SEC. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't pimp the SEC by claiming they'll win almost every bowl.

I dont understand this logic. They can claim the SEC will win every bowl, but if they go out there and lose every bowl it hurts the league's image, just like winning every bowl would only enhance the reputation. My point is that what actually happens on the field matters more than what some "analysts" say. The SEC winning the past 5(6 this year) national championships is why ESPN hypes up the league so much.

I dont understand this logic. They can claim the SEC will win every bowl, but if they go out there and lose every bowl it hurts the league's image, just like winning every bowl would only enhance the reputation. My point is that what actually happens on the field matters more than what some "analysts" say. The SEC winning the past 5(6 this year) national championships is why ESPN hypes up the league so much.

It's actually pretty simple logic. By pimping each and every SEC bowl 24/7, they get eyeballs to the games. They don't care as much if the SEC wins every game because they've already gotten paid via the TV ratings - although to continue to keep the brand viable, it behooves them to have the SEC win every game.

Further, by continually pumping sunshine about the SEC on their stations, it keeps the SEC as a desired destination fresh in the minds of all prospects, which essentially acts as a recruiting tool for the conference. You cannot deny that Bristol has a vested interest in the continued supremacy of the SEC.

ESPN has financial benefits and interests tied to the SEC. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't pimp the SEC by claiming they'll win almost every bowl.

Makes sense to me. Scoreboard is what dictates where the attention will reside. The SEC has scoreboard over the rest of the nation now... and has had scoreboard for more than 1/2 a decade and counting. There is nothing in the predictable immediate future that would suggest that this will change either. So... of course the media attention will be most centrally located upon the current kings --- and that is, has been, and looks to continue to be the SEC.

I'd think the nation must be sick of the SEC by now (except the people in that geographic area) --- it is, on a smaller scale , what College basketball was like in the Wooden era --- then, UCLA ran roughshod over the nation for 12-15 years ... and, arguably, that was the worst era in college BBall history --- simply because when there is lack of parity, the whole of the sport suffers. I think college football is now the least interesting nationally as has been the case in many years --- again, because the NC is really the SEC championship every year now. That is not good for the sport. That said, ESPN is doing nothing odd or undue... all the action (like it or not) is in the SEC.

FWIW, I hate seeing Alabama --- who did not win a conference championship --- in the NC game over someone like Oklahoma State. That said, OSU is nowhere near as good as Bama. And, again FWIW, as much as I wich Bama was not in the NC --- I hope that they win so that LSU does not win and end up viewed as the best team ever (eclipsing the NU teams) --- if LSU wins, they will be heralded by many as the best team of all time --- as an NU fan, I hope that they lose so no such thing is possible.

It's actually pretty simple logic. By pimping each and every SEC bowl 24/7, they get eyeballs to the games. They don't care as much if the SEC wins every game because they've already gotten paid via the TV ratings - although to continue to keep the brand viable, it behooves them to have the SEC win every game.

Further, by continually pumping sunshine about the SEC on their stations, it keeps the SEC as a desired destination fresh in the minds of all prospects, which essentially acts as a recruiting tool for the conference. You cannot deny that Bristol has a vested interest in the continued supremacy of the SEC.

What you describe here seems most reasonable to me. ESPN is a business that sells advertising and it only makes sense that they ride the fastest horse --- the SEC --- at this time. I agree 100% with your post.

How does one rationalize their thoughts not wanting Alabama in the BCS title game but then aknowledge they're a better team than Okie State? The BCS system is supposed to put the best two teams in the title game. While they don't always get it right, I believe they did get it right this year. I'd say there's a considerable distance between LSU/Bama over the rest of the top teams.

How does one rationalize their thoughts not wanting Alabama in the BCS title game but then aknowledge they're a better team than Okie State? The BCS system is supposed to put the best two teams in the title game. While they don't always get it right, I believe they did get it right this year. I'd say there's a considerable distance between LSU/Bama over the rest of the top teams.

Yes, oversigning does have its benefits.