Caputo - playing in the Cap-One Bowl?

knapplc

So your telling me..

1. You don't drink, or only have like one..maybe two 12 oz. beers when you go out. Nothing wrong with that. My parents don't drink at all.

2. Spend a lot of money on cabs when you were in college...now...or both.

3. Have the BEST friends ever to drive you around and not have a drink themselves.

4. Love to walk long distances and maybe even love jogging...or yogging (if your Ron Burgundy) at the wee hours of the night.

Just curious as to which it is.

I'm curious. What's your motivation for making excuses for a guy who drove over the legal limit? "Everyone does it" is BS. Not everyone drinks too much and gets behind the wheel.

We can all still like Caputo and wish him well and still think he's a dumbass for drinking and driving. You don't have to cover for him.

Because I don't judge people when I've made the same mistake at that age. No, not everyone does it, but Im sure many on this board and even some who have posted in this thread have.

He will learn from this and not make the same mistake again..hopefully. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way. Now, whenever I know Im going out and Im going to drink a lot, me and some friends always switch off driving. But when I was 21, nobody would want to be DD because everyone wanted to drink.

Im sorry if you think Im standing up for him, Im not, Im just not going to crucify him like some have. Its called being a hypocrite.

The real question is, how was he passed out with a BAC of .103? Amateur.
Rumor has it that he and Frank Solich were eating tacos together and someone slipped something in their drinks.

Man, I forgot all about the incident with Frank. That is ome funny stuff. Not making light of DUI, but the Frank comment was funny. Not even sure how many folks remember that.

So your telling me..

1. You don't drink, or only have like one..maybe two 12 oz. beers when you go out. Nothing wrong with that. My parents don't drink at all.

2. Spend a lot of money on cabs when you were in college...now...or both.

3. Have the BEST friends ever to drive you around and not have a drink themselves.

4. Love to walk long distances and maybe even love jogging...or yogging (if your Ron Burgundy) at the wee hours of the night.

Just curious as to which it is.

I'm curious. What's your motivation for making excuses for a guy who drove over the legal limit? "Everyone does it" is BS. Not everyone drinks too much and gets behind the wheel.

We can all still like Caputo and wish him well and still think he's a dumbass for drinking and driving. You don't have to cover for him.

:mellow: yep

We all make mistakes....he just lost control and made some dumb decisions....I feel bad for the guy, but not playing in the bowl game could be his punishment. It's all about self-responsibility. I have drank and drove before, but I don't drive when I am completely slambasted. I know my limits....once again, self-responsibility. I guarantee plenty of people on this board have drank and then drove...MANY of US do it....difference is....do you drive totally wasted all the time? I sure as hell don't.

We all make mistakes....he just lost control and made some dumb decisions....I feel bad for the guy, but not playing in the bowl game could be his punishment. It's all about self-responsibility. I have drank and drove before, but I don't drive when I am completely slambasted. I know my limits....once again, self-responsibility. I guarantee plenty of people on this board have drank and then drove...MANY of US do it....difference is....do you drive totally wasted all the time? I sure as hell don't.

Very true. But the problem is...the punishment is worse for his teammates, the program, and the fans. If he cared less to put himself into this situation, then I'm sure he could care less about how many people he affected. Thankfully he is done and will never put on a Husker jersey in a game again.

There is nearly no way he didn't drive to that gas station. It's in the middle of nowhere. There isn't a bar within half a mile. He didn't park his car there and get a ride from his buddies, and he didn't walk there from the bars. He drove there. I'm sure there's security tape of the parking lot, so if he was dropped off, or walked, it'll come out. But it would be so highly unlikely that the odds aren't even worth talking about.

Even if he got dropped off, it's a DUI. Stupid law since he wasn't driving, but that's how it works in Nebraska. Even if he's sitting in the passenger seat with the car on and he's drunk, it's a DUI. If you are above .08 BAC and are in a car within reach of starting the car (or if it's already started), it's a DUI.

There is nearly no way he didn't drive to that gas station. It's in the middle of nowhere. There isn't a bar within half a mile. He didn't park his car there and get a ride from his buddies, and he didn't walk there from the bars. He drove there. I'm sure there's security tape of the parking lot, so if he was dropped off, or walked, it'll come out. But it would be so highly unlikely that the odds aren't even worth talking about.

Even if he got dropped off, it's a DUI. Stupid law since he wasn't driving, but that's how it works in Nebraska. Even if he's sitting in the passenger seat with the car on and he's drunk, it's a DUI. If you are above .08 BAC and are in a car within reach of starting the car (or if it's already started), it's a DUI.

Wow, I did not know that. I do all my drinking at home or before the game, so I'm sober before I get behind the wheel.