Will Eric Martin Play?

huskerhill

A non injury accident, alcohol not involved ( no mention), I would hope not. Hopefully some extra stairs.

Coincidence these to happened when the staff was off recruiting? GA's not keeping close tabs.

Most definitely need to be strolling the Wally World parking lot. That's what they're paid for right?

Huh?

He means how the hell do you keep tabs on every player at all times? You think a player should have a GA following him to WalMart and watching him back out?

You think a player should have a GA following him to WalMart and watching him back out?

Not saying that I agree with it, but if your really think about the kind of money & prestige involved with a win and having our starters able/eligible to play...

It wouldn't be totally crazy to have a GA following each of the starters around. I mean, would you think the Athletic department would pay a kid $8 an hour, maybe $400 a week to make sure Caputo never got his DUI? I would think that would be worth thousands of dollars easily to them.

You think a player should have a GA following him to WalMart and watching him back out?

Not saying that I agree with it, but if your really think about the kind of money & prestige involved with a win and having our starters able/eligible to play...

It wouldn't be totally crazy to have a GA following each of the starters around. I mean, would you think the Athletic department would pay a kid $8 an hour, maybe $400 a week to make sure Caputo never got his DUI? I would think that would be worth thousands of dollars easily to them.

We do that with academics, sort of. "Eyeballing" players to class if they miss a couple. But 24/7 babysitting would be a bit much. At some point these guys just need to take some responsibility.

We do that with academics, sort of. "Eyeballing" players to class if they miss a couple. But 24/7 babysitting would be a bit much. At some point these guys just need to take some responsibility.

Exactly. Try telling a recruit that as soon as they step on campus, every move that they make will literally be watched by a GA.... Might not go over well there either.

These guys are college students, and should not require a babysitter..

I'd love to see a pic of the damage EMart did to this car. He was backing out of his stall and bumped bumpers, right? Once several years ago I was doing the same thing, and the guy behind me in the other aisle was doing the same thing. We backed into each other, got out, checked for damage and there was none.

In inner cities where you have to parallel park all the time, tapping someone with your bumper is an approved method of getting into your spot. Happens pretty much every time you park.

First, you're nuts if you think anyone wants someone tailing them all over the place.

Second, $400/week * 85 scholarship players is $34K per week. You want it during the season only, or year round, since you don't want kids getting into trouble in the off season. That's $1.768M. And when they aren't in school or at practice you probably need more than 40-50 hours a week of coverage so it's going to be more.

I'm amazed that you could even consider this as a possibility. You are wrong, it would be totally crazy. Maybe you think putting ankle bracelets on is reasonable?

First, you're nuts if you think anyone wants someone tailing them all over the place.

Second, $400/week * 85 scholarship players is $34K per week. You want it during the season only, or year round, since you don't want kids getting into trouble in the off season. That's $1.768M. And when they aren't in school or at practice you probably need more than 40-50 hours a week of coverage so it's going to be more.

I'm amazed that you could even consider this as a possibility. You are wrong, it would be totally crazy. Maybe you think putting ankle bracelets on is reasonable?

Just to humor the argument for the sake of arguing... Divided by 4 (22 starters) = $400,000. That's cheap!

A non injury accident, alcohol not involved ( no mention), I would hope not. Hopefully some extra stairs.

Coincidence these to happened when the staff was off recruiting? GA's not keeping close tabs.

Most definitely need to be strolling the Wally World parking lot. That's what they're paid for right?

Huh?

He means how the hell do you keep tabs on every player at all times? You think a player should have a GA following him to WalMart and watching him back out?

You guys missed the point. More of the old adage "while the cats away the mice will play". Just an example of Bo and his influence. Practice reports say the GA's have been running practice while the coaches are away recruiting. It is a logical conclusion to believe the kids might "let down" as the coaching staff is tied up.

No where in the post did I even infer the GA's needed to watch the players.